All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

Handball isn't really a thing in the UK, I mean, I'm aware it exists, but are the goalkeepers generally at more risk than in other sports? Is it more risky than being a test batsman?

Oh and here's a funny picture.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXf-hsgJocJ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 11.20.10.png

Good old Roy.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I mean, I'm aware it exists, but are the goalkeepers generally at more risk than in other sports? Is it more risky than being a test batsman?

Its a concussion thing. The elite players can launch what is effectivly a small football at 85 mph at point blank range. Hitting the goalie in the face gets you a red card in the Swedish league.

1 hour ago, sne said:

It really takes a special kind of personality to be a goalie in any sport, but handball is another level. At least in bandy you only come away with a couple broken fingers each week. Handball is bonkers.

You could probably count on one hand the number of people on this site who know what bandy is. I bizarrely know quite a few of the past/present US national team. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

You could probably count on one hand the number of people on this site who know what bandy is. I bizarrely know quite a few of the past/present US national team. 

Yeah it's pretty much a Sweden, Finland, Russia thing :D 

Dad used to work with a guy who was goalie for the local club at home back in the day where the goalies didn't even wear gloves. He broke his fingers on a weekly basis and his hands looked like twisted deformed twigs.

16 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah it's pretty much a Sweden, Finland, Russia thing :D 

Dad used to work with a guy who was goalie for the local club at home back in the day where the goalies didn't even wear gloves. He broke his fingers on a weekly basis and his hands looked like twisted deformed twigs.

Yeah, watched it in Sweden when I lived there and knew the Yanks. Think there's only about 2000 players in America so being internationals isn't very impressive, they still get to go to the World Cup though. 

I used to rugby and have even done front row but Id have no desire to be a bandy keeper, as that's nuts. 

• Like 2

Â