Paul Lambert

limpid

Appalling first half and then looked better in the second half against a Championship side playing with their B team.

How many more times are you going to say that?

We won. You can only beat what's in front of you, and christ knows we've not been able to do that too often

I've said it twice, in the reactions thread and once in here.

Yes we won, but we were awful in the first half and were lucky to go in at 0-0. 

But we're in the hat for the next round. That's all that matters in the cup

Not disputing that, but we were awful for the first half playing against a Championship B team.

And we're in the next round and they arent

Appalling first half and then looked better in the second half against a Championship side playing with their B team.

We won. You can only beat what's in front of you, and christ knows we've not been able to do that too often

Yep.

I'm sure there will be a couple who will claim this is evidence Lambert is the best manager we've had in 30 years and now we've turned a corner and the future is bright.

But the reality is that all we needed to do today was get through to the next round and we have.  

Edited by DCJonah

Yep.

I'm sure there will be a couple who will claim this is evidence Lambert is the best manager we've had in 30 years and now we've turned a corner and the future is bright.

But the reality is that all we needed to do today was get through to the next round and we have.  

There won't be.  There'll be plenty saying it's more proof that he's shit, though.

Outplayed for quite of lot of that game and carved open several times, this against a Championship side who I'm told made 8 changes.

Gil really is the only shinning light with decent performances from Weimann, Okore and Clark. The rest were putrid.

Outplayed and carved open? don't talk bollocks.

Wow, I'm sure some people are happier on here when we lose. This result doesn't make Lambert the best manager in the world, it might make him a little bit better than what a lot thought on here though. So what if we had a little bit of luck, we've had **** all all season, our new signing scored a wonder goal on his full debut. No one is expecting us to race up the league but maybe, just maybe this might give the team a little bit of confidence for the rest of the season.

• Like 4

might make him a little bit better than what a lot thought on here though.

I think the opposite.  Part of the defence for poor performances and awful results has been that we can't realistically expect much better due to financial restrictions placed upon him.  I think regardless of those restrictions we have a team that could and should be doing a hell of a lot better than we have.  Second half today and moments in a few other games have shown the squad of players is capable of much more.

I'm desperate to win the FA cup. I've always wanted it. Always.

2000 broke my heart.

If Lambert could win us the cup, it'd mean so much to me. Unfortunately I've just got used to losing, it's hard to think something that good could happen. I can only see us losing to Bradford again, or getting to the final against Liverpool and seeing Gerrard get a hatrick to life the cup.

5 years of shit does that to you.

'We're so sorry Uncle Lambert'

Hopefully he can continute to prove the doubters wrong.

One game.

What's the crack? Are you a man of your word or not? ;)

Absolutely. Although it will be some time this evening as I haven't had my internet connected yet (just moved etc etc) I'll even let you pick the avatar ;)

• Like 1

'We're so sorry Uncle Lambert'

Hopefully he can continute to prove the doubters wrong.

One game.

What's the crack? Are you a man of your word or not? ;)

Absolutely. Although it will be some time this evening as I haven't had my internet connected yet (just moved etc etc) I'll even let you pick the avatar ;)

Legend!

I think everyone would say, we were lucky to go in 0-0 at half time. We came out and did a job in the 2nd half with a great individual, and then team goal. I for one thought we could lose heavily today, so for the moment I'm happy.

Now if we just play like Brighton, we might give Arsenal a game. :)

Relief for the team and the manager, not only for the win but also for scoring 2 goals at home.

Hopefully will instill a bit of confidence and also give Lambert a bit of clarity in terms of who is up for the scrap. If he can find the right selection, formation and combination of players in the middle of the park between Gil, Delph, Sanchez, Westwood, Cleverley, Grealish and Weimann, then we may have some hope.

Thought Clark made a better captain than Gabby ever has done so it will be interesting to see what Lambert does in regards to bringing Agbag back for the Arsenal game.

Let's hope this time we actually do 'go again'.

Credit where credits due changing the shape at halftime made a big difference. Bournemouth are a very good side high in confidence and may have shaded the 1st half but going to a normal 433 2nd half killed them off. If we can get Benteke playing we will start winning a few league games. We are still desperate for a natural winger though so I hope we can get one before the end of the window. Delphs resigning is a strange one bearing in mind Lambert said it wasn't financial thing just a football decision! Does he know something we don't?

I love that the few who have backed Lambert finally have something to cheer about

He delivered what was expected of him today nothing to get carried away with  we were only playing the Bournemouth reserves

The scoreline was a bit flattering on our behalf tbh and we were lucky to go in at half time at 0 - 0

You almost sound annoyed that we won

It was more out of sarcasm than anything

It's no different to some of the excuses after some of the woeful performances i've seen this season

A 2 - 0 cup win against a team we should be beating anyway is not going to win me over and convince Lambert is good enough

Consistancy is everything something Lambert has never shown since he's been here

• Like 1

I love that the few who have backed Lambert finally have something to cheer about

He delivered what was expected of him today nothing to get carried away with  we were only playing the Bournemouth reserves

The scoreline was a bit flattering on our behalf tbh and we were lucky to go in at half time at 0 - 0

You almost sound annoyed that we won

It was more out of sarcasm than anything

It's no different to some of the excuses after some of the woeful performances i've seen this season

A 2 - 0 cup win against a team we should be beating anyway is not going to win me over and convince Lambert is good enough

Consistancy is everything something Lambert has never shown since he's been here

How about a 2-1 win?

Â