Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

Efes is the equivalent of Carling, over here.

Tastes like piss and gets flat very quickly. Try to buy any other lager, however, and you're paying twice the price. 

There are alternative Turkish beers, such as Bomonti or Pera but they're not often sold everywhere.

Woe is me.

WRT stuff like Carling. It's partly brand recognition. Remember Coca Cola failed a blind taste test against Pepsi back in the day (which ultimately led to the infamous changing of their recipe and subsequent re-introduction of 'classic' coke). But they won a non-blind taste test because when people saw what it was they were drinking, they liked it.  Advertising innit.

• Like 1

I don't drink coffee but I wonder about lagers. I don't believe anyone would pick Carling in a taste test yet it is massively popular.

My only theory is people that drink Carling have never tried any other lager.

It was the first drink I regularly ordered in the pub when I was old enough to get served. But I didn't know any better, it was just a drink I knew of!

I always laugh when you see someone on facebook post something like "just relaxing with a nice pint!" and the picture is a pint of Carling.

This but for Fosters. Bluegh

as a school science project my nipper did blind taste testing of colas

Pepsi and Diet Pepsi were top, coke was middling with supermarket brands, Ubuntu was last by a country mile.

Why do people come to the gym and blast their ''gangsta rap'' out of their little portable speakers and then decide to rap along.

Not only does no one else want to listen to your music, but if you can rap along you probably aren't working hard enough.

On the one day I forget my headphones aswell!

Drop a kettle bell on them?

Why do people come to the gym and blast their ''gangsta rap'' out of their little portable speakers and then decide to rap along.

:huh: I have never seen this and am very glad it doesn't seem to be a thing over here :)

:huh: I have never seen this and am very glad it doesn't seem to be a thing over here :)

One guy did it at mine.

I tried a subtle "where's that shit music coming from" within ear shot (he was small)

Another guy just told him to "turn that shit off, mate"

• Like 4

One guy did it at mine.

I tried a subtle "where's that shit music coming from" within ear shot (he was small)

Another guy just told him to "turn that shit off, mate"

I can only think that these people want others to hear their "cool" music because the sound quality is awful and headphones would be much better.

• Like 1

I don't drink coffee but I wonder about lagers. I don't believe anyone would pick Carling in a taste test yet it is massively popular.

The impression is that most of the popular brands in every sector are bland, from white bread, Nescafe, Carling, Famous Grouse whisky, to Big Macs, the blandness abounds.

My guess would be that to enjoy the full oral delight of throwing it down your neck, the last thing you want is to be distracted by flavour. :)

My only theory is people that drink Carling have never tried any other lager.

It was the first drink I regularly ordered in the pub when I was old enough to get served. But I didn't know any better, it was just a drink I knew of!

I always laugh when you see someone on facebook post something like "just relaxing with a nice pint!" and the picture is a pint of Carling.

It's a bit like Tennants over here. It's the first thing you buy when you're 10 or 11 but when you get a bit older and go to Germany you realise how shit it is.

Its simple for me, Carling is your Monday-Thursday and Sunday beer. Fridays and Saturdays you drink what you actually want unless that's Fosters, because nobody drinks that shit.

This is madness.
  • Like 4

Its simple for me, Carling is your Monday-Thursday and Sunday beer. Fridays and Saturdays you drink what you actually want unless that's Fosters, because nobody drinks that shit.

This is madness.

I wouldn't argue with a man who drinks 7 days a week though :)

This is madness.

If i may elaborate, if you are going to have a few pints after work on a Tuesday and you go to your local, what are you going to drink? Persoanlly i wouldnt be on the 5% lager so in most cases you are left with carling or fosters. Easy choice. Thats why carling is so popular i think, a lot of the time its your only option.

If you are going 5+ pints on a friday or saturday then anything is fair game obviously.

Â