Paul Lambert

limpid

I don't think it's a good time to change managers at all. We don't want a transitional period while we're in danger of the drop. We don't want a transitional period during the first transfer window we may be able to make some good signings in. It's not the right time to remove Paul Lambert.

I would say to give him a performance review after the first 10 games of next season and see if Villa look to be achieving. 

I've asked the lambert pro support and general consensus seems to be give him til Xmas. If there's no improvement ship him out, new man in ready for the January window

Not ideal but if he doesn't go this summer this may be the best scenario if things don't improve .

I've asked the lambert pro support and general consensus seems to be give him til Xmas. If there's no improvement ship him out, new man in ready for the January window

Not ideal but if he doesn't go this summer this may be the best scenario if things don't improve .

I can't see that happening. He will either go in the summer or be here for at least another full season. There is no way he will start next season with less than a year on his contract. For me he will have either signed a new contract or be gone. FWIW I think he will have signed a new three year deal by the end of May if not sooner. If that is the case the club will not be looking to sack with in a few months even if things remain as bad as they have been.

So Lambert is on course for our lowest points haul in 44 years ? Why am I not surprised

'On course' based on what exactly?

The table

The remaining games

Current form

We're on 34 points

There are 5 games left

In our last 5 games we have won 2 games

So, taking those things into account, you could say we're 'on course' to finish on 40 points. Far from a great tally I would certainly agree, but I very much doubt it is our worst in 44 years.

Stop looking for new 'records' or 'facts' aka reasons to complain. 

Lerner would be mad to sack him 6 months into a new deal, I think that would only happen if we were doing awfully and if we are then yes he should go.

• Like 1

So Lambert is on course for our lowest points haul in 44 years ? Why am I not surprised

The table

The remaining games

Current form

We're on 34 points

There are 5 games left

So, taking those things into account, you could say we're 'on course' to finish on 40 points. Far from a great tally I would certainly agree, but I very much doubt it is our worst in 44 years.

Lerner would be mad to sack him 6 months into a new deal, I think that would only happen if we were doing awfully and if we are then yes he should go.

There are actually 6 games left not 5.

The table

The remaining games

Current form

We're on 34 points

There are 5 games left

There are actually 6 games left not 5.

Apologies, in that case even more likely that we won't end up with our worst points tally in 44 years then if we're looking at form, surely?

Our last 6 games

Crystal Palace - Away - 1

Southampton - Home - 0

Swansea - Away - 1

Hull City - Home - 1

Man City - Away - 0

Spurs - Away - 0

These are my predictions (and I think I am being generous) so if we finish the season on 37 points I think that will be enough to stay up but to be honest it will be worse than last season and that is unacceptable.

Form - we've lost 3 on the spin. Have people forgotten that conveniently .

And we won 2 games in a row before that, which you have seemingly have forgotten too. 

We didn't continue to win though, that is what happens with form you see, it changes. Do you really think we're 'on course' to lose every single one of our last 6 games?

Edited by samjp26

And we won 2 games in a row before that, which you have seemingly have forgotten too. 

We didn't continue to win though, that is what happens with form you see, it changes. Do you really think we're 'on course' to lose every single one of our last 6 games?

Next 2 yes, then 2 draws if we're lucky , then 2 more heavy losses to close off an abhorrent season .

Next 2 yes, then 2 draws if we're lucky , then 2 more heavy losses to close off an abhorrent season .

Will you promise to cheer up a bit if we win on the weekend?

Ha ha, only if "he" resigns after ;-)

Ha ha, only if "he" resigns after ;-)

So not even a win will put a smile on your face? We have no hope!

One thing that I've learned over the past few years is that it is impossible to predict Villa results yet year in year out  we get the same tedious doom and gloom predictions.  My favourite example of this happened at the tail end of the Houllier  season when the collective soothsayers of this forum predicted, with know-all certainty, zero points from Villa's final two games v Liverpool and Arsenal...*sigh*...

• Like 1

One thing that I've learned over the past few years is that it is impossible to predict Villa results yet year in year out  we get the same tedious doom and gloom predictions.  My favourite example of this happened at the tail end of the Houllier  season when the collective soothsayers of this forum predicted, with know-all certainty, zero points from Villa's final two games v Liverpool and Arsenal...*sigh*...

Well for each one of those examples there's probably 3 polar opposites . Talk me through -

21 Dec 2013 Stoke 1-2

26 Dec 2013 Palace 0-1

Â