Paul Lambert

limpid

Bit of a strange thing to assume though, surely you would rather we actually improve than hoping to win a petty argument on VillaTalk?

Nothing in that post suggests I want us not to improve does it? What an extremely odd interpretation.

Making a negative assumption about how those who want us to improve will act if we do not improve, is what I find extremely odd. We should all just be hoping the team kicks on and gets some more points on the table, we need to get behind them, instead there is this around and around again argument about whether or not Lambert should go. He isn't going anywhere, certainly not anytime soon, so lets just get on with supporting our team rather than making silly comments about fellow fans and their actions since after all we're all meant to be on here for the same reason.

Right now all that matters with Aston Villa is that we get three points this weekend, that is all we should be hoping for and all we should be willing the team to do. The improvement or no improvement debate can take place at the end of the season, things will be a lot clearer then.

'Those of us who want us to improve'? Spare me the overbearing, self-righteous, better-fan-than-you bollocks please.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

'Those of us who want us to improve'? Spare me the overbearing self-righteousness please.

Read it again and you'll be able to spare yourself.

I did read it and within it was no justification for why you came to the conclusion that I want us to lose. Just a lot of populist, better-fan-than-you, support-your-team clichés which will rack up enough likes to get the yellow star that was clearly your intention.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

'Those of us who want us to improve'? Spare me the overbearing self-righteousness please.

Read it again and you'll be able to spare yourself.

I did read it and within it was no justification for why you came to the conclusion that I want want us to lose. Just a lot of populist, better-fan-than-you, support-your-team clichés which will rack up enough likes to get the yellow star that was clearly your intention.

Read it a third time - I didn't say "those of us who want us to improve", or refer to myself in anyway - although obviously I do want us to improve.

Nothing to do any populist, better-fan-than-you, support-your-team clichés or likes of a post either mate, just sick of reading the same shit over and over again and seeing this petty 'divide' between fans on here spread throughout the entire forum now.

Oh well, just carry on as it is clearly what you want to do.

We all want us to improve, it's just that majority of people can now see that this is extremely unlikely if Lambert is allowed to continue.

I'm glad that we all want us to improve if that is the case and we should want us to improve whether it is with Lambert or not. But, being as he isn't going anywhere soon, all we can do is get behind the team and hope for the best. 

As you said yourself, the debate of improvement is one that should be put on hold until the end of the season, until then its fingers crossed that such a debate will not need to happen.

Edited by samjp26

Read it a third time - I didn't say "those of us who want us to improve", or refer to myself in anyway - although obviously I do want us to improve.

Sigh! Do I really need to do this?

Making a negative assumption about how those who want us to improve will act if we do not improve, is what I find extremely odd.

In saying so, basically claiming Lambert's supporters are the only ones who want this.

I want him out but I am willing to wait to the end of the season for this to happen. I don't want a Norwich reaction of replacing a manager with 5 games to go with someone from the youth team set up even if it was Sid.

• Like 1

Sigh! Do I really need to do this?

Making a negative assumption about how those who want us to improve will act if we do not improve, is what I find extremely odd.

In saying so, basically claiming Lambert's supporters are the only ones who want this.

I wasn't just referring to those who "support Lambert".

Here you go, I'll rephrase it to make your day:

Making a negative assumption about how those who do not agree with what Isa thinks will act if we do not improve, is what I find extremely odd.

Edited by samjp26

We all want us to improve, it's just that majority of people can now see that this is extremely unlikely if Lambert is allowed to continue.

I'm glad that we all want us to improve if that is the case and we should want us to improve whether it is with Lambert or not. But, being as he isn't going anywhere soon, all we can do is get behind the team and hope for the best. 

As you said yourself, the debate of improvement is one that should be put on hold until the end of the season, until then its fingers crossed that such a debate will not need to happen.

I do want us to improve under Lambert, but all I can see is an increasingly lengthy list of dismal performances, shit results, and our truly spectacularly bad home record.  I think we have a much better chance of improving with somebody who doesn't play such turgid anti-football, and I'd actually hate Lambert to be given decent money to spend, as I think that we'd end up with a poor man's Martin O'Neill.  Sack him at the end of a season, and bring in a manager who attempts to play proper football, and would buy the players to accomplish that.

• Like 2

I do want us to improve under Lambert, but all I can see is an increasingly lengthy list of dismal performances, shit results, and our truly spectacularly bad home record.  I think we have a much better chance of improving with somebody who doesn't play such turgid anti-football, and I'd actually hate Lambert to be given decent money to spend, as I think that we'd end up with a poor man's Martin O'Neill.  Sack him at the end of a season, and bring in a manager who attempts to play proper football, and would buy the players to accomplish that.

End of the season mate, lets give it until then and then we can reflect. Either way he won't be going anywhere though.

I wasn't just referring to those who "support Lambert".

Here you go, I'll rephrase it to make your day:

Making a negative assumption about how those who do not agree with what Isa thinks will act if we do not improve, is what I find extremely odd.

You were referring to those who I made the 'negative assumption' about. Anyway, the rephrased quote is a lot more accurate...thanks ;)

No problem, I'm glad it has made you happy :)

Seriously though, please don't assume I am posting something to try and get 'likes', I'm not a 12 year old and I genuinely feel that our energies should be together not against one another. 

• Like 2

The only thing that matters at the end of the season is your league position.

The league position is important. I'd rather finish 10th on 45 pts than 13th on 48 points

But its not an accurate measure of your improvement

It's all relative though - if you finish 10th, you're better than 10 other teams, if you finish 13th, you're only better than 7.

I agree but is finishing above those extra 3 because you improved or because they've been worse?

Its the best scenario but I don't think it proves progress.

No problem, I'm glad it has made you happy :)

Seriously though, please don't assume I am posting something to try and get 'likes', I'm not a 12 year old and I genuinely feel that our energies should be together not against one another.

Fair enough and I've liked that post to show there is no hard feelings :D

Lots of people didn't think McLeish would get the sack (including Mcleish himself) but Lerner finally saw sense.

PS. 'Like' this post for your chance to win a million quid*

*Terms and conditions apply.

• Like 1

It's about time someone blamed the fans for our predicament. Doesn't seem to have been done for a couple of hours.

I don't recall anyone on here ever blaming the fans for our predicament.

Performances at home were blamed on a lack of support and pressure from the stands. Since our home form has been a major contributing factor to our predicament as you call it then its safe to say the poster's point was correct.

• Like 1

Â