Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Still can't shake the horrible feeling we're going down. I know we're playing well and if all goes to form we'll stay up but things don't always go to plan. We could have an off day as I said before, and then if others pick up points we'll actually be in right trouble. It COULD work out that we're pretty much safe after this weekend but on the other hand we could be right in it. I hate the waiting and any time I think of it panic sets in!!! Im a negative guy so I'm not surprised I'm panicking, any reassurance would be appreciated!!!!

Still can't shake the horrible feeling we're going down. I know we're playing well and if all goes to form we'll stay up but things don't always go to plan. We could have an off day as I said before, and then if others pick up points we'll actually be in right trouble. It COULD work out that we're pretty much safe after this weekend but on the other hand we could be right in it. I hate the waiting and any time I think of it panic sets in!!! Im a negative guy so I'm not surprised I'm panicking, any reassurance would be appreciated!!!!

Wow you must have been very bad after that Hull game.

We are playing well, we are scoring goals, there are 3 poor teams who aren't either of those things plus Leicester who need to overtake us. 2 of those teams are still to play each other as well as a pick from the top sides. We have 2 home games against West Ham and Burnley plus a very winnable, IMO, away trip to Southampton to go.

Yes we could still go down, but we've been in much worse positions previously and haven't. Get behind the lads, let's do our talking on the pitch.

No more wobbles ;)

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 3

maybe you need to go for a walk or something to take your mind off football ;)

To go down we'd need three bad/off days....

We could lose to West Ham, lose to Southampton and win Burnley and we'd probably still stay up by a point or two although I'm not sure my blood pressure would welcome that!

Take a look at my post on page 26 where I break it down. You might not agree with everything on there but there might be some things you do agree with and it might give you a little more hope

We are playing well, we are scoring goals, there are 3 poor teams who aren't either of those things plus Leicester who need to overtake us. 2 of those teams are still to play each other as well as a pick from the top sides. We have 2 home games against West Ham and Burnley plus a very winnable, IMO, away trip to Southampton to go.

Yes we could still go down, but we've been in much worse positions previously and haven't. Get behind the lads, let's do our talking on the pitch.

No more wobbles ;)

Daz,

I am normally a negative/glass half empty guy absolutely petrified as well. However, I am pretty confident of success in this situation right now. Chill out... have a glass of Guinness or a shot of Ouzo or something before you watch the game or something and settle yourself in. Don't Do It Doug has called this one as is - it's how I see it too.

Up The Villa - etc.

how the hell did we lose to newcastle ffs

We were still shaking off the Lambert cobwebs at that stage. After that match we've been doing pretty alright though. Since Sherwood took over we've played:

Stoke (L)

Newcastle (L)

WBA (W)

Sunderland (W)

Swansea (L)

Man Utd (L)

QPR (D)

Spurs (W)

Man City (L)

Everton (W)

That's 13 points from a sequence of games we would probably have expected around 13 points from, being optimistic. I'll take that, particularly given the performances since the Newcastle game. Being honest, we could've won every match after that apart from Swansea and Man Utd with our performances

• Like 1

u ok?

x

how the hell did we lose to newcastle ffs

We still couldn't score back then and they had Cisse upfront.

was actually the day I realsied Benteke was on his way back. That overhead kick was the sign the monster had woke up