Paul Lambert

limpid

If we finish say, 12th instead of 15th then that's progress to me, especially with the injuries we've had.

Even if we finish with less points?
Yes, for reasons I and others have already been through.
Haha shock.

There's no need to be condescending.

I don't understand how breaking club records and losing 47% of the times is acceptable. Support for managers is mad.

I don't think many people care about these records - as I said, most of them are pretty much meaningless.

I don't care about most records but this being the worst team at home in the history of the club(in the top flight) I find amazing. I never thought I would witness this in my lifetime.

If we finish say, 12th instead of 15th then that's progress to me, especially with the injuries we've had.

Even if we finish with less points?
Yes, for reasons I and others have already been through.
Haha shock.
There's no need to be condescending.

I don't understand how breaking club records and losing 47% of the times is acceptable. Support for managers is mad.

I don't think many people care about these records - as I said, most of them are pretty much meaningless.

I don't care about most records but this being the worst team at home in the history of the club(in the top flight) I find amazing. I never thought I would witness this in my lifetime.

It remains to be seen if it will be worse than McLeishs home record (19 points with 4 wins). People easily forget how bad we were that season.

It's about time someone blamed the fans for our predicament. Doesn't seem to have been done for a couple of hours.

I don't recall anyone on here ever blaming the fans for our predicament.

Performances at home were blamed on a lack of support and pressure from the stands. Since our home form has been a major contributing factor to our predicament as you call it then its safe to say the poster's point was correct.

I think there's a big difference between pointing out that negativity from the home fans has an effect and actually blaming the fans for the club's predicament - people often get the two mixed up it seems.

For me this has been an completely wasted season and i can't wait for it to be over.

I've seen little or no improvement in the way we play football, I don't think our squad is any stronger than last season or the seasons before that.

I've seen no solid development in any of the players, just patches of good games followed by patches of utter tripe. Delph for example has been quite good from time to time, but no more so than at the end of last season, rather the opposite.

Althou it's been much hailed by some the records seem to indicate we have NOT managed to lower our expenses, instead it's gone up. partly because we've not been able to remove some of the mismanaged "bomb squad".

As for the manager he still continues with pretty much the same "tactic" every single game even thou it only seems to work against the teams that don't let us borrow the ball.

I don't think he's building anything here, imo he's treading water keeping us just afloat

I really hope he doesn't get another year at the club, but im sure he will as our benevolent leader Lerner is MIA.

Mismanaged bomb squad - massively gets on my tits that comment. Not one of them deserved to be treated in any other way. Doesn't it say it all when they've been told to do one and pretty much nobody of any note in the world wanted them? and none of them have gone one to do any better. Ireland scored a goal though! only because sparky tucks him in at night.

Yes we didn't really push on at all this season, we didn't carry the back end of last season on. However, never have we had a consistent settled side this season. We've become tighter at the back (apart from the last 3 games) and this kind of stopped us having the free flowing stuff we had going.

But still for the life of me can't quite see why people expected us to be comfotably top half in the SECOND season, baffling to be honest. Was always going to be bumpy.

Season is almost over, it hasn't been a classic but it hasn't been edge of the seat thinking we're going down every week.

Summer window, full squad back, we go again.

Agree about the bold part, never got what people saw to make them think that.

To add another point that dissapointed me this season is that none of our youngsters (17-21) has gotten a sniff at PL football.

Fair enough Lambert sees them day in and day out (i don't) and doesn't feel they are good enough, I just feel it's a shame that we can't get our young players into the first team when almost every other team in the league seems able to. Whatever is wrong with our academy must be looked at because the goal must be to produce PL players for the club so that we don't have to sign squad players like Bennet, Luna, Holt, Sylla, Bowery...

Althou winning the Next Gen was a fun bonus

FWIW this is my biggest bug bear with lambert. Why the hell is he not blooding young players when he has the opportunity? Spurs were 4-1 up on Monday and gave an 18 year old his debut. They gave Kane his full debut on a winnable game. It infuriates me so much.

• Like 3

Althou winning the Next Gen was a fun bonusFWIW this is my biggest bug bear with lambert. Why the hell is he not blooding young players when he has the opportunity? Spurs were 4-1 up on Monday and gave an 18 year old his debut. They gave Kane his full debut on a winnable game. It infuriates me so much.

Answered your own question there Stefan......

• Like 1

Althou winning the Next Gen was a fun bonusFWIW this is my biggest bug bear with lambert. Why the hell is he not blooding young players when he has the opportunity? Spurs were 4-1 up on Monday and gave an 18 year old his debut. They gave Kane his full debut on a winnable game. It infuriates me so much.

We were 4-1 up against Norwich. He brought on Grant Holt...

Ding ding ding.

That isn't exactly a regular occurrence though is it?

edit: although I suppose he could have brought one of the kids on at 4-1 down against either Man U or Stoke, for all the difference it would have made....

Edited by Risso

But on the rare occasion that he's had the opportunity, he hasn't. Bloody hell I'm bashing lambert and you're now defending him. It's like you're just out for an argument ;-)

Schooled

Lolz

And it stayed 4-1.

And it stayed 4-1.

Oh yeah, my bad. It would've finished 4-4 had Robinson come on instead. Silly me.

• Like 1

But on the rare occasion that he's had the opportunity, he hasn't. Bloody hell I'm bashing lambert and you're now defending him. It's like you're just out for an argument ;-)

Schooled

Lolz

That's it, I've had my arse handed to me by Stefan so I'm going to retire.

• Like 1

Schooled

Lolz

That's it, I've had my arse handed to me by Stefan so I'm going to retire.

I think he was saying I got schooled.

Who exactly do want him to bring on ?  

If Lambert had an 18 year old whizzkid sitting on the bench - I am pretty sure he would bring him on - I don't believe we are hiding much from our youth squad.

I seem to remember everyone screaming for MON to play the youngsters, well when Clark, Albrighton, Delfonso go there chance - perhaps his reluctance was more understandable. Think we need a reality check on the expectations from our academy kids....

I think if Bin Laden had of been given more time....he could have been a decent bloke.

I'm not interested in this manager anymore I've heard enough drivel from him

I think he is just going through the motions until the inevitable happens.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

I think if Bin Laden had of been given more time....he could have been a decent bloke.

Wait you don't actually want Lambert to die, do you?

giphy.gif

Wait you don't actually want Lambert to die, do you?

giphy.gif

don't be silly, wouldn't wish that on anyone.... just making the point what are we really waiting for ........nothing is going to change.

It tickles me how another villa website has a title " not a good time to be a villan"  .....as if we are some kind of Haley's comet that comes around from time to time.

do they not get it .....Its mismanagemant on a major scale.

Thats why we are where we are, not some seasonal or annual merry go round of luck.

• Like 1

And it stayed 4-1.

Oh yeah, my bad. It would've finished 4-4 had Robinson come on instead. Silly me.

Never said that would've happened.

Â