New manager

reykjavik

I just can't believe the ones who kept saying give him more time are now outraged that a poor manager is heavily linked to the job.

We have an opportunity to change the fortunes of the club by employing a manager with tactical nous and experience, instead it appears we're taking the cheapest gamble out there.

No wonder fans are frustrated.

Why would that sort of manager want to come here right now though?

Fox, Lerner et al have to convince that type of manager and sell the club to him for what it is - not take the easy option.

I just can't believe the ones who kept saying give him more time are now outraged that a poor manager is heavily linked to the job.

We have an opportunity to change the fortunes of the club by employing a manager with tactical nous and experience, instead it appears we're taking the cheapest gamble out there.

Fox, Lerner et al have to convince that type of manager and sell the club to him for what it is - not take the easy option.

What is it? A team in the bottom 3 with 13 games to play. A squad destroyed of confidence and on a horrific run and an owner who doesn't want to be there.

I don't think you could sell this and I'm no fan of Lerner or fox really.

What is it? A team in the bottom 3 with 13 games to play. A squad destroyed of confidence and on a horrific run and an owner who doesn't want to be there.

So you're saying they should just give up and accept relegation without showing ambition and potential??

In fairness to Jonah, hes got a good point.

Im one of those "Idiots" that thought Id rather have a manger who has a track record of keeping pretty mediocre teams up than roll the dice. But If we're not going to make the change until now its hardly a surprise we're going to be shopping in the bargain bin of managers other teams didnt want.

• Like 3

Hi Villatalk, Spurs fan here. Ask me anything about Tim :P

Any positives you feel he can offer Villa?

A lot. Short term he should give the club a lift and it will help if the fans buy into him and create a positive atmosphere. I think he's a good judge of player, when he came into Spurs, he favoured a young lad(Bentaleb) over far more experienced players with big reputations and price tags, it took a lot of balls to do that and he's been proven right as Bentaleb is now a key 1st team player for us over those established names, he also brought Kane in ahead of Soldado, a move which wasn't met positively with Spurs fans but again he's been proven more than correct on that one. I wouldn't like to guess where you'll end up this season if you were to hire him and there probably are safer options but long term I think he'll do a great job if he's given a chance. He 100% believes in developing young/home grown players over buying, he'll build a team that the fans find easy to get behind, any blasé players putting in minimal effort will quickly be shown the door - no matter who they are. He hates players who aren't good on the ball and he sets up to play attacking football - which could go some way to explaining why we had a high win % as well as a relatively high loss % and little in the way of draws while he was here.

Anyway, I've met my posts limit for the day so this'll have to be the last one. I like him and if he is appointed it's good to see a young British manager getting a chance at a big club, he'll do well if you support and stick by him imo.

Thanx for the insight

If he does come, I hope it goes well. He needs to hit the ground running

it's good to see a young British manager getting a chance at a big club

See Lambert, Paul.

• Like 1

So you're saying they should just give up and accept relegation without showing ambition and potential??

Who said give up. I'm sure the club will look but I just can't see why an experienced manager with lots of potential would want to join this club at this moment.

Who says Sherwood will be a poor manager? He has to be given a chance. Some are judging him on a post match interview by one of his former players because he didn't answer a question how they wanted him to?

There aren't many managers out there that we can get but I wanted Lambert out and will support anyone who comes in. Sherwood should at least have a modern approach and fresh ideas.

You can throw all your stats out the window for this because it's not really relevant. The amount of people who are already annoyed by the Sherwood link makes me want him as manager even more. He will at least be some entertainment and won't take any shit. Im all for it.

Eh?

The reason some of us wanted him to get more time is because we knew there were a dearth of candidates to replace him and our owner is a mentalist who could literally pick anyone.

I'm not one to criticise fellow fans, but anyone who thinks Sherwood is a decent replacement for Lambert is quite frankly, wrong.

Its like wanting rid of the Tories then trying to say UKIP wouldn't be a bad alternative.

I know some were so desperate for Lambert to go, but accepting Sherwood as a viable alternative is just crazy.

You think Lambert was going too relegate us? Wait till you get a load of Tim.

If we're going to get somebody who will ruffle feathers, then may as well get DiCanio. I just don't understand that thinking. We're talking about bringing in a bloke with 4 months of managerial experience, at a club nowhere near any trouble, to come in and save us. It's baffling.

And, no, people aren't judging him based on one video. Don't be daft.

• Like 2

And somebody has to be better than Sherwood.

But just for you:

Nigel Adkins (No)

Dick Advocaat (Yes)

Alan Curbishley (No)

Cesare Prandelli (Unlikely)

Glen Hoddle (NO!!!)

Bruce Arena (Umm...)

Marco Bielsa (No chance)

Gary Rowett (Unlikely)

Steve McLaren (No)

Bob Bradley (Meh)

George Burley (Ha ha!)

Terry Butcher (See above)

Paul Clement (Yes)

Tony Pulis (No x100)

Sam Allardyce (No)

Paolo DI Canio (Lol)

Sven Goran Erikson (Has-been)

Quique Flores (Too late)

Remi Garde (Yes)

Thomas Tuchel (Good luck with that)

Avram grant (Lol)

Sami Hyppia (Meh)

Paco Jemez (Going down m'lord)

Martin Jol (Sigh!(

Dave Jones (Next)

Roy Keane (Trolling)

Michael Laudrup (Yes)

Marcello Lippi (No)

Felix Magath (...)

Gary McAllister (Maybe)

Ally McCoist (Meh)

Brian McDermott (lol)

David Moyes (Sociedad)

Gary Neville (Maybe)

Claudio Ranieri (No)

Jurgen Klinsmann (Yes)

Uwe Rosler (No)

Ole GUnnar SOlksjaer (History)

Gareth Southgate (Not happening)

Marco Tardelli (No)

Marco Van Basten (Won't come)

Ray Wilkins (No. 2)

Murat Yakin (See Southgate)

Les Ferdinand (Better than Sherwood, how?)

Paul **** Lambert (:crylaugh:)

Filtered for your benefit.

• Like 1

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/25/tim-sherwood-tottenham-manager-win-record

I like this article where he talks a lot about youth players. We're not in he position to throw youth in now, maybe grealish will get a chance. But if we stay up then I can see him pushing the youth through, which is what we need. Lambert seemed reluctant to do it and the fans were crying out for it, now we potentially have someone that will do it.

Edited by The_Lions_Roar

the people writing off Sherwood need to get a grip. He is obviously a coaching talent because he worked his way up to the manager role at spurs. he played attacking football. i think he would be great.

Worked his way up? It was the equivalent of blow jobs to progress.[/

Eh??

it's good to see a young British manager getting a chance at a big club

See Lambert, Paul.

He had his chance, nearly 3 seasons and it didn't work out. 

• Like 1