Paul Lambert

limpid

It wasn't a joke. No one is better qualified than the man who knows the players and has led them to safety twice before.

You could also look at it as:

'No one is better qualified than the man who knows the players and has led them into a relegation battle twice before'.

A relegation battle that he won.

Well **** me, a mid table team wins a relegation battle. Why were they down there? And why is it that the more the squad improves, the worse the results get?

Who said we were a mid table team? The reason they were down there, is down to the money Lambert has been given to spend.

The more he spends, the worse we get. Time for a new plan from him again, isn't it? Does he like or hate stats this week?

There has been some completely deluded and idiotic comments in the last few pages over peoples defence of our clueless and out of depth manager.It's genuinely mind boggling how some(thankfully it's only one or two now) still have their head in the sand and are in complete denial over our managers many,many failings.If we continue with Paul Lambert for the rest of this Season,then in my opinion,we are heading for relegation.

Classic example
  • Like 2

Oh my god, the goalposts have really moved now. Give him 5/6 games in the Championship and if we are struggling bring in someone new.

You couldn't make this up!

You can't just pick bits of the post you need to take it all into context.

Actually I can. If we are in the Championship next season then Lambert should not be anywhere near this club.

So in your opinion Lambert is the ONLY reason why we are struggling?

I'm sure someone said on Sunday the defence of him would start midweek. Excellent prediction by whoever made that.

Great post, really good.

(Where's the defence by the way?)

Edited by bobzy

Oh my god, the goalposts have really moved now. Give him 5/6 games in the Championship and if we are struggling bring in someone new.

Actually I can. If we are in the Championship next season then Lambert should not be anywhere near this club.

Right now? Yes.

He's the only reason we are absolutely awful and have been for the last 19 games. Lerner is the reason we won't be challenging the top 6 but its Lambert's fault we've picked up 12 points from 19 games and are on pace to beat the premier league goal scoring record (lack of)

• Like 3

When I think about it our squad has been getting better VERRRRY slowly, If we can survive until summer and the last of the high earners and dead wood get of the books I think we will be in quite a good position. We have a decent spine, a Good DM (Sanchez), although needs to improve passing. Quite good CB's, we get a younger "Vlaar" and we are sorted. a good left back (Cissokho), needs good back up. A good right back in Hutton (Might need to get good back up if Lowton goes). Decent Centre (Box to box), Delph, Westwood, we need one more quality one at least. Attack wise we have Sinclair (looks good), Gil, Gabby, Weimann, Benteke, Kozak.

so in the summer I say get:

DM - 7 mill?

CB -  5 mill?

AM/Winger - 8 mill?

I think we get those quality additions and get them settled into a playing style and we will look much better. 

With a new manager you mean, yes??

I've been relatively supportive of him until now, seems like a genuine guy, however, sadly i may have to agree with you.

Not the only reason but the main reason.

As I stated many pages back, he buys the players, he trains the players, he selects the team, he selects the tactics, he gives the pre match talk, he gives the half time talk, he makes the substitutions so therefore he is responsible for things that happen on match day.

Dress it up anyway you like but you can't shift the blame to Lerner or the players for every single game in which we have lost and/or failed to score and the constant relegation battles that we have to endure.

• Like 1

Right now? Yes.

He's the only reason we are absolutely awful and have been for the last 19 games. Lerner is the reason we won't be challenging the top 6 but its Lambert's fault we've picked up 12 points from 19 games and are on pace to beat the premier league goal scoring record (lack of)

Players now have no effect on games? :o

I'm sorry to have to say this, but to a degree we are getting what we deserve in a kinda way....said as a group not us as individuals.

Question .... would any of the top teams be getting our gates if they were playing like us?

If we turn up, we are condoning it ( as a group) so its hardly surprising that Jounalists who have never shown any interest in us will suddenly be concerned with Villa's demise.

They could be thinking the majority of fans don't care ( i.e they turn up) why should we....perfectly reasonable thought to me.

I go down to Villa Park on the odd occasion now and I still live in the city, thats how it has affected me...I still love the club, hate the football and all what it stands for.....just glad other folk keep my club alive....sorry for being so selfish.

Edited by TRO

I'm sure someone said on Sunday the defence of him would start midweek. Excellent prediction by whoever made that.

Great post, really good.

Not really in the mood for the usual back and forth. It seems to me there are people who still back him to do well, want him to have more time and defend what's been poor. You've got useless almost proud for lambert that we've managed to stay in the league and another poster even said give him the first few games if we get relegated.

Chelsea aside, I think we need to give Lambert Hull, Leicester and Stoke to show that things can change. Obviously if we lose all of those games it's going to be difficult for him to continue....

...and for us to stay up.  That's the point.

Not really. Are you expecting the sides below us to start racking up wins all of a sudden? Do you not think their supporters think they're going down too? We have a reasonable run-in and 12 games is 36 points to play for. You can't tell me on the one hand that a new manager would make a massive difference and on the other that they wouldn't be able to keep us up if they came in with a third of the season to play. 

Er, I was responding to your post in which you mooted the idea of each of those teams winning against us!  If that happens and we've lost against Chelsea, that would be 10 games in a row without a win and we'd almost certainly be in the bottom 3.

Chelsea next - we already know how many points we will be getting from that game.

Then we have a couple of winnable matches. March is looking like a good month at the moment. If they go completely tits up then maybe it will be time to change. Depending on where we are I guess.

Great post, really good.

Not really in the mood for the usual back and forth. It seems to me there are people who still back him to do well, want him to have more time and defend what's been poor. You've got useless almost proud for lambert that we've managed to stay in the league and another poster even said give him the first few games if we get relegated.

I think there's people saying they like him/wouldn't sack him.  Not sure that's a defence, though.  Everyone is in complete agreement that we're currently terrible.

Just don't understand the need to post shit like "I'm sure someone said on Sunday the defence of him would start midweek. Excellent prediction by whoever made that."  - especially when it hasn't even happened.  What are you trying to prove?

Â