Paul Lambert

limpid

I have traveled to games from South Wales and now i don't because its not worth it to see my club in the state its in now!  I have supported them since 1969 and been there for all the ups and downs, but now it seems that the club cannot be bothered with us the FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Keeping his head? Its really helping isn't it.

Feels more like denial and delusion

Exactly.....

After all we dominated the game yesterday according to Lambert. I was there and we categorically did not dominate

I was there too and thought we dominated the second period after the changes. He is on borrowed time so has nothing to lose, cut the crap and get on the offensive!

We are Aston Villa!

Exactly.....

After all we dominated the game yesterday according to Lambert. I was there and we categorically did not dominate

I was there too and thought we dominated the second period after the changes. He is on borrowed time so has nothing to lose, cut the crap and get on the offensive!

We are Aston Villa!

I'm telling you now, he won't do what you want. It has been 3 seasons and he has not taken the shackles off for a sustained period of time once. Not once. It's not in his repertoire.

Dominating for 10 minutes once every few games is as good as it gets. It will be a miracle if we stay up this time.

Its hard, we either support Lambert through the hard times i.e, now, the board thinks we are happy and he probably never goes. Or we protest and boo, then we at least have a chance he will be sacked.

I know we need to support the team, but it comes with the negative that Lambert will continue and then how long do we actually support this until enough is really enough, cause for me the stats show its gone much to far already.

• Like 1

Exactly.....

We are Aston Villa!

I'm telling you now, he won't do what you want. It has been 3 seasons and he has not taken the shackles off for a sustained period of time once. Not once. It's not in his repertoire.

Dominating for 10 minutes once every few games is as good as it gets. It will be a miracle if we stay up this time.

We did dominate for 20 minutes max yeah, but then Rogers reacted and changed it round a bit, which nullified our attack and helped them score that 2nd goal. Lambert looked baffled as to why that happened. I saw it coming.

In terms of the number of goals scored per game I believe we have the lowest ratio in the 7 English divisions and the major leagues in Europe.

Another record to add to his one gained yesterday vs Liverpool (first time we've lost to them 4 times on the trot at home).

Enough is enough - he has to go!

As much as I want Lambert out aswell an issue here is this

I'm sure there are still some people who are using the "I don't think anyone could do better in the circumstances" excuse, which is frankly defeatist drivel. I'd take anyone as manger over Lambert now. Just to win a game or score a couple of goals would be classed as a significant step forward from the dire football we are currently witnessing. The fans have been wonderfully forgiving towards Lambert and his failings but surely time is now running out. We need to act so someone can come in, steady the ship and move us forward.

We were saying this at the end of McLeish season "there's no one else who could do a worse job than this." Well we signed a bloke who on the face of it did a brilliant job at Norwich and after two years of relegation battles we're now scoring even less than a McLeish team which is frankly incredible.

If their is a worse manager out there, this board will probably appoint him.

Ha I can understand people being Pissed off and wanting Lambert gone but I think all the hate and protests would be better directed towards Randy Lerner, he really does get away with murder from the majority of fans. So let's say he sacks Lambert and gets in a replacement who is given the same budget and we are struggling still. Does the new manager have to take all the hate and protests then or does Lerner finally get what he deserves from the fans?

I have traveled to games from South Wales and now i don't because its not worth it to see my club in the state its in now!  I have supported them since 1969 and been there for all the ups and downs, but now it seems that the club cannot be bothered with us the FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We definately need to get rid of Lambert.  But Lerner is probably main problem, he has the money.

with current board we are doomed, and will end in bottom three. Maybe the worst think that could happen is keep this board and end as 17th.

Lambert out and Lerner out;

...all we need is a fresh start

Lerner doesn't care what you think as long as you are still buying a ticket.

You can't get a refund on season tickets now either. Money is in the bank. Your noises are futile.

They reckon there was 39k their yesterday. We know even season ticket holders aren't turning up now and if you looked around I think at the very least they were at least 5k short of that figure.

As much as I want Lambert out aswell an issue here is this

I'm sure there are still some people who are using the "I don't think anyone could do better in the circumstances" excuse, which is frankly defeatist drivel. I'd take anyone as manger over Lambert now. Just to win a game or score a couple of goals would be classed as a significant step forward from the dire football we are currently witnessing. The fans have been wonderfully forgiving towards Lambert and his failings but surely time is now running out. We need to act so someone can come in, steady the ship and move us forward.

We were saying this at the end of McLeish season "there's no one else who could do a worse job than this." Well we signed a bloke who on the face of it did a brilliant job at Norwich and after two years of relegation battles we're now scoring even less than a McLeish team which is frankly incredible.

If their is a worse manager out there, this board will probably appoint him.

Ha I can understand people being Pissed off and wanting Lambert gone but I think all the hate and protests would be better directed towards Randy Lerner, he really does get away with murder from the majority of fans. So let's say he sacks Lambert and gets in a replacement who is given the same budget and we are struggling still. Does the new manager have to take all the hate and protests then or does Lerner finally get what he deserves from the fans?

We definately need to get rid of Lambert.  But Lerner is probably main problem, he has the money.

with current board we are doomed, and will end in bottom three. Maybe the worst think that could happen is keep this board and end as 17th.

Lambert out and Lerner out;

...all we need is a fresh start

For me its coming to a point where im thinking, if Lerner even threw in 20 million this transfer window, would it really make a difference. We have a Striker on the field worth maybe 25-30 million on form and we are struggling. Okore looks much more his worth, so does Sanchez. We have now Carlos Gil who looks a quality edition.

I guess what I am trying to say is the team now looks decent enough to be scoring goals an making midtable regardless of the limited funds we have. Gil may be only 4 million but if he hits the ground running an for the little we have seen, it maybe like having a 15 million midfielder. 

Over these next few games, difficult or not, we need to start seeing goals, this looks a great team, if Lambert can't turn it around surely its a little pressure off Lerner and more onto Lambert,

Edited by foreveryoung

Lerner doesn't care what you think as long as you are still buying a ticket.

You can't get a refund on season tickets now either. Money is in the bank. Your noises are futile.

They reckon there was 39k their yesterday. We know even season ticket holders aren't turning up now and if you looked around I think at the very least they were at least 5k short of that figure.

It doesn't matter whether season ticket holders turn up or not, they've already paid. 39k is a good number of tickets sold.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

NEWS ALERT!!!!!

According to reports on the web Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert was found by his wife in bed in a compromising position with four Aston Villa players last night!! The players have been named as Tom Cleverley, Gabby Agbonlahore, Fabian Delph and Keiran Richardson!! It was also reported by an eye witness that Fabian Delph was very upset as he is on the verge of going to Liverpool FC and that Brendan Rodgers no longer has a nose for him now its been up Mr Lamberts bum!!!!!

Is this meant to be funny? :/

I know that was so lame

So 15 shots at goal yesterday (more than Liverpool's) is all Lambert's fault?

And the players are they devoid of blame then; still all Lambert's fault they are drawing blanks?

He's had 98 pl games and you seem to focus on one aspect of one of them. That's not very sound logic. And yes in the whole, our atrocious attacking play has a lot yo do with the formation, tactics and what ever it is the attacking unit are coached or work on in training.

• Like 1

Seems harsh, but even if he turned it round now, could anyone forgive him, as the majority of his tenure here will always be remembered as one of the worst in the history of Aston Villa. He will always have that cloud over him now, so for me even if he turned it around it will be very difficult for him to get the respect back off the majority of the fans surely.

Not that this will ever happen  :P

Â