New manager

reykjavik

Think it's going to be Klinsman.

Klinsman till the end of the season wouldn't be a surprise. Solves our problem, he still has a job to go back to at the end of it and we get to appoint a long term replacement in the summer when he goes back. Win win.

Neil Warnock till the end of season anyone? Currently unemployed and he's experienced enough, both in terms of time in management and sheer number of teams managed, to step in and organise the team without a significant bedding in period. And unlike the other 'experienced' names floating about (Hoddle, Curbishly etc.), he's actually managed in the premier league recently. Because lets be honest, no manager with any prospects is going to accept this job before the end of the season. Make it clear he's not a long term appointment but chuck in a massive cash incentive for avoiding the drop and I don't doubt he would come.

Notts County - relegated

Sheffield United - relegated

QPR - on verge of relegation before he was sacked 

Crystal Palace - on verge of relegation before he was sacked

thats his 4 top flight seasons

He's better at getting teams up than keeping them up to be fair. 

What about a manager from Belgium,

Corner the Belgium market....

How many belgian managers do you know? Doesn't seem like the ideal pool of candidates, bar one or two

Mourinho is, so is Pocchetino, and Martinez. Lambert was until Wednesday at around 8pm - to name but a few!  ;)

Look in the crowd tomorrow and see if you spot anyone

Empty seats since we're not playing tomorrow?

Smart arse.  You know what i meant. !!!!

The way Scott Marshall is talking, it sounds as if he is not sure whether he will be leading the side out (with Andy Marshall) on Sunday. 

If the fix is to be a short term one, just until the end of the season, I think we need someone who the players will look up to in terms of how that person has done in the game. Now, for most, I guess you would argue he hasn't achieved much, but, Hoddle was a class player who went on to manage England. I guess we could give him until the end of the season and then look at the future from there. Let's face it, if he keeps us up and we play some decent footie, surely most would want him kept on?

But, if new manager is to be a long term appointment, I would guess they would go for someone who is already managing a club or only recently become available. It all depends on what kind of strategy they have for the future of the club. If they want someone to build something up and develop young talent etc, I can see them going for a younger manager. Also, would Tom Fox have talked Lerner out of this pre-requisite of having Premier League experience? The last two managers of Southampton had no PL experience but it didn't do them any harm! In that case, maybe they would go for someone like Paul Clement or Remy Garde. A younger manager in other words.

I personally think they will look for someone to come in short term and keep the club up with the option of keeping them beyond the end of the season. Not sure who that will be but that's now the route I think they will take.

I have a mental picture of Hoddle showing Gabby how many keepy uppy's he can do and Gabby not having a clue what's going on.

Whilst somewhere in the background a player is doing wheelspins in a wheelchair with Eileen Drewery looking on.

Neville on Hoddle:

"One of the masseurs told me Glenn had asked the staff to walk around the pitch anti-clockwise during the game against Argentina to create positive energy. Sadly, it didn't do us much good."
  • Like 3

Sol Campbell has just said he wants the job on his Instagram account.

Yes, you've read that right. There's a number of things wrong with that.

Isn't he black? No chance...

On a serious note, I loled hard at Avram Grant ruling himself out and no quotes from Klinsmann?

Hoddle's comments on possibly taking over spurs short term a while back:

"I did have talks with Daniel Levy and the club," Hoddle said. "He wanted a little bit of advice and a bit of a sounding board for himself. "[i said) 'I am there for you if you want me to take it to the end of the season and then we will have a little look at it then, I would be prepared to do that'. "I wouldn't do it for any other club for that short period of time."

http://web.archive.org/web/20140722010940/http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/21564/9273280/glenn-hoddle-reveals-how-close-he-came-to-returning-to-tottenham-as-manager

Things might have changed, but I doubt he would be interested in a short term position. I don't think many managers would to be honest.