New manager

reykjavik

I can't get my head around why fans are so anti-Sherwood.

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

It's a far bigger gamble than we should be taking

He also managed to win half of those games.

the bare minimum when you inherited a team that spent 100million 6 months previous

So why couldn't AVB manage it?

because he's not as good a manager as Sherwood.

Avram Grant has done more than Sherwood in his managerial career

Shame he's ruled himself out the running

Posts like this go to show why our opinion cannot be trusted. That and somebody earlier in the thread saying they would prefer Hoddle. 

Sherwood is nowhere near my number one choice, he probably isn't the clubs no matter what happens, but Avram Grant? Get a grip man. 

It was a tongue in cheek joke more than anything tbh

Grant did well under Chelsea with their millions and Sherwood did the same at Spurs

He then got West Ham and Portsmouth relegated yeah.

Sherwood hasn't had that chance yet maybe he will get it though

We'd like to assure fans that we are doing everything possible, & as prudently as possible to find the right man to meet the required remit to firstly, secure our Premier League status next season & then, guide us into a new and fresh direction next season. But, our main & only objective right now is about ensuring we cement our Premier League status. It has been a turbulent time, & understandably fans have been left frustrated. We have identified three candidates for the vacant managers position and are currently evaluating the best way forward to bring a new and invigorated no-nonsense approach that the players will respect & fully get behind. Rest assured, we all want what is best for the Club. We understand that time is not on our side & are working tirelessly to make sure the right man is appointed and as soon as possible. The players need a lift, the fans need a lift & Sunday is going to be a very important day for AVFC moving forward.

Let's get Villa Park rocking on Sunday. #avfc

From the real Incognito AVFC

Edited by Jay.P.A

:snip:

...but rather from the audacity to throw his entire team under the bus just to cover himself after being completely found out tactically in that game.

Tallies with what a Spurs mate of mine said. Basically that he's a flat track bully who will beat lesser teams but get mullered by better ones. All we'd need to do is find some lesser teams :-P

No real rivalry on our end but most of the Baggies I know have a hatred of us bordering on Small Heath proportions. Strange bunch.

I know! My Tesco bag uncle just left a nasty little insult about AVFC on my Facebook timeline, totally unprovoked. I guess he's taking the mick now that Villa is 18th. But I would never have thought of going after WB if they were on edge of relegation, which, actually, they kind of ARE.

• Like 1

If we do get Sherwood as manager I am willing to place a bet with anybody on here that he will keep us up with games to spare.

I'd take that if/when it happens.

As much as I'd love it to go mental and us win 5 games in a row under him, I'm resigned to the Burnley game being a do or die relegation battle and it going to the last day.

I don't think we have it in us a team to go on such a run even with a new manager.

• Like 1

If we do get Sherwood as manager I am willing to place a bet with anybody on here that he will keep us up with games to spare.

I'd take that if/when it happens.

As much as I'd love it to go mental and us win 5 games in a row under him, I'm resigned to the Burnley game being a do or die relegation battle and it going to the last day.

I don't think we have it in us a team to go on such a run even with a new manager.

Sorted.

Not a lot wrong with that to be fair

My Dad's a Spurs fan and I remember that game. I'm guessing the "incredible" part comes not from anything inflammatory he said but rather from the audacity to throw his entire team under the bus just to cover himself after being completely found out tactically in that game.

Exactly. He's not that bright. Wily, but not sophisticated and not quick-thinking.

• Like 1

Have to say I'd be quite disappointed with Sherwood. I'm not one that values experience above all else (that's one of the reasons behind the McLeish appointment) but he's got so ridiculously little experience in management. I think he can keep us up in fairness but this doesn't really look like something that's going to be good in the long-term.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Have to say I'd be quite disappointed with Sherwood. I'm not one that values experience above all else (that's one of the reasons behind the McLeish appointment) but he's got so ridiculously little experience. I think he can keep us up in fairness but this doesn't really look like something that's going to be good in the long-term.

He may not even want long term. Just a quick raise.

if we are going to gamble on someone like sherwood would rather we go for someone like warburton. even we go down not his fault and at least he knows championship to help bring us back up.

I know you don't like Sherwood but surely he is better than bread!!