Paul Lambert

limpid

...... Is this "tippy tappy" expression a derogatory description for the expansive game that the fans of "hoofball" use to camouflage their fetish?

Is anyone really a fan of hoofball?

The ones who call pass and move football...."tippy tappy"

How do you know what I'm a fan of?? Where did I say I liked hoofball?

...... Is this "tippy tappy" expression a derogatory description for the expansive game that the fans of "hoofball" use to camouflage their fetish?

I think 'tippy tappy' is used to describe the stuff that goes nowhere.

Edited by snowychap

Not really. I don't like possession for possessions sake football, where sides just pass around their half and build up incredibly slow, for instance, I hated swansea under Rodgers, they were quite dull to me. (He's impressively adapted at Liverpool, with a quick counter style)

I'm a fan of the jurgen klopp style, or the Real Madrid counters over guardiola and barca stuff. So I don't like "tippy tappy", but I'm not a fan of hoofball at all.

• Like 1

I'd just be happy if we could string more than 4 passes together. It doesn't have to be tiki taka, just more thoughtful than smash is 60 yards to Benteke would be a start. That's villas game plan 85% of the time and it's **** shite

I'd just be happy if we could string more than 4 passes together. It doesn't have to be tiki taka, just more thoughtful than smash is 60 yards to Benteke would be a start. That's villas game plan 85% of the time and it's **** shite

Bacuna1a.gif

This move was only 3. Sorry it doesn't live up to your expectations.

• Like 4

Lambert is clueless at organising defences, luckily we have an excellent keeper and Vlaar has really stepped up this season it hasn't been too bad.

Seconded ;) Okore's injury was certainly a stroke of bad luck, but even if he was fit we would still have two right-footed defenders in him and Vlaar.

Edited by Avflife

Lambert is clueless at organising defences, luckily we have an excellent keeper and Vlaar has really stepped up this season it hasn't been too bad.

Seconded ;) Okore's injury was certainly a stroke of bad luck, but even if he was fit we would still have two right-footed defenders in him and Vlaar.

Just like Chelsea having all right footed cbs...

Seconded ;) Okore's injury was certainly a stroke of bad luck, but even if he was fit we would still have two right-footed defenders in him and Vlaar.

Like most clubs do then?

Not really. I don't like possession for possessions sake football, where sides just pass around their half and build up incredibly slow, for instance, I hated swansea under Rodgers, they were quite dull to me. (He's impressively adapted at Liverpool, with a quick counter style)

I'm a fan of the jurgen klopp style, or the Real Madrid counters over guardiola and barca stuff. So I don't like "tippy tappy", but I'm not a fan of hoofball at all.

Clip-Klopp style? Yeah, I like the sound of that...

So Lambert got blamed last season for the defence, this year we've conceded a lot less but it's just down to the players?

HIlarious, especially considering it was Lambert who signed Vlaar and, arguably, Guzan!

I wonder if, realistically, anyone is a fan of hoofball, can't say I've ever met anyone who is. Just seems to be the go-to insult for anyone who doesn't love possession-based football.

I'm a fan of results.

If we played hoofball and won every game 1-0 then I'd be wanking over MOTD every week. Shit football or not.

• Like 1

I wonder if, realistically, anyone is a fan of hoofball, can't say I've ever met anyone who is. Just seems to be the go-to insult for anyone who doesn't love possession-based football.

I'm a fan of results.

If we played hoofball and won every game 1-0 then I'd be wanking over MOTD every week. Shit football or not.

Yup only style of football worth playing is winning football

• Like 1

So Lambert got blamed last season for the defence, this year we've conceded a lot less but it's just down to the players?

HIlarious, especially considering it was Lambert who signed Vlaar and, arguably, Guzan!

We still don't look like we're capable of keeping a clean sheet when we play anyone in the top half...

2 conceded v Southampton]

2 conceded v Spurs

3 conceded v Everton

3 conceded v man united

3 conceded v Arsenal

3 conceded v Liverpool

3 conceded v Newcastle

Anyone spot a pattern? This season at least we haven't shipped a huge amount v bottom half teams but when we can start nicking a clean sheet or two against the better teams in the league like say Stoke and West Ham are capable of then I'd say yes Lambert is starting to organise a defence.

We still don't look like we're capable of keeping a clean sheet when we play anyone in the top half...

2 conceded v Southampton]

2 conceded v Spurs

3 conceded v Everton

3 conceded v man united

3 conceded v Arsenal

3 conceded v Liverpool

3 conceded v Newcastle

Anyone spot a pattern? This season at least we haven't shipped a huge amount v bottom half teams but when we can start nicking a clean sheet or two against the better teams in the league like say Stoke and West Ham are capable of then I'd say yes Lambert is starting to organise a defence.

He has improved it from last season, there is no getting away from that. Also his top summer transfer got injured which could have improved us even further.

What I get a little annoyed about especially at home is that we only seem to have one plan, hoof it to Benteke for a flick on. This is easily countered usually by sticking 2 defenders on Benteke as most teams have done this year. It was interesting in the Norwich game as they let Benteke win the knock ons and just picked up the flick on. For 20 minutes until Vlaar hit the ball onto Benteke's chest (accident or deliberate I'm not to sure).

It would be good to be comfortable in possession as sometimes a game needs periods where a side controls the play to either build up pressure or relieve pressure. Hoofing it to Benteke often leads to giving the ball straight back to the opposition.

I think ideally a good side will know when to hoof, when to counter and when to keep possession all the good teams do all three well. Our single dimension can be too easily dealt with most of the time.

• Like 1

I am sure the defence issues are being addressed and worked on and be improved by next season most definately.

This whole club needed revamped from top to bottom and all positions where never going to be in tip top shape after only 1 & 3/4 seasons of Lambert being in charge.

Let's not forget where we have came from now.

• Like 1

Â