Paul Lambert

limpid

Well its another loss, i understand it was Chelsea but it doesnt really make it feel much better. There were positives but i think thats a missed chance to get something, they were poor and we've let Ivanovic rocket it in like hes bloody Aguero or something.

Get Cleverley and Gabby out of the team and play like we did for a lot of today and we should get a few wins, we've all said similar before though i guess.

Play like we did for a lot of today.. like when Cleverley and Gabby were on the pitch?

Oh yes the old ridiculous logic that if you play well that means that nobody on the team could have played badly. Gabby and Cleverley are both useless, offer absolutely nothing to the team. Wants to drop Benteke for bad form but those two get a free ride every week? To add insult to injury Gabby is the captain :D

That guy couldn't run a piss up in a brewery let alone lead a team on the pitch.

I like Lambert and want him to be Villa manager for a bit longer. I enjoyed watching Villa today. I like the Villa team he has put together, and I don't want a Tim Sherwood or any of his peers to come in and start throwing their weight around. I think Lambert is going to get it right.

There I said it.

Don't agree but I would love you too be right.

Perhaps another way to look at it is what could a better manager do with the team he has put together which on paper could be OK.

Speaking as a realist, Much to late for subs yet again, bringing Cole on at 80, just shows he was happy at 2-1 Cole never has any impact late on. Should have prioritised a striker after Gil, wasted his time with R Lambert. Leicester game needs to be won for the wrong reasons (don't wanna do a Bloose), if we lose against Hull its close to curtains.

Lambert needs to stop saying in his interviews he thought we were excellent??

Is you speaking as a realist any different from you speaking as you usually do? Can you outline for me the qualities of a realist that you think you demonstrate here?

I make opinion to what I see on the pitch and from the results. I don't make opinion through my personal feelings of Lambert.

I see the love is growing again after a half decent performance though a 2-1 loss.

In the same sentence as calling yourself a realist you also said that bringing on Cole so late showed he was happy with 2-1. A realist generally knows the actual reason things occur, you do not.

Don't use your defense of Lambert to critcize other fans. there is no need to analyze peoples opinions all the time when you blatently know where we are coming from.

Lets get today in perspective, we lost less badly than we thought we were going to.....but we still lost and it does not make Lambert a better manager.

Well no doubt he would have been accused of being a worse manager had we lost by more though.

Very true.

Don't use your defense of Lambert to critcize other fans. there is no need to analyze peoples opinions all the time when you blatently know where we are coming from.

Honestly, most of the time I have literally no idea where you are coming from and the same goes for your first comment. You have no idea at all of Lambert's reasoning for making the substitutions that he did, when he did, so why pretend that you do? 

We played reasonably well today but like others have said, it all counts for nothing if we don't get a result against Hull.

Speaking as a realist, Much to late for subs yet again, bringing Cole on at 80, just shows he was happy at 2-1 Cole never has any impact late on. Should have prioritised a striker after Gil, wasted his time with R Lambert. Leicester game needs to be won for the wrong reasons (don't wanna do a Bloose), if we lose against Hull its close to curtains.

Is you speaking as a realist any different from you speaking as you usually do? Can you outline for me the qualities of a realist that you think you demonstrate here?

I make opinion to what I see on the pitch and from the results. I don't make opinion through my personal feelings of Lambert.

I see the love is growing again after a half decent performance though a 2-1 loss.

In the same sentence as calling yourself a realist you also said that bringing on Cole so late showed he was happy with 2-1. A realist generally knows the actual reason things occur, you do not.

Don't use words that have meaning, and that you think both sound good and inject your opinion with greater legitimacy, without representing their meaning when constructing the rest of your post. You were not being a realist in that post. You were presenting your opinion. You just may have taken a bigger deep breath before you posted it, but that doesn't make it any more representative of reality.

Honestly, most of the time I have literally no idea where you are coming from and the same goes for your first comment. You have no idea at all of Lambert's reasoning for making the substitutions that he did, when he did, so why pretend that you do? 

We played reasonably well today but like others have said, it all counts for nothing if we don't get a result against Hull.

I agree chap. All I am saying is he always bring subs on to late for me, Always at around 70 or later and they have zero impact on the play. A little earlier might help, who knows.

Don't use words that have meaning, and that you think both sound good and inject your opinion with greater legitimacy, without representing their meaning when constructing the rest of your post. You were not being a realist in that post. You were presenting your opinion. You just may have taken a bigger deep breath before you posted it, but that doesn't make it any more representative of reality.

Zzzzzzzzzz...............

I thought we played well today especially given the standard of the opposition. However we are not judging the manager on one game. That is now 12 points from 60. I also heard on the radio on the way back form the game that it was Lamberts 100th league game in charge and we have won just 25 and lost 49. I'd be surprised if any manager has ever had such an atrocious record after 100 games at this or another club because by now he'd have been sacked.

Clearly he will still be in charge on Tuesday against Hull and I just pray that can be the start of him improving on his diabolical record as if it isn't that could be a fatal blow to the players confidence and one we won't recover from.

• Like 3

Well that was much better when compared to last week but my view hasn't shifted one bit. Way too little too late.

Anyone else notice the pattern of better performances against better opposition? It's almost like he revels in being the little underdog but can't motivate solid showings against those around us.

Edited by Billy_Moo

Today for me was virtually the same as against Liverpool. We seem to be content to try to get to half time without losing shape then have a go after half time then tail off and lose. Admittedly against 2 top four we have for 15-20 min or so we have looked very lively and should have scored more we now need to play like that for 90 min against all the teams coming up. My worry is we don't look confident when the games there to be won and we seem to end games very flat. Gil looks a brilliant bit of business as much as Cleverley looks awful I just hope there isnt a clause that he has to play. Our last good result in the league was against Man Utd no guesses who never played!!

:crylaugh:

Ok mate :)

Â