New manager

reykjavik

I'd love to know what the new manager's brief will be.

If Lambert's was to cut wages and remain in the premier league, what will the new guy's be?

The same? Or is that wage cutting done now.

Is there any intention from Lerner of pushing on from here? Or will the new guy just be expected to keep us up until we're sold?

stay up, and steadily improve. Institute an effective playing style ( though that's pretty much a corollary of the first bit ) 

I'd love to know what the new manager's brief will be.

If Lambert's was to cut wages and remain in the premier league, what will the new guy's be?

The same? Or is that wage cutting done now.

Is there any intention from Lerner of pushing on from here? Or will the new guy just be expected to keep us up until we're sold?

It will be the same as for Lambert, stay within the wage budget with £15-20m to spend plus any player sales. Lambert has done the hard part turning around the finances.

I think you're right.

This also explains why it took so long to sack lambert.

His brief was to keep us up. They were happy until they felt there was a real danger of that not happening, which was after the Hull game.

Only at that point was he failing, in their eyes.

Reading Richards Cryptic messages

• Has Links to Arsenal
  • Will be appointed quickly (currently out of work ?)

No one springs to mind ???

Oh great, so it's George Graham

Fits the bill him being Scottish and all

Are people still kidding themselves on here that Richard knows what going on at VP?

Richard might not be 'ITK' but he does seem to have an uncanny sixth sense for what's going to happen, only yesterday he was certain that Lambert was going to leave and that's what happened.

What, you mean when he said "It will be a mutual agreement, he will not be sacked"  :D

I think it was odds on that he would be sacked yesterday or today, wasn't really hard to guess.

I have got nothing against Richard at all, just he has never got anything right about Villa (which couldn't have been easily guessed beforehand) what i have seen in the last couple of years.

• Like 1

• Has Links to Arsenal

Tony Adams

Pires  (ex villa stalwart, knows the club inside out, experienced in relegation battles)

• Has Links to Arsenal

Tony Adams

Tony Adams has links to the Gilan Holding group who were rumoured to be interested in buying us.

• Has Links to Arsenal

Remi Garde as used to play for Arsenal and Wenger rates him highly.

He left Lyon as manager and without a club

• Has Links to Arsenal

fullmonty.jpg

You've got to give them something your average ten-bob stripper dont...

• Like 1

Are people still kidding themselves on here that Richard knows what going on at VP?

Richard might not be 'ITK' but he does seem to have an uncanny sixth sense for what's going to happen, only yesterday he was certain that Lambert was going to leave and that's what happened.

What, you mean when he said "It will be a mutual agreement, he will not be sacked"  :D

I think it was odds on that he would be sacked yesterday or today, wasn't really hard to guess.

I have got nothing against Richard at all, just he has never got anything right about Villa (which couldn't have been easily guessed beforehand) what i have seen in the last couple of years.

Yep - but Richard posted 'The end is Nigh' quite early yesterday. Others were still adamant he wasn't going anywhere @ 7pm..

I don't Richard is ITK in the sense of having a source at the club - I do beleive he has a finger on every rumour - coupled with villa knowledge, enables him to make very good calls.

I certainly look out for his posts...

• Has Links to Arsenal

Remi Garde as used to play for Arsenal and Wenger rates him highly.

He left Lyon as manager and without a club

Will only take over in summer, most of his coaching staff are still with Lyon.