Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

I don't think it's mathematically possible for us to be safe by the end of tomorrow. If results go against us we could be favourites for the drop. Would be a big boost if Everton can beat Sunderland in the early game.

We win, sunderland and leicester lose, then worst situation to relegate us that could possibly happen is that sunderland need to win their last two. Not mathematical but in that scenario, we are basically safe.

We win, sunderland and leicester lose, then worst situation to relegate us that could possibly happen is that sunderland need to win their last two. Not mathematical but in that scenario, we are basically safe.

Sunderland would have 3 remaining and Leicester 2, but they would also have to play each other. Then Sunderland have Arsenal and Chelsea. Then there's Hull, and Newcastle who will also have to overtake us.

So yeah, maths aside, win tomorrow and we are "on the beach" as it were.

Think we'll see another of the teams not win a must win game tomorrow. Surely that model club european chasing Southampton won't lose to another relegation contender twice in a bleeding week.... :rolleyes: I have Leicester getting a point at best there which will have them at 35 going into Sunderland away.

I have a feeling the pressure will get to Hull and they'll only draw at home to Burnley so 35 points with Spurs away and Man. United home to come and suddenly they're in big trouble again.

Think Newcastle will draw aswell which will leave Carver sweating and talking more nonsense in his interview.

We really shouldn't mess up from here, football's a funny old game though as a wise man once said.

Edited by VillaChris

I would sleep soundly the night before if the scenario was up 3 points clear of Sunderland and having say a + 5 better goal difference.

Would mean we'd have to lose 2-0/3-0 at home to Burnley and Sunderland would have to get a win by that score away to Chelsea.

A 100-1 shot I'd imagine....