Paul Lambert

limpid

Lambert's statement almost made me cry, it was like something out of a movie. I really hope the club addresses all this General Krulak nonsence tomorrow.

Jesus christ... he's a manager who was awful for us. It's not like he's dying and has given his farewell speech. He's been a complete failure and got sacked. I'm so happy he's gone.

I agree with what Krulak said, the football was dire, win, lose or draw it's been horrific every year Lambert has been in charge. 

Tried his best, but is a terrible football manager. 

It was one of the graceful and dignified things I've ever read and everyone should learn it of by heart and recite to themselves when they're feeling down about the world and life.

I can understand the agreeing with Krulak that the football was dire but Lambert was working on that. But I wouldn't take too much notice of what Krulak say's at least not in this instance. I'm pretty sure that Lerner contradicted most of what he's meant to have said to the Sun, in one of his statements where he admitted that Lambert has been asked to work in very trying conditions.

I think people might be in for a shock if they think a new Manager is going to do much better than Lambert in similar conditions.

• Like 2

General Krulak is a clueless old ****

The immortal words. "imagine what this guy could do with a chairman who backed him." in regards to Mcleish.

Having clowns like Krulak who knew absolute **** all about football is the reason we are in this mess. Sycophantic.

• Like 1

I can't involved with this adolescent, sentimental gushing over a statement. I'd wager money that it was written for him by someone within the LMA.

He probably wrote/dictated a few words and then then a spokesman/PA/media relations officer padded it out.

And what a great guy who loves the club that he is by asking to be sacked instead of just walking and not taking his pay out.

• Like 1

I can't involved with this adolescent, sentimental gushing over a statement. I'd wager money that it was written for him by someone within the LMA.

He probably wrote/dictated a few words and then then a spokesman/PA/media relations officer padded it out.

And what a great guy who loves the club that he is by asking to be sacked instead of just walking and not taking his pay out.

We cant' all be great, honourable guys such as yourself and walk away from a multi million pound contract.

Its getting a bit murky now. Krulaks comments suggest it wasn't all love and hugs between Lerner and Lambert and talk of Lambert wanting to leave but refusing to walk out is awful if true.

Please just give yourself (and everyone else) a break

• Like 3

Look, being sacked over the phone can't be nice, but when the owner and CEO are 4000 miles away there's hardly any alternative. He needed to go and there was no point wasting time on getting a replacement in

What was the CEO doing 4000 miles away if they thought there was a possibility that they'd have to bin their employee #1 after tuesday's game?

Apparently he was at the Hull game. So I'd imagine he jetted straight off to the States to plead with Lerner to finally sack him. It would explain the unusual timing of the confirmation - i.e. 8pm here.

I would say he was as shocked and appalled as everybody else by the performance that if he had to look Lambert straight in the face he might have punched him for wasting his time :P

• Like 1

As I read the statement, The Scottish accent in my head soon morphed into a slow delberate softer than a fabric-softener voice a la Gordon Taylor.

I bet the LMA said "Paul, would you like us to compose a bye-bye letter to be appealing to potential new employers?"

General C Fukak is the human equivolent of a Mass-murderers last Turd as the jolt from the electric chair loosens his body muscles.

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 2

Its getting a bit murky now. Krulaks comments suggest it wasn't all love and hugs between Lerner and Lambert and talk of Lambert wanting to leave but refusing to walk out is awful if true.

Get off your high horse. Would you walk away from a multi million pound contract?

Some people on this board are laughable.

Laughable like calling a professional footballer who's probably sub 12% body fat a fat ****!? That laughable or different?

Did you see the size of his arse last week?

He is fat, fatter than me, but that is an entirely different situation.

I have never said he should walk away from his contract,and anybody who sits here and say they would is lying.

It sounds as though he wanted his contact mutually terminated last summer. Why on earth that didn't happen is anybody's guess. His heart clearly wasn't in it, when a manager stops backing himself then it's already too late.

The new contract too! Crazy. Another £2m mistake by Lerner.

• Like 3

Please just give yourself (and everyone else) a break

Haha yes OK.

Get off your high horse. Would you walk away from a multi million pound contract?

Some people on this board are laughable.

If I was a millionaire and a club that I respected was heading down, I'd like to think my responsibility to tens of thousands of fans would lead me to walk if my heart wasn't in it.

I'm not surprised by your post, some always seemed to care more about Lambert's well being than the club they claimed to support.

• Like 1

Â