Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Have bad memories from our past games vs Leicester as they proved to be a bogey team for us. My dad is a Leicester fan and it took til my fifth time going over to see us play them til I actually saw us beat them, I even had to endure Heskey banging one in at the Holte in a 3-1 victory for Leicester and the 4-4 at Villa Park when Leicester scored 3 goals in the last 10 minutes. Despite all that I fancy us to win 4-1 today.

Have bad memories from our past games vs Leicester as they proved to be a bogey team for us. My dad is a Leicester fan and it took til my fifth time going over to see us play them til I actually saw us beat them, I even had to endure Heskey banging one in at the Holte in a 3-1 victory for Leicester and the 4-4 at Villa Park when Leicester scored 3 goals in the last 10 minutes. Despite all that I fancy us to win 4-1 today.

Yeah- the last time we played them was when they beat us at home in the league cup under MON? That was when we had a decent side and they were in the championship.

I would have:

Guzan

Hutton-Okore-Clark-Cissohko

Lowton-Sanchez-cleverly-Westwood

Gabby-Benteke

Let lowton bomb down the right and get crosses in and Cissohko can bomb down the left leaving cleverly and Westwood to keep things tight down the left side.

• The last three meetings between Aston Villa and Leicester City in all competitions have ended as away wins.
  • Aston Villa have suffered a defeat in just one of their last seven league games against the Foxes (W3 D3 L1).
  • Leicester City have scored in each of their last nine league trips to Villa Park to play Aston Villa, but they have also conceded in eight of these games.
  • The last three Premier League games between Villa and Leicester have seen 13 goals scored (4.3 per game on average).
  • Christian Benteke's goal against Crystal Palace was his first in the Premier League since March (versus Stoke).
  • Since joining Villa, Benteke has scored 30 times in the Premier League; 14 more than any of his team-mates.
  • The Villains are the only side yet to pick up a point after falling behind in the league this season.
  • Just four players have scored a Premier League goal for Aston Villa this season (J.Cole, Agbonlahor, Weimann and Benteke); a lower spread than any other side.
  • Aston Villa are the only side yet to see a single substitute score or assist a Premier League goal for them this season. 
  • Overall in their 90 Premier League games under Paul Lambert, just three goals have been scored by an Aston Villa substitute.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-leicester/winner

The last time I saw our fans as confident as this was against QPR away the other month, which is worrying. We need to get the first goal today (as in any game) to give ourselves the best chance of getting a result.

Confidence to mirror a strong attendance today?

New dug outs installed at VP today, the old wooden bench's have gone, now have those racing seats instead. Villa just uploaded the pics on Facebook and Twitter

They were needed given Lamberts aversion to making substitutions before the 75 minute mark. We can't have the lads getting splinters

• Like 1

New dug outs installed at VP today, the old wooden bench's have gone, now have those racing seats instead. Villa just uploaded the pics on Facebook and Twitter

They were needed given Lamberts aversion to making substitutions before the 75 minute mark. We can't have the lads getting splinters

Apparently they were a clause in Grealish's new contract.