January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Five million for a player who will always put in a shift when it matters and who would greatly improve our chances of staying up. Yes, please. 

He's a player that works hard. And I think it's the kind of signing that would give Benteke a bit of a shake. 

• Like 2

If we do sign him for 5 mil it stinks of desperation doesn't it!

With no goals since December 20 - we are in a desperate situation....

quite true, haven't they given up on the idea of bringing Origi back?

• Like 1

for £5mil touted for Lambert not sure why we don't bid on Wassem Ben Yedder (Toulouse) or take a punt on Mark Uth (Heerenveen) (who is out of contract in summer and top scorer in Erdivisie)

Because, right now, we need someone who we know can score in the prem. He might not be as exciting but we know that he can perform in this league and we cannot risk a player who might need 10 games to start firing.

• Like 1

How long is R Lambert's contract with the Plop?

It's one of those where, if he helps us stay up, he's more than justified the fee. In an ideal world however, we should be able to do more with our £5m.

I'm guessing that this would also indicate that Kozak is a long way off returning too.

He is on a 2 year contract with Liverpool so will only have 1 year left at the end of this season. We could offer him a 2 and a half year deal which would hopefully appeal to him. As previously stated he doesn't rely on pace and we already have an abundance of pace in our team so I think he would be a good fit for our team.

If we do sign him for 5 mil it stinks of desperation doesn't it!

Good thinking, hopefully we back out and avoid looking desperate whilst we continue to be one of the worst teams in European football. What would the neighbours say?
  • Like 1

for £5mil touted for Lambert not sure why we don't bid on Wassem Ben Yedder (Toulouse) or take a punt on Mark Uth (Heerenveen) (who is out of contract in summer and top scorer in Erdivisie)

Because, right now, we need someone who we know can score in the prem. He might not be as exciting but we know that he can perform in this league and we cannot risk a player who might need 10 games to start firing.

Not joking when i would have preferred someone like Yakubu on a free until end of the season (before he went to Reading earlier) over Lambert!! He has premiership experience and has banged in goals where ever he has been! If we did buy Lambert perm shows we have learnt nothing about getting older players after one last payday on big wages..

Edited by Villan4Life

Not joking when i would have preferred someone like Yakubu on a free until end of the season (before he went to Reading earlier) over Lambert!! He has premiership experience and has banged in goals where ever he has been..

He is 87 years old though.

Not joking when i would have preferred someone like Yakubu on a free until end of the season (before he went to Reading earlier) over Lambert!! He has premiership experience and has banged in goals where ever he has been..

He is 87 years old though.

yeah i know :) but on a free until the end of the season... who cares :)