Paul Lambert

limpid

So will I getting tedious with all this pro and anti talk. I'm gonna put all my energy shouting and getting behind the team tomorrow rather than into a keyboard. If we win won't go overboard nor if we lose. Let's hope we win and get some confidence. The players are much better than their performances of late. We should let the shackles off. Rather lose playing good football than lose with a whimper.

• Like 2

Let me help: If you're a manager of a Premier League club you don't preside over four cup exits to lower league opponents in three seasons unless you're an incompetent fool. Apparently.

Fixed.
Seems we've only been knocked out to Bradford. Memory wipe complete.

If you consider the Bradford tie as 2 games, Lambert has won one more game against lower league opposition that he's lost at Villa. If you count it as one loss its bang even.

I hope the manager and team don't think like some of our supporters do. Rather than looking at Chelsea and Man City going out as giving a justifiable reason for us losing to Bournemouth I see it now as a massive opportunity for us. If I was the manager I would be more determined than ever to ensure we go through tomorrow. We get through tomorrow and we are in the last 16 and realistically there are only two teams you would really want to avoid in Arsenal and Man Utd and even though two sides have had a number of off days this season. There is a real chance to go a long way in this cup and gather some positive momentum that could be really beneficial to our league form.

Spot on.

• Like 1

I hope the manager and team don't think like some of our supporters do. Rather than looking at Chelsea and Man City going out as giving a justifiable reason for us losing to Bournemouth I see it now as a massive opportunity for us. If I was the manager I would be more determined than ever to ensure we go through tomorrow. We get through tomorrow and we are in the last 16 and realistically there are only two teams you would really want to avoid in Arsenal and Man Utd and even though two sides have had a number of off days this season. There is a real chance to go a long way in this cup and gather some positive momentum that could be really beneficial to our league form.

Agree mate -need some positivity we have a chance - let's grab the opportunity.
  • Like 2

I hope the manager and team don't think like some of our supporters do. Rather than looking at Chelsea and Man City going out as giving a justifiable reason for us losing to Bournemouth I see it now as a massive opportunity for us. If I was the manager I would be more determined than ever to ensure we go through tomorrow. We get through tomorrow and we are in the last 16 and realistically there are only two teams you would really want to avoid in Arsenal and Man Utd and even those two sides have had a number of off days this season. There is a real chance to go a long way in this cup and gather some positive momentum that could be really beneficial to our league form.

It's possible to use reason to explain previous results and also be positive about future games. For one, I'm glad they don't think like some of our other supporters that seem convinced we've lost the game already
  • Like 1

We won't win. To win requires scoring a goal. Maybe we can hold out for two 0-0s and go for penalties.

Agree ....the very best we can hope for is one goal....that probably wont be enough. I'm going to predict a 1-1.

I Actually think the wheels are coming off now, no assistant manager, player squabbles in public, ex players criticising Lambert...a few more bad results and I believe he will go. Lerner always takes the easy option..i think we are close to tipping point, where standing by Lambert actually becomes more troublesome than sacking him.

That said Tom Fox inspires zero confidence of having a finger on the pulse.

Â