Paul Lambert

limpid

Let's not give Lambert the chance to break even more records. Losing to Fulham for the first time at home in the league since 1973 was the latest beauty to add to his collection of failure.

I completely agree. From day one I'll happily admit I wanted Lambert. I thought he could rebuild us but time has proven that he's just not upto the task and with failing to do so he's damaged his own reputation.

I think the only remaining positive outcome would be for us to go our separate ways.

Never in a million yrs is two seasons enough to fix Villa. He has built a foundation - we should now build on top of that.

Let's not give Lambert the chance to break even more records. Losing to Fulham for the first time at home in the league since 1973 was the latest beauty to add to his collection of failure.

I completely agree. From day one I'll happily admit I wanted Lambert. I thought he could rebuild us but time has proven that he's just not upto the task and with failing to do so he's damaged his own reputation.

I think the only remaining positive outcome would be for us to go our separate ways.

Never in a million yrs is two seasons enough to fix Villa. He has built a foundation - we should now build on top of that.

We're getting worse. Not really a solid foundation.

higher position and think more points than this time last year means foundation is steady

more progress so far under Lambert than ever under Big Eck

If position and points is the sign of improvement I think we should wait until the end on the season.

higher position and think more points than this time last year means foundation is steady

If position and points is the sign of improvement I think we should wait until the end on the season.

of course but the way people are going on that we have had a dramatic decline this season. as if we had a decline like United are having

Isnt it only one point more compared to last season or around there? And we finished pretty strong last season, a feat i doubt we will pull off this season. We got maybe 2 matches where we got a solid chance of winning, the rest i doubt we will get any points from. I think were safe from relegation atleast in my opinion.

Not sure if id call our foundation stabile either, we dont know if benteke will come back as his old self, that injury could have an effect om the rest of his career. Okore looked full of promise but from the limited playtime he had its a bit too early to say how he is going to do. Kozzy did alright before the injury aswell, and i figure he should be able to fully recover. Theres quite a few questionmarks in my opinion in regards to our squad. Some players like Delph has played really well, but so did lowton last year.

Im not sure lambert is the man to continue this Project, maybe he deserves another year, or to christmas but if the performance is the same he should go asap. Dont renew his contract just yet

Lets put it in perspective -- He had a difficult brief when he started at the club - Make us better on the pitch with a fraction of the budget of the last three managers . Oh, and at the same time, halve the wage bill.

That's a tough brief. Seriously, who could have done a better job? 

He's done better with the money he's spent compared to the managers of the clubs below us in the league who have spent more. Progress has been made from last season, despite the wage bill reducing. 

Lets see what budget he's given this summer and the quality of the play next season.

of course but the way people are going on that we have had a dramatic decline this season. as if we had a decline like United are having

True but if we end the season where we are now and continue that rate of decline in to next season then we'll be relegated. It's a lot safer to decline from the top.

In terms of points, last season after 32 games we had 33 points, therefore this season and after a further £20m investment in the squad we are 1 point better off. Wow what great strides we are making.

Funnily enough under Big Eck after 32 games we had 35 points 1 point more than this year.

Therefore McLeish is better than Lambert if all the people that justify Lambert's reign are to be believed using their logic?

Lambert's first season:

MOIHMjh.gif

Lambert's second season (so far):

jW6jaEI.gif

Stuttering progress. But in no danger of relegation like last season.

Stuttering progress in league position.

1pt progress in points

Gone backwards in performances.

At the end of the season I'm not sure anyone will be able to claim progress with a straight face.

• Like 1

Lets put it in perspective -- He had a difficult brief when he started at the club - Make us better on the pitch with a fraction of the budget of the last three managers . Oh, and at the same time, halve the wage bill.

That's a tough brief. Seriously, who could have done a better job? 

He's done better with the money he's spent compared to the managers of the clubs below us in the league who have spent more. Progress has been made from last season, despite the wage bill reducing. 

Lets see what budget he's given this summer and the quality of the play next season.

Point of order:  the wage bill went UP!

His latest comments on Baker are baffling to say the least

I assume that he is just trying to increase Baker's confidence given that he is going to be playing every game between now and the end of the season and we need two wins to stay up. He can't possibly think Baker has played well.

In terms of points, last season after 32 games we had 33 points, therefore this season and after a further £20m investment in the squad we are 1 point better off. Wow what great strides we are making.

Funnily enough under Big Eck after 32 games we had 35 points 1 point more than this year.

Therefore McLeish is better than Lambert if all the people that justify Lambert's reign are to be believed using their logic?

Any Mcleish comparrison is moronic, It's as simple as that really. Different set of players, circumstances.

Edited by villan_007

Â