Paul Lambert

limpid

If you want to make your point then just dont go to VP and part with your hard earned cash to watch us fail to score again, dont take a bed sheet or a crappy banner, they are embarrassing, small time and never work anyway.

Oohh, careful. You might be accused of being an "arrogant big time fan" with talk like that...

We were a counter attacking team which worked sometimes.

We now keep hold of the ball which by its very nature means we dont he on the counter and we dont have players who can play that killer ball. 

I wonder why we are struggling to score?

Maybe we can get Wenger and Arsenal can get Lambert it would be a fair trade I reckon. 

I think I'd rather have Lambert at this stage in their respective careers. I'm still clinging to the hope that Lambert will turn out to be a brilliant but misunderstood genius and retire from a long and successful career as our manager aged 97.

I really have read everything now.  Lambert is a tactical buffoon, and I'd rather have Wenger at the age of 125 than that mumbling incompetent Lambert at any stage of his career. 

If you want to make your point then just dont go to VP and part with your hard earned cash to watch us fail to score again, dont take a bed sheet or a crappy banner, they are embarrassing, small time and never work anyway.

Oohh, careful. You might be accused of being an "arrogant big time fan" with talk like that...

ooh, someone is bitter.  :D

Maybe we can get Wenger and Arsenal can get Lambert it would be a fair trade I reckon. 

I think I'd rather have Lambert at this stage in their respective careers. I'm still clinging to the hope that Lambert will turn out to be a brilliant but misunderstood genius and retire from a long and successful career as our manager aged 97.

I really have read everything now.  Lambert is a tactical buffoon, and I'd rather have Wenger at the age of 125 than that mumbling incompetent Lambert at any stage of his career. 

Maybe we should ask him if he's interested in taking the job then.

For what it’s worth I sincerely hope that Paul Lambert ‘comes good’, and that we’ll all be able to look back on this period and realise that it was all part of a grand plan that we mere fans weren't able to see at the time, but……. whenever I hear a manager complaining that fans negatively affect the team by voicing their disapproval it makes me realise just how great the divide is between them and the fans. Because what they are saying is that fans should accept turning up every week / other week to watch unimaginative dross and not complain about it, totally ignoring the affects this has on the supporters. It‘s easy to believe that Lambert has never been an ‘ordinary’ supporter of a football club – never had to turn up at school / work on a Monday after yet another embarrassing, humiliating defeat, with no defence to the caustic comments of school or work mates – even worse when they sympathise. But give Lambert his due. One of the primary objectives of any team manager worth his salt is to convince his team that no matter what their shortcomings, his team are capable of beating any other team they play. Whilst Lambert hasn't managed this with Villa, he has managed to convince 19 other Premier League sides that no matter what their shortcomings, they are more than capable of beating Villa – and I'm not certain I should limit this to Premiership sides either. I bet Bournemouth supporters are looking forward to their trip.

Every true Villa fan wants Lambert to succeed, but he clearly isn't going to, as there have been no signs of overall improvement since he arrived.  Yes the defence is tighter, but the midfield and attack are woeful, and as we saw with Martin O'Neill, sorting one side of the game out doesn't automatically mean that the others will then improve in due course.  When he started with us, we were told that he was a great tactician and that he could adapt to other teams in game.  The sole piece of evidence for this seemed to be one win over Swansea.  Since he's been at Villa, there has been no evidence of any coaching ability whatsoever.  From the shameful attempt to beat a League 2 club over two legs, the countless unwanted "worst of" records, to the complete inability to do anything about our current malaise.

Yes he's had a hard time working for that clown Lerner, but nobody can seriously argue that he's got the best out of what he has, at all.  He's an embarrassment to our club quite frankly.

Edited by Risso
  • Like 4

For what it’s worth I sincerely hope that Paul Lambert ‘comes good’, and that we’ll all be able to look back on this period and realise that it was all part of a grand plan that we mere fans weren't able to see at the time, but……. whenever I hear a manager complaining that fans negatively affect the team by voicing their disapproval it makes me realise just how great the divide is between them and the fans. Because what they are saying is that fans should accept turning up every week / other week to watch unimaginative dross and not complain about it, totally ignoring the affects this has on the supporters. It‘s easy to believe that Lambert has never been an ‘ordinary’ supporter of a football club – never had to turn up at school / work on a Monday after yet another embarrassing, humiliating defeat, with no defence to the caustic comments of school or work mates – even worse when they sympathise. But give Lambert his due. One of the primary objectives of any team manager worth his salt is to convince his team that no matter what their shortcomings, his team are capable of beating any other team they play. Whilst Lambert hasn't managed this with Villa, he has managed to convince 19 other Premier League sides that no matter what their shortcomings, they are more than capable of beating Villa – and I'm not certain I should limit this to Premiership sides either. I bet Bournemouth supporters are looking forward to their trip.

Every true Villa fan wants Lambert to succeed, but he clearly isn't going to, as there have been no signs of overall improvement since he arrived.  Yes the defence is tighter, but the midfield and attack are woeful, and as we saw with Martin O'Neill, sorting one side of the game out doesn't automatically mean that the others will then improve in due course.  When he started with us, we were told that he was a great tactician and that he could adapt to other teams in game.  The sole piece of evidence for this seemed to be one win over Swansea.  Since he's been at Villa, there has been no evidence of any coaching ability whatsoever.  From the shameful attempt to beat a League 2 club over two legs, the countless unwanted "worst of" records, to the complete inability to do anything about our current malaise.

Yes he's had a hard time working for that clown Lerner, but nobody can seriously argue that he's got the best out of what he has, at all.  He's an embarrassment to our club quite frankly.

What about the victories in Liverpool? - putting Gabby on Gerrard so he can't influence the game.

Don't try and convince people of facts that aren't true, you could have put a caveat to cover your back by saying "imo", but you're trying to give the impression of what you said is fact, which it isn't.  

In fact, none of us know what he tells the players before, during or after the game.

He's not doing well, the players aren't doing well, the crowd are unhappy and what doesn't help is your overly aggressive tone in your posts which gets peoples' - like mine - backs up. 

• Like 1

What about the victories in Liverpool? - putting Gabby on Gerrard so he can't influence the game.

Don't try and convince people of facts that aren't true, you could have put a caveat to cover your back by saying "imo", but you're trying to give the impression of what you said is fact, which it isn't.  

In fact, none of us know what he tells the players before, during or after the game.

He's not doing well, the players aren't doing well, the crowd are unhappy and what doesn't help is your overly aggressive tone in your posts which gets peoples' - like mine - backs up. 

I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, so please feel free to ignore my posts if you wish.  Although do please be aware that I honestly couldn't give a toss whether it gets your back up or not.

• Like 1

Do people have to revert to sticking IMO in every post?

Of course it's his opinion.

As this is mine........................

IMO

Is the response I expected, this is a forum, I'm not going to ignore anyone regardless of if I find their views ignorant, crass or just plain silly.  It's their choice.

You know full well how abrasive you're being and whilst it may make you feel better, your actions DO have an affect on other people, whether you like it or not.

Is the response I expected, this is a forum, I'm not going to ignore anyone regardless of if I find their views ignorant, crass or just plain silly.  It's their choice.

You know full well how abrasive you're being and whilst it may make you feel better, your actions DO have an affect on other people, whether you like it or not.

Abrasive?  What on earth are you talking about?  It's hardly like having a negative view of Lambert's ability is out of kilter with 99% of people on here. 

Do people have to revert to sticking IMO in every post?

Of course it's his opinion.

As this is mine........................

IMO

No you don't have to put IMO in every post, but if you're presenting facts that are wrong, you can use it as a get out, rather than just being plain wrong :)

We have to persevere with Lambert, because as long as Lerner is in ownership we won't be sacking him unless we are mired in the bottom 3. Once we accept that we can focus on what is key for this club. New ownership. It has to be sold this summer. Period

• Like 1

We have to persevere with Lambert, because as long as Lerner is in ownership we won't be sacking him unless we are mired in the bottom 3. Once we accept that we can focus on what is key for this club. New ownership. It has to be sold this summer. Period

By that token, don't we also have to accept Lerner as owner, because it doesn't look like he'll be going anywhere, any time soon.

• Like 1

We were a counter attacking team which worked sometimes.

We now keep hold of the ball which by its very nature means we dont he on the counter and we dont have players who can play that killer ball. 

I wonder why we are struggling to score?

Well the idea, at least in teams where it works, is that you draw them out with consistent possession as they get more frustrated and want the ball back. Then with your intelligent and speedy movement you overload the space created by drawing the opposition out of position and hey presto create chances by creating 2 on 1s to get past defenders to get a shot off.

I think it's the intelligent and speedy movement part that is letting us down. The keeping the ball bit appears to be working though.

Â