Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

If Defoe hits some form, Sunderland will be safe.

For us, I think a lot will rest on the back to back home games against Everton and WHU.  Get anything less than 3 points from those games and I think we would go down.

Sunderland aren't out of it yet, there's a lot pressure on them for the Leicester and Palace games.

Not out of it - but with 3 winnable home games and 2 good chances of away draws. I'd swap with their position any day.

Playing Burnley last could also be a complete blessing - a chance to relegate a rival whilst surviving. Would actually need to win that one so ho hum.

Judging by our nervous defence against Q.P.R., I'm not so sure needing anything from that game is a blessing!

Sunderland aren't out of it yet, there's a lot pressure on them for the Leicester and Palace games.

Not out of it - but with 3 winnable home games and 2 good chances of away draws. I'd swap with their position any day.

We've got three winnable home games and there's nothing to say we can't get anything from Southampton and Tottenham away. Plus we have the advantage of not having Arsenal and Chelsea away for our last two games of the season. I'm not sure if i'd swap.

We've got three winnable home games and there's nothing to say we can't get anything from Southampton and Tottenham away. Plus we have the advantage of not having Arsenal and Chelsea away for our last two games of the season. I'm not sure if i'd swap.

They've also got a game in hand, so I'd still swap. Arsenal and Chelsea could both be on the beach when they play them - probably will be, actually, so not the worst time to play them.

Playing Burnley last could also be a complete blessing - a chance to relegate a rival whilst surviving. Would actually need to win that one so ho hum.

Judging by our nervous defence against Q.P.R., I'm not so sure needing anything from that game is a blessing!

Quite right. But I was thinking, even if we only manage two more draws before the last day, and find ourselves in the bottom 3 - we would still be in touch with survival. As much as folks have said we won't survive till the last day, I see it as we won't actually be relegated until the last day, no matter how bad we are until then. Then it is one game of football with home advantage. For a worst case scenario that isn't so awful.

Yesterday was classic Villa. Rather than play well and winning comfortable (so everyone takes for granted we are safe) or playing badly and losing (so everyone thinks we are definitely relegated), we actually play well enough to win and then just sneak a draw. As usual, the fans are then torn between thinking we are in big trouble and still retaining moderate optimism.

I personally am gutted we didn't win yesterday, as I think that would have pretty much seen us safe, as we would have realistically only needed one more win and maybe a draw. As it is, I think we need 2 wins and 1 draw.

I wouldn't rule us getting out points from any game, and likewise don't feel confident about any game. What I will say is that I fancy us to score in every game, but if we persist with midfielders at fullback positions then we will never keep a clean sheet. However, every game we don't win piles more pressure on the next game. Losing against Spurs and City will probably see us in the bottom 3 before the final 4 games, and which stage we will probably need to win against Burnley.

Its going to be exciting and tense, and we have a very good chance of surviving. I would have taken that after the Hull game, when Lambert was leading us meekly and quietly into the Championship.

Talk of teams on the beach is naive to be honest. Even if chelsea or arsenal were on the beach they still have enough to beat this sunderland team. In fact even if they were dressed for the beach,flip flops and all, id still back them.

Our inability to beat teams of the calbre of WHU and Everton at home is why we are where we are.

So basically if we can do in those two games what has eluded us all season - we will be ok. - Hence my concern.....

I just did a prediction of all of the remaining results. I had us staying up on the last day by beating Burnley. A draw would have been enough. Defeat would mean relegation on goal difference. 

WBA 36

Villa 36

Burnley 35

Sunderland 34

Hull 33

QPR 33

Leicester 30

I don't know how to call it, i think it's right on the line personally... What concerns me greatly is the constantly changing back four which will & is making us porous at the back. 

If we can get a bit of stability back there i fancy us to survive but if not i fear for us.

think with the number of "6 pointers" left to go its still near impossible to tell how its going to go

25th April - Burnley v Leicester

9th May - Hull vs Burnley

16th May - sunderland vs leicester

24th May - villa v burnley, Leicester v QPR

ive got the bottom 3 as Leicester, Hull and QPR us finishing 16th on 34 points (draw v everton & WH, beat burnley)

Edited by villa4europe

although doesnt work that way...sadly. I see any all the bottom 6 struggling for points in next 2 games

Hull have Suthampton and Liverpool. could easily be tanked and do damage to goal difference

Even in my most optimistic dreams I can't see us needing nothing from the Burnley game.

We will have to play for the 3 points anyway, as setting up for a draw will be too risky. Prescriptions of sedatives will soar in May

I agree but I think we can get something from the Spurs and Southampton away games. I think we will beat West Ham, Everton  a draw so that will give us 33/34 pts going into our last game. So maybe we will need a draw against Burnley to stay up. 

just did predictor and have Hull, Sunderland and Leicester to go down and QPR up on goal difference. 

we finish over Newcastle by a goal and point behind West Brom and Burnley with 36 and relegated teams have 30