Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Was it MON who rejected having those recarro seat dugouts because he didn't want players being comfortable sat on the bench?

I know times change and these dugouts are commonplace in football now, but I really liked the old fashioned style.

maybe put some spikes in the padding. 

• Like 1

It is weird that trend for 'racing seats' in dugouts that started with the recarro seats about 7ish years ago. All seems a bit American football to me, but I don't suppose it makes any real difference, I just preferred the old proper benches.

Any way, I'd love a win today, would take us to 11th I think, ahead of everton and stoke. It seems like we always give struggling teams a way back instead of capitalising on their poor form. Hopefully a couple of goals and a clean sheet though.

LQQKS like Fox and Lerner have missed a trick with a sponsorship deal with the Head and back rests 

Oh do keep up lads if we are renaming it the Holte chip shop.

Im no PR or Marketing genius but i would say after the green stuff, the bench gets the next best coverage!

Edited by Kingman

Never mind the dug - out , apparently Lerner is putting the Holte up for naming rights , how true this is , I don't know , but talk about the proverbial straw . I do know that there are still a couple of crimes you can be hanged for , and I'm sure desecration of the Holte - End is one of them . Just about to peruse my Archibald for confirmation .

Was it MON who rejected having those recarro seat dugouts because he didn't want players being comfortable sat on the bench?

I know times change and these dugouts are commonplace in football now, but I really liked the old fashioned style.

Not for me. I remember O'Neill wanted them because "players shouldn't be happy on the bench", but I'd actually prefer our players to be comfortable and happy, ready to come on and make a difference.