By myself
Anymore
Oh
All by myself
Don't wanna live
I never, never, never
Needed anyone

• Like 1

His heart was always in the right place and had incredible self belief and confidence in his ability, very admirable really. It's shame it didn't work out but this is 100% the right decision.

IMO, there's nothing admirable about having confidence in his ability, when he didn't have any ability.

I'm not sure how, after sitting through countless "the lads were fantastic, we go again" interviews after appalling performances, people can feel bad for him and think he's a nice bloke.

He's a charlatan, and he should be ashamed of himself when he looks back at the last 2 and a half years.

I'm not sure how saying "the lads were fantastic, we go again" makes him not a nice bloke?  No need to hate him, it didn't work out.

Right step taken by the club for a change!

He will make a very good scout or director of football for sure as Pangloss mentioned above. He can really pick a player for quite small prices. However, to be a manager his tactic and motivational skills are not up to scratch by a long way.

Im glad to see him gone as otherwise it would have been a one way ticket to the championship, but would also like to wish him the best of his luck in the future. 

Edited by Avfc96

Can't say I like Paul Lambert, because I didn't know him, but I suspect I could have done had I have known him.

Don't really respect him, because he should have walked if he any any dignity....sure the owner kept him poor but maybe he should have said so, when he had some credibility..

For me the training ground is where he lost it....and his lack of decisiveness in dealing with players during a game.

It is one thing leaving players out ( passive) if they are not doing what you want when they are playing bloody hook them.....that sends a message to the rest, don't F*** with me.

He pussy footed IMO

Edited by TRO

Mixed emotions for me. He had to go but I get no satisfaction from someone getting the sack. He had lost the plot at AVFC but I hope he picks himself and gets his act together elsewhere.

Now we wait with some trepidation on who they now appoint. Given Lerner's past record I am worried.

Klinsmann and Sherwood are early favourites with the bookies.

I hope to **** it isn't Sherwood - cannot stand the clearing in the woods.

• Like 2

Not going to stoop to throwing childish insults at him, but Paul's time had been up for a while.  Last night was the final straw for many.  Those involved have made the right call.    

The man did no harm on purpose, I believe he gave us what he could.  It didn't work out.  Rest up, Paul, you need it.

• Like 1

In terms of a squad of players he's left good foundations for the next guy to work with.

Not really, alot of our players are overrated in here.

I agree that some of our player are overrated but given the budget he had to work with I'd still say he did well to get the players he has done. Hopefully the new guy can get the best out of them.

Strange feeling on this one. I wanted him gone, I am glad he has gone but I so badly wanted him to do well here and I genuinely liked him that I do feel sad about how it has all turned out. I had such high hopes for us under him and think he has left behind a good squad so for that and for always bigging up this club I thank him and genuinely wish him well in the future.

this is my feelings too mark. Well put.

+1 for me Mark.  After last night he had to go.  I don't feel anywhere near the elation as when TSM was sacked, feel sad that it hasn't worked out.  After wacthing a series of managers struggle now I wonder whether the Manager makes any difference.

Agree, he does seem to have an eye for a player.  Reckon he will be managing a club in Championship play off next season, hopefully not at our expense!!

Given this is the news the majority wanted are we gonna pack out Villa Park for the next two weekends, and beyond?! Clearly aimed at those that were so anti Lambert...and staying away!

Edited by Mammoth10

Strange feeling on this one. I wanted him gone, I am glad he has gone but I so badly wanted him to do well here and I genuinely liked him that I do feel sad about how it has all turned out. I had such high hopes for us under him and think he has left behind a good squad so for that and for always bigging up this club I thank him and genuinely wish him well in the future.

this is my feelings too mark. Well put.

Correct. People who think Lambert getting the boot will change anything are sadly mistaken. This club has been brought to its knees by one man and im surprised we have stayed up as long as we have. Until we are shot of him we are going nowhere but downwards.

Â