New manager

reykjavik

Maybe if we didn't keep moving the goal posts and continuing to keep giving a failure manager time, which lots wanted. We'd be in a better position to get a decent manager.

If we end up with Sherwood it's down to the state Lerner and Lambert have put us in.

Edited by DCJonah

So why is he hated by many Spurs fans? You seemed to do OK under him after a shambolic start to the season, why is he derided? 

Edit - at a minimum you were exciting to watch.

A combination of reasons. For one I think fans were just disappointed in general at how the season was going by the time AVB was fired and Sherwood took over, Spurs fans have always been a bit precious and just saw it as us giving up on the season instead of giving him a chance. Some believe that Sherwood was poisonous behind the scenes and helped AVB get sacked - personally I think he did that all by himself. Tim's personaility will rub a lot of people up the wrong way, he says everything as it is, some fans will like that and others would rather he were just like most other managers regurgitating stock answers.

He lost 10 matches during his short tenure at Spurs with a much better team, quite an achievement.

Pochettino has lost 8 in 25 so far in the premier league. Fairly similar records.

Sherwood's record was worse than the bloke he replaced. He got found out very quickly and ditched by Spurs. An egotistical idiot and a tacticial dunce

His total management career stretches 4 months and some are creaming themselves over him - beggars belief!

Easily a bigger mistake than McLeish if he turns up which looks increasingly likely

We have turned a respected, historic club into a complete laughing stock

Sherwoods record was worse than avb?

Not from what I've seen.

AVB W17 D4 L5  Dim Sherwood W14 D4 L10

That record(AVB's) is heavily padded by 8 games against sunday league opposition in the early rounds of the Europa whilst Tim's [cup] record includes games against the likes of Arsenal, Dnipro and Benfica - slightly tougher opposition. League only Tim took 42 points from 22 games, AVB took 27 from 16.

I don't normally take posters for gospel but this is a great mini-overview. Personally, I think his personality is exactly what we need right now.

Edited by NSmith22

Maybe if we didn't keep moving the goal posts and continuing to keep giving a failure manager time, which lots wanted. We'd be in a better position to get a decent manager.

If we end up with Sherwood it's down to the state Lerner and Lambert have put us in.

So presumably if Sherwood fails it'll be Lambert's fault?

it all depends on standard of failure. If we go down this season it will be Lambert's fault

The bloke has gone. Let it go.

• Like 4

it all depends on standard of failure. If we go down this season it will be Lambert's fault

To an extent, although it's not like we're cut adrift.

Has anyone mentioned his net spend yet?

Let it go!

It depends how much damage Lambert has done to the confidence/morale of the squad.

Edited by Isa

I just can't believe the ones who kept saying give him more time are now outraged that a poor manager is heavily linked to the job.

We have an opportunity to change the fortunes of the club by employing a manager with tactical nous and experience, instead it appears we're taking the cheapest gamble out there.

No wonder fans are frustrated.

• Like 1

giphy.gif

:ph34r:

I just can't believe the ones who kept saying give him more time are now outraged that a poor manager is heavily linked to the job.

True 

Perhaps had we acted sooner Pulis would now be our manager and our premier league status would be guaranteed

We have an opportunity to change the fortunes of the club by employing a manager with tactical nous and experience, instead it appears we're taking the cheapest gamble out there.

Exactly.

Why does it have to be turned into a pop at other fans? Lambert's gone, you should be delighted. Let it go.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Why would that sort of manager want to come here right now though?

No one was saying giving him more time after Hull.

This is pretty strange logic really - just because some people backed him for a long time doesn't mean they should be happy about Sherwood taking over.

• Like 1

True

Perhaps had we acted sooner Pulis would now be our manager and our premier league status would be guaranteed

Exactly. If he was sacked last summer or before Xmas, two times when he should have gone we'd be able to get much better than Sherwood.

Poor manager based upon what? Because his record certainly isn't poor no matter how short it is.

Yeah wrong words, I'm actually fairly pleased with Sherwood. I meant that those annoyed about see him as a poor manager.

No one was saying giving him more time after Hull.

This is pretty strange logic really - just because some people backed him for a long time doesn't mean they should be happy about Sherwood taking over.

No but they should realise the state we're in because we gave him more time.