Paul Lambert

limpid

Great convo.

I think I've dominated this conversation!

Ahahaha. Very good. Now, how about letting me know what it was I've said that seems so silly to you.

Yawning at my post! 

Its a bit like saying **** to your momma!

This is worse than McLeish.

We'll get steadily worse under each successive manager unless there's investment. The one thing we've got going for us is Lambert's eye for a good transfer deal.

total myth. How many players has he signed and how many have improved the club.

Glad you asked that:

Guzan

Vlaar

Senderos

Okore

Cissokho

Sanchez

Gil

Benteke

Plus a lot of squad players who cost very little money and can do a job, e.g. Westwood, Bacuna, Lowton, Kozak

It may be that Lambert could use the advice of a good, experienced assistant manager when it comes to formations and tactics, but his improvement to the squad on the budget he's had is actually heroic.

It can't be that much of an improvement if we are worse off.

Great convo.

Ahahaha. Very good. Now, how about letting me know what it was I've said that seems so silly to you.

Yawning at my post! 

Ok, but it was a terribly yawny post. I'm sure mum wouldn't mind.

• Like 1

I'm still not quite sure what we were doing second half yesterday. Gil came on and turned the game for 10-15 minutes or so, in which we should have scored, then it all went stale again before Liverpool scored.

Looked like another Bradford formation of sending three up front and hoping for the best without any sort of plan.

I've completely lost faith in the manager to provide any sort of set up that will get us playing well for any length of time. The selection in the first half was absolutely atrocious and to keep asking Cissokho and Hutton to provide the width in the team is ridiculous.

If you attended the game and chose not to protest, yet are still screaming for Lambert to go, you don't really have grounds to complain.

Errr,,,was there a protest against Lambert then? 

I'm not sure how we define protests nowadays, if by packing the ground out with barely any empty seats from the start of the match then yes there was a protest...

Great convo.

Yawning at my post! 

Ok, but it was a terribly yawny post. I'm sure mum wouldn't mind.

Why because its a fact? 

Video evidence of Lambert saying we dominated the game  :wacko:

http://www1.skysport...h/313597/report

Have a listen, Will give you something to Yawn about!

Paul Lambert 28 December:

"Things have gone against us in the last third, there’s been good goalkeeping. But if the lads keep creating chances they will go in."

No. of league goals since 28 December:

Paul Lambert 17 January:

"If we keep doing what we’re doing the goals will come."

:bang:  :bang:

• Like 3

If you attended the game and chose not to protest, yet are still screaming for Lambert to go, you don't really have grounds to complain.

You turned up and did what was asked, you stood by the players and manager and supported them again...look where it got us. Another defeat, another goalless game, another performance riddled with errors and another terrible performance (in the main part).

There were a few positives that will paper over the cracks in the eyes of the club...they don't need to take any action, why should they, the majority of people still turned up to support, so they can't be that bothered.

When/if we do finally get a win, it will set the 'Lambert Pressure Guage' back to zero, which will just be putting off the inevitable as we will probably have another awful run a few games later.

The club is dying, Lambert will take us down.

LambertOut! But it won't happen, not now, not before the end of the season, probably not even then...regardless of the league we end up in.

The planned protest was against Lerner yesterday, not Lambert, wasn't it? So what are you talking about?

Also, supporting the eleven players on the pitch (hoping to inspire them to win, or even score) is different to supporting the manager.

No doubt you were at the game yesterday? And no doubt you were one of the fans getting on the players' and manager's back, during the game, when we still had a chance to get an equaliser.

A protest against Lerner, because he shows no care for the club, by continuing to employ a poor manager...but yeah, nothing to do with Lambert...

No, I wasn't at the game and no, I haven't been since September last year, simply because I've wasted a huge amount of money watching absolute crap for the last 4 years. I'm not going to follow out of blind faith...the club has been detached from what the fans want for a while now, so I don't feel the loyalty towards the club like I used to.

The club know they will always have support so don't care what we think.

I swear people deliberately look for the negatives.  We really weren't that bad against Liverpool!

First half was certainly a mix of us being poor and Liverpool's movement being very good up top but, after the break, the tables got pretty much turned upside down.  It doesn't mean that Lambert should be afforded any more time - I'm not saying that - but not every single defeat is a case of "we were terrible".  Against Leicester, sure.  Against Liverpool?  I thought that second half, and especially the introduction of Gil, were very promising.

Before the break: Liverpool scored one.

After the break: Liverpool scored one.

Which tables are you referring to?

As for me - I am done with "promising". Especially when "promising" dismisses the fact that we went 60 minutes with 8 defensive players on the pitch. At home. Against a poor defensive side and an awful keeper.

We played well in the second half (straight from the off as well, not after 60 minutes) and should've scored.  Liverpool were much the better side in the first half.  Those are the (**** obvious) tables that were turned.

Coupled with this, Gil looks like he'll be a good player for us, we had 15 shots during the game which is probably a high this season (?) and actually created about 5 or 6 really good chances. It's promising for going forward; irrespective of manager.

I don't understand what people gain from being constantly negative about the team they support.  It's bizarre.  Why would you want to actively look for the negatives?  This wasn't a performance like we had against Blackpool or Leicester - this was a much better performance.  Still a defeat, still no goals, but a much better performance.

(Also, lol at Liverpool being a "poor defensive side".)

"Things have gone against us in the last third, there’s been good goalkeeping. But if the lads keep creating chances they will go in."

Paul Lambert 17 January:

So what you're saying is that we need to stop creating chances to score goals?  :detect:

• Like 2

It doesn't mean anything, the guy doesn't like the media side of things, he's just giving them soundbites.

You can give soundbites without sounding clueless AND by saying the team have not been good enough. 

I just don't think he's very good with the media to be honest, he was the same at Norwich.

Whether goals come or not, whether his cheap purchases sell for a profit, whether he's been denied funds, nothing matters but the statistics that we have only scored 11 league goals this season and have only 12 points from the last 52 available.

Our football is mostly poor and Lambert does not appear to have a clue as to how to turn it around. It doesn't matter who we all have as our first choice to replace him, any of us could get that team of players scoring goals and playing more enjoyable football. Those players aren't as bad as he's getting them them to look.

Without any doubts at all, it is time for Lerner to show some balls and sack him before he finds himself advertising a Championship football club. If by some miracle it isn't this season we go down, the inevitable will happen soon.

• Like 1

It doesn't mean anything, the guy doesn't like the media side of things, he's just giving them soundbites.

You can give soundbites without sounding clueless AND by saying the team have not been good enough. 

I just don't think he's very good with the media to be honest, he was the same at Norwich.

Maybe he belongs in the football league.

Paul Lambert 17 January:

Don't stop believin

Â