Paul Lambert

limpid

If we lose and don't score against Hull, Lambert has to go. Any other outcome he deserves another week. But if we lose to Hull, relegation becomes a probability, not just a possibility.

Actually, if we roll over again to Chelsea, he should be sacked. 

Lerner isn't sacking a man a few short months into a new contract, in a period of belt tightening, who buys into the financial restrictions and has been instrumental in sorting things financially and keeping things ticking over.

As said, he's not going anywhere.

Quite. Shame about his record on the footballing side of things, though.

Richard Keys is laying into Lambert on BeIn Sports, saying that interview could've been given after any game in the last 12 weeks. He says if the manager's message is constantly just to keep going, then how is anything going to change.

Spot on. A few pundits have been saying the same this weekend.

What else can Lambert say? How do you react to defeats? 

He's experienced in losing now, maybe that is part of the problem. I don't think he can do the job mentally.

Exactly! An when the media turn , which they are, he is half way out the door.

I can think of plenty of examples of managers that have had the media spotlight on them for ages and still carried on.

I want to cry I want him sacked so bad. Just **** off for **** sake. He is absolutely killing this club. Lerner obviously takes a lot of blame for our current situation but the way lambert is managing the team has gone beyond inexcusable. He needs to leave and he needs to leave now. Absolutely no one would be worse, including McLeish. We can't **** score for **** sake.

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

How about being **** honest and not treating fans like a bunch of thick clearings in the woods with soundbites that say and mean **** all.

How about saying he recognises that the club and the team have been under performing?

How about acknowledging that the team is in ANOTHER relegation battle?

How about accepting that his leadership has not not been as good as should be?

• Like 3

Richard Keys is laying into Lambert on BeIn Sports, saying that interview could've been given after any game in the last 12 weeks. He says if the manager's message is constantly just to keep going, then how is anything going to change.

I've done a poor job of conveying Keys' point. He's saying the interview sounds the same, the performance is largely the same. The lack of goals is the same and the results are largely the same.

Is it therefore fair to assume that the messages given to the players are largely the same, week-in, week-out as nothing seems to change. There's little evidence of anything new being transmitted from the training ground to the pitch.

• Like 1

In all the years i have watched Villa I have never know a manager survive such an appalling set of performance statistics.....but there again in all the years i have watched the team, I have never know a manager be measured on anything else but football criteria.

I think the football pundits are as equally baffled.

Signing players: 8/10

Managing them: 2/10

We here that he is good in the transfer market, but that has not manifested its way on to the pitch.

despite the signings nothing has changed in terms of better results in 3 years, changes happen and its same old,same old,same old.

He's experienced in losing now, maybe that is part of the problem. I don't think he can do the job mentally.

I can think of plenty of examples of managers that have had the media spotlight on them for ages and still carried on.

Go on then?

How many times do we have to say WDFAFC's before we see a different type of corner?

We see a lot of the same things week after week. 

That can be shit throw-ins, a static midfield, passing across the back only for the ball to end up with Guzan, who'll punt it out of play. 

• Like 1

Did you ever listen to Martinez @ Wigan.... despite losing every week his explanations were analytical and articulate....in fact i thought he was going for the title.

Our bloke is harder to understand than Kenny Dalglish.....maybe its engineered, so he don't have to explain.

I hate Man Utd, but really respect Louis Van Gall. He is so open and honest in his press conferences and interviews.

He will say when the team were not good enough and when a player needs to step up his game, not simply "They were excellent"

• Like 1

I think you make a really good point there.....I too think he is mentally shattered in footballing terms.

Edited by TRO

Lerner isn't sacking a man a few short months into a new contract, in a period of belt tightening, who buys into the financial restrictions and has been instrumental in sorting things financially and keeping things ticking over.

And this is where the major problem lies. As bad as we are doing, it is obvious that Paul Lambert wants us to do better, he doesn't want us to lose and I'm sure he doesn't want to be setting these awful records. However, Randy Lerner seemingly does not care how well we do, hence why Lambert will not be sacked any time soon - everything revolves around finance at our club right now. Sadly it will lead us to ruin, in fact it is obvious that it already is.

How about being **** honest and not treating fans like a bunch of thick clearings in the woods with soundbites that say and mean **** all.

How about saying he recognises that the club and the team have been under performing?

No manager in the world will admit to those things. 

Indeed.

Don't get me wrong, I wholeheartedly believe he should go as he's proving himself to be completely awful to new levels as ever game goes by.

But he won't be sacked.

After breaking so many unwanted records, which includes biggest defeat in the premier league era and lowest goals scored/most conceded amongst others? Which managers are they?

• Like 1

Lambert's supporters won't change their mind after that - they seem to revel in the fact that they support him no matter what and play up to the crowd on here.

Can't see any of that here to be fair

Wait until Wednesday. His defenses are always posted most heavily at the diametric furthest point in the week from us actually playing. 

• Like 4

No manager in the world will admit to those things. 

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/30/roberto-martinez-everton-battle-relegation

:D

• Like 3

Â