Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I thought this was on Saturday, **** SKY words removed.

That happened to me with the Spurs game the other week. I thought I could go, cus it was on the Saturday, and it turned out the words removed had moved it to the Sunday!

I thought this was on Saturday, **** SKY words removed.

That happened to me with the Spurs game the other week. I thought I could go, cus it was on the Saturday, and it turned out the words removed had moved it to the Sunday!

I wouldn't mind so much but Sunday Bus service makes me suicidal...

It's Family Fun Day at VP with things happening a few hours before kick off. 

Taking my 5 year old to his first game so will be in the family section. Never been in the Trinity stand before... Sat in all of the other three at one time or another though. 

Id like to see this team start on the weekend myself

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clarke Cissoko

Westwood Cleverley

Bacuna Grealish Agbonlahor

Benteke

Subs: Given, Herd, Lowton, Richardson, Sanchez, Nzogbia, Robinson

• Like 1

Id like to see this team start on the weekend myself

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clarke Cissoko

Westwood Cleverley

Bacuna Grealish Agbonlahor

Benteke

Subs: Given, Herd, Lowton, Richardson, Sanchez, Nzogbia, Robinson

A few people have mentioned Bacuna. I suspect he is miles away from a first team start at the moment. It will be unchanged from Tuesday other than Sanchez in for Cole and N'Zogbia in for Weimann.

Looking forward to it but this is often the sort of game we mess up and puts us on a bad run again.

0-0

At home, vs. the bottom team, with a little confidence after a plucky away win. After our little nighmare run, we now find ourselves improbably in 12th place and on a four-match unbeaten run.

Please, Paul, I'm begging you. Take the shackles off and let this team attack. We can win.

• Like 1

So often under Lambert it has been 1 step forward, one back. This should be a banker but our home form is dismal so a draw could well be on the cards, plus Leceister have been a bogey side for us.

However we are picking up some form. Unbeaten in 4. 2 clean sheets in that run. We have only conceded 2 goals in the last 4 games, and have only let in 2 goals from open play in the last 5. 

The defence is fine, we just need someone to score the goals. The answer? His name is Christian Benteke. A fit, healthy, and happy Benteke could be the factor if we have another season of struggle or a mid table finish for once.

Just a thought- if we win on Sunday, that will be 19 points in 15 games. That is about halfway to staying up with 22 games to play, and we have been largely without our 3 best players. A successful season then....

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

I think this is the probable starting XI:

Gooooz

Hutton Okore Clarke Aly

Sanchez Westwood

Clevs Gabby N'zog

Benteke

If it was me I'd be tempted to start Grealish for N'Zog, but I don't think that'll happen. What's the ETA for Senderos to be fit?

He's done well with benteke, better on the ball than bacuna

Yes he's got bags more ability than Bacuna

Pretty much everyone in the squad is better on the ball than Bacuna.