New manager

reykjavik

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but surely it would be a huge indicator as to what might/might not be happening this summer.

Manager until the end of season = possible sale in place.

Manager on longer contract= Randys sticking around.

4 years for Lambert?

• Like 1

For the first time since Wednesday night (I think) Sherwood's odds are drifting slightly, at least on SkyBet.

Allardyce has come in a bit from around 50/1 to 34/1, although I expect it wouldn't take much money to move him from way out there.

Edited by Mantis

More than a little worrying the voting in Birmingham mail has Klinsmann as the favourite. Dreadful, dreadful club manager. Would probably preferred Lambert to stick the course instead. Fortunately it's as likely as Klinsmann leaves his job in the US and someone on here getting the job I think.

From that statement i'm guessing you are either drunk or no nothing about Klinsmanns managerial career!

He has only ever managed one club side... Bayern Munich who he left because he had a fall out with due to ideas

Yeah, I must be drunk in not wanting a guy who couldn't win the league with the best team in a 1 team league, who got smashed in the Champions League.. A team that, following Klinsmann leaving, went on to win the League, Cup and reach the Champions League Final the following year. Worst win % as Bayern manager this millennium.

To take it a step further, the German national team has hardly collapsed since he left. His win record for the USMNT is pretty much the same as that of Arena and Bradley.

But yeah, I know nothing, must be drunk. 

Edited by kurtsimonw

to be honest prandelli may not have a perfect win percentage, but he plays good football, and I think his name carrys more weight and influence within the dressing room than the likes of sherwood would, due to what he has done career wise to date, which would give us enough lift to push up out of the relagation zone, plus he's a free agent, so no payoff to past club, but I think it would be more wether he'd want the job ...

The problem is do you get a manager for a quick turnaround in results or one for long term.

Pulis short term to keep us up would have been great at the very least he would have sorted out the set pieces.We certainly have the players if managed correctly to stay up.If we bring in someone to change too much too soon we could have problems.Look at Spurs , the first few months under Ponch they were awful.When they played us at Villa Park they were all over the place but slowly he has turned them around but it took  untill the last 10 or so games to really get them firing.With 13 games to go we can't afford that kind of settling in period.

Sherwood would keep us up.

But he's a weapon and we'd be down at the bottom next season as well.

I really don't think he would keep us up.

It's certainly up for debate.

Our personnel are better than our league position and initially, I think they'd react well to his arrogance because he'd just tell them they should be winning more. He is a coach as well, so hopefully they'd get some clear instructions on what he wants them to do.

I hate him, I don't want him, he's an arrogant, egotistical fool.

I do think he'd keep us up though.