New manager

reykjavik

Hasn't it been mentioned, or am I just imaging things, that tactical ability is a going to be a huge factor in the employment of the manager? Don't see Sherwood fitting this myself. His employment would smack of the easy option/first-name-to-come-to-mind to me.

My Dad's a Spurs fan and I remember that game. I'm guessing the "incredible" part comes not from anything inflammatory he said but rather from the audacity to throw his entire team under the bus just to cover himself after being completely found out tactically in that game.

Fair point. Though as he rightly pointed out, they were in the game until the slip and then the penalty. They did then proceed to fall apart.

Still not quite to Paul Lambert levels of falling apart.  

They still would have been in it too if he hadn't put Sandro in central defence especially when he still had a full quota of out of position defenders on the pitch at the time. The Albion game is another that springs to mind as being pretty damning on him but I can't remember the circumstances off top of my head. Sure my Dad'll remember though.

Why would West Brom have a choice? 

It's moot anyway because Pulis wouldn't do it. 

why not? he walked out on Palace 2 days before start of season he has zero loyalty. I couldnt tolerate another gutless walkout as manager

• Like 1

Hasn't it been mentioned, or am I just imaging things, that tactical ability is a going to be a huge factor in the employment of the manager? Don't see Sherwood fitting this myself. His employment would smack of the easy option/first-name-to-come-to-mind to me.

Indeed. I think it had been strongly suggested by those closest to the club that they want a forward thinking, progressive, modern manager. One of the negatives levelled at Sherwood is that he's rather old school.

I can't get my head around why fans are so anti-Sherwood.

28 games worth of experience, never bought a player, has no experience in building a squad, and he's an absolute bellend

It's a far bigger gamble than we should be taking

He also managed to win half of those games.

the bare minimum when you inherited a team that spent 100million 6 months previous

So why couldn't AVB manage it?

because he is also a very shit manager

So, this is my first post since joining after many years of anonymous lurking. Hi everyone!

Now, as much as I enjoyed Solskjaer-gate and the various other managerial speculations, this one is turning out to be just amazingly entertaining. Pulis? Sol Campbell? Brilliantly crazy stuff, and I'm sure there is more to come.

Oh, incognito avfc just posted 8 tweets. Haven't really got the hang of the character limit thing have they :-) So there are three candidates they say, and it sounds like no appointment soon to me.

Welcome Dean! I used to live in Lichfield. Well, Fradley.

Welcome Dean, I used to live in Yardley. I still live in Yardley.

Why is Pulis even being mentioned? Practically zero chance of this happening;

He's just joined WBA - hardly look professional leaving now!

He's got them above us and moving away from relegation zone already

He has more money for transfers and wages when it come to Summer (we wouldn't afford Fletcher)

Being so new in to his job, the compensation would be very high - Lerner doesn't like expenditure!

WBA would refuse to allow him to speak to us for all above, plus relegation and local rival issues

There is zero reasons why this might happen! Nearly as fanciful as Mourinho!

If we have three candidates I fully believe likes of Sherwood and Hoddle but no way is Pulis involved in a realistic way.

• Like 1

why not? he walked out on Palace 2 days before start of season he has zero loyalty. I couldnt tolerate another gutless walkout as manager

Because it would be professional suicide.

I would gleefully accept a gutless walkout next season by a manager in a baseball cap if that manager saved us THIS year.

So, this is my first post since joining after many years of anonymous lurking. Hi everyone!

Now, as much as I enjoyed Solskjaer-gate and the various other managerial speculations, this one is turning out to be just amazingly entertaining. Pulis? Sol Campbell? Brilliantly crazy stuff, and I'm sure there is more to come.

Oh, incognito avfc just posted 8 tweets. Haven't really got the hang of the character limit thing have they :-) So there are three candidates they say, and it sounds like no appointment soon to me.

I used to live in Yardley too.

well lets be honest taking my Villa hat off, Tony Pulis if offered the Villa job will never ever get offered a bigger job in football and im sure Randy would pay him more than what he gets now

though im sure Randy will make money back when Tony goes shopping at Villa Village

• Like 1

I used to live in Yardley too.

It's not what it was 10, even 5 years ago now :/