New manager

reykjavik

He lost 10 matches during his short tenure at Spurs with a much better team, quite an achievement.

Pochettino has lost 8 in 25 so far in the premier league. Fairly similar records.

Sherwood's record was worse than the bloke he replaced. He got found out very quickly and ditched by Spurs.  An egotistical idiot and a tacticial dunce

His total management career stretches 4 months and some are creaming themselves over him - beggars belief!

Easily a bigger mistake than McLeish if he turns up which looks increasingly likely

We have turned a respected, historic club into a complete laughing stock

"We" have done nothing. The only thing "we" as a collective are responsible for is not being louder earlier during a couple of manager reigns and ensuring that the club didnt employ Steve Mclaren who some now clamour for.

Agree "we" should read "they"

My real point is that if a mangerial novice with four months experience is considering whether he will he will grace us with his presence, we really are a sorry state

F'in Hell, F'in Tim Sherwood!!! unbeleivable shite

He lost 10 matches during his short tenure at Spurs with a much better team, quite an achievement.

Pochettino has lost 8 in 25 so far in the premier league. Fairly similar records.

Sherwood's record was worse than the bloke he replaced. He got found out very quickly and ditched by Spurs. An egotistical idiot and a tacticial dunce

His total management career stretches 4 months and some are creaming themselves over him - beggars belief!

Easily a bigger mistake than McLeish if he turns up which looks increasingly likely

Sherwoods record was worse than avb?

Not from what I've seen.

AVB W17 D4 L5  Dim Sherwood W14 D4 L10

What we need?

I remember seeing this interview and think I wish Lambert would call it out (not individual players, but the team) in an interview when we've obviously played poorly. So many times under Lambert when we played badly he said we were good!

Players played out of position, players with no idea what they're supposed to be doing. Conclusion: Players fault.

Do you not see how this will be a problem?

• Like 3

Not sure why people want Prandelli so much - not really proven himself to be that great a manager, in all honesty. 

:o He took an average Italy team to Euro 2012 final and did wonders at Verona and Parma and especially Fiorentina

• Like 2

Re Sherwood.If he's appointed, this abuse must end. Otherwise we truly are ****. In fact it should end now. We need positivity running through this club now.

Of course it will end - even when McLeish was appointed (and that was far more unpopular) people got behind him, albeit with only lukewarm support.

And I will back him if he becomes Villa manager.

However, until that point I will be 100% against the appointment

To what end? 

I don't understand your question?

If he is appointed then I will back him, and the team and give him a chance. If the results stay shite though then you'll have to say it's a bad appointment.

Re Sherwood.If he's appointed, this abuse must end. Otherwise we truly are ****. In fact it should end now. We need positivity running through this club now.

It will. he'll get a clean slate from me.

But the abuse will start again in May from all corners when we're relegated.

Sherwood's record was worse than the bloke he replaced. He got found out very quickly and ditched by Spurs. An egotistical idiot and a tacticial dunce

Not from what I've seen.

AVB W17 D4 L5 Dim Sherwood W14 D4 L10

An you're including all the earlier group games in the European league against the part timers. I'm just looking at premier league record.

Eh? It says the opposite. Look at Eriksen.

You know those speech bubbles aren't real, yeah?

No shit.

But look how he reacts when asked the question.

that could mean anything maybe he was shy for the cameras and doesnt like interviews and didnt want to be in front of them

Not from what I've seen.

An you're including all the earlier group games in the European league against the part timers. I'm just looking at premier league record.

Sherwood's Spurs have won less, scored fewer goals and have a leakier defence than under AVB

So why is he hated by many Spurs fans? You seemed to do OK under him after a shambolic start to the season, why is he derided? 

Edit - at a minimum you were exciting to watch.

A combination of reasons. For one I think fans were just disappointed in general at how the season was going by the time AVB was fired and Sherwood took over, Spurs fans have always been a bit precious and just saw it as us giving up on the season instead of giving him a chance. Some believe that Sherwood was poisonous behind the scenes and helped AVB get sacked - personally I think he did that all by himself. Tim's personaility will rub a lot of people up the wrong way, he says everything as it is, some fans will like that and others would rather he were just like most other managers regurgitating stock answers.

Not from what I've seen.

AVB W17 D4 L5  Dim Sherwood W14 D4 L10

That record(AVB's) is heavily padded by 8 games against sunday league opposition in the early rounds of the Europa whilst Tim's [cup] record includes games against the likes of Arsenal, Dnipro and Benfica - slightly tougher opposition. League only Tim took 42 points from 22 games, AVB took 27 from 16.

• Like 4

And I will back him if he becomes Villa manager.

However, until that point I will be 100% against the appointment

To what end? 

I don't understand your question?

If he is appointed then I will back him, and the team and give him a chance. If the results stay shite though then you'll have to say it's a bad appointment.

http://www.yourdictionary.com/to-what-end

That says it for me.

Too much was always made of this video, even Spurs fans accept that. Sherwood had a strained relationship with quite a few of the players but Eriksen wasn't known to be one of them.

It would be fair to say he was more fulfilled under Sherwood in his six-month tenure:

“I like the ball as much as possible, I want to assist and create things, and under Tim that happened.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/christian-eriksen-interview-tottenham-star-4506633

Eriksen admitted he is enjoying a new lease of life under head coach Tim Sherwood, ever since the departure of Andre Villas-Boas earlier this season. The 22-year-old is relishing a more pivotal role under the former Blackburn midfielder, and is keen to repay Sherwood's faith.

"Recently I've been really satisfied with how it's gone," he said. "I think he (Sherwood) is more English in his style than Villas-Boas of course, you can see that in the way we play.

"But for me it's been good, for me personally I've had the chance to play, so of course it's been great.

http://fifa.com/ballon-dor/news/y=2014/m=3/news=eriksen-won-walk-out-spurs-2293907.html

So why is he hated by many Spurs fans? You seemed to do OK under him after a shambolic start to the season, why is he derided?

Edit - at a minimum you were exciting to watch.

A combination of reasons. For one I think fans were just disappointed in general at how the season was going by the time AVB was fired and Sherwood took over, Spurs fans have always been a bit precious and just saw it as us giving up on the season instead of giving him a chance. Some believe that Sherwood was poisonous behind the scenes and helped AVB get sacked - personally I think he did that all by himself. Tim's personaility will rub a lot of people up the wrong way, he says everything as it is, some fans will like that and others would rather he were just like most other managers regurgitating stock answers.

Not from what I've seen.

That record(AVB's) is heavily padded by 8 games against sunday league opposition in the early rounds of the Europa whilst Tim's [cup] record includes games against the likes of Arsenal, Dnipro and Benfica - slightly tougher opposition. League only Tim took 42 points from 22 games, AVB took 27 from 16.

Which is what I meant, you can't include Europa league games against shody opposition for a fair comparison.

If Sherwood is appointed he will have my backing

Still an upgrade on Lambert however i believe him not having his backroom staff at the club will weaken his managerial ability

Every press conference i seen with him at Spurs he mentions "We" and "Our" as in him Ramsey and Ferdinand

Shame they won't be coming as well