Paul Lambert

limpid

A petition?

**** hell. So small time.

Don't add your name to it then.

It's for people that want to add their name to it. No need to ridicule someone that cares enough to try to do something about a situation rather than sitting on their backside and letting the mess unfold before their eyes.

I didn't create the petition but over 2000 people have added their name to it so it can't be as 'small time' as you have decided to label it.

I won't, obviously.

I'm not ridiculing anyone. I just think it's smalltime.

Some people like music after goals. Good for them, but its **** small time.

Some people want singing areas at the ground. That's fine but it's small time.

If some people want to sign a petition then great. Good for them. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Its **** small time and it makes me cringe.

You seem to be under the illusion that Villa are 'big time'. I've got some bad news for you, we are not and haven't been for a few years and won't be again for quite some while and I think you might find it difficult to find any other fan of a PL team, other than other deluded Villa fans, to say that we are anything other than 'small time'.
Now who's lowered their expectations?

That's not an expectation it is what I believe to be the current situation. My expectations are quite realistic and Lerner and Lambert have created this reality not me.

A petition?

It's for people that want to add their name to it. No need to ridicule someone that cares enough to try to do something about a situation rather than sitting on their backside and letting the mess unfold before their eyes.

I didn't create the petition but over 2000 people have added their name to it so it can't be as 'small time' as you have decided to label it.

I won't, obviously.

If some people want to sign a petition then great. Good for them. But that doesn't mean I have to like it. Its **** small time and it makes me cringe.

You seem to be under the illusion that Villa are 'big time'. I've got some bad news for you, we are not and haven't been for a few years and won't be again for quite some while and I think you might find it difficult to find any other fan of a PL team, other than other deluded Villa fans, to say that we are anything other than 'small time'.

That's not an expectation it is what I believe to be the current situation. My expectations are quite realistic and Lerner and Lambert have created this reality not me.
Sounds like you're happy for us to do small time things because you believe we are now small time. Maybe that is where we are but that doesn't mean I'm happy for us to do things I consider to be small time.

But you go ahead.

I suggest a scribbled on bed sheet or throwing your season ticket at the manager.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

A petition?

I won't, obviously.

Sounds like you're happy for us to do small time things because you believe we are now small time. Maybe that is where we are but that doesn't mean I'm happy for us to do things I consider to be small time.

But you go ahead.

I suggest a scribbled on bed sheet or throwing your season ticket at the manager.

What are you going to do Mr Big Time?

A petition?

I won't, obviously.

But you go ahead.

Support the team on Saturday.
  • Like 2

A petition?

I won't, obviously.

But you go ahead.

Wow, that will really tell Lambert what people think of him. So that is what 'Big Time' fans do, absolutely nothing except have a pop at fans on fans forums for trying to do something. 

Were you around in 1968 stirring up the revolution with your radical style of protest?

• Like 2

Wow, that will really tell Lambert what people think of him. So that is what 'Big Time' fans do, absolutely nothing except have a pop at fans on fans forums for trying to do something.

Were you around in 1968 stirring up the revolution with your radical style of protest?

You're the only person who has called me "big time", for a start. That makes me sound arrogant. I haven't said that.

Doing nothing? I'm going to go and support the team. How is that nothing? Just because I don't sign a petition (which about 99% of other villa fans haven't signed) makes me some sort of shit fan?

I don't want to turn this into a better fan argument. That's not what I intended. I only mentioned this because you asked what I was going to do.

I've not had a pop at anybody. I just said I thought a petition was small time. I've already said that if that's how people want to form their protest, then good for them. Its just not something I think is appropriate.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

A petition?

I won't, obviously.

But you go ahead.

You're the only person who has called me "big time", for a start. That makes me sound arrogant. I haven't said that.

Doing nothing? I'm going to go and support the team. How is that nothing? Just because I don't sign a petition (which about 99% of other villa fans haven't signed) makes me some sort of shit fan?

I don't want to turn this into a better fan argument. That's not what I intended. I only mentioned this because you asked what I was going to do.

I've not had a pop at anybody. I just said I thought a petition was small time. I've already said that if that's how people want to form their protest, then good for them. Its just not something I think is appropriate.

I think coming out and stating that a petition is 'small time' does come across as being a bit arrogant and suggesting 'scribbling on a bed sheet' or 'throwing your season ticket at the manager' could also be considered a bit arrogant.

The fact that you felt it necessary to make these comments in the first place suggests that maybe you were having a pop at people who put their names to petitions.

Just comes across that way.

I think you need to look up the word arrogant.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree.

Fair enough. But just for you  :)

arrogant
ˈarəɡ(ə)nt/
adjective

1. having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

And that doesn't apply to anything I've said.

Anyway, I'm done. Good luck with the petition, but I hope no media picks up on it.

Well you did suggest I look it up.

We will agree to disagree about whether it applies to you.

I never thought something written on a bed sheet was small time, there's always plenty of fans who wanna help you hold it. Takes some bottle and fair play to them. Worked at Newcastle, pushed Pardew well over the edge.

There was a hilarious bedsheet at the Olimpico on Totti's birthday, it said "I ruined my only bedsheet to say happy birthday!". Classic.

• Like 1

Â