Paul Lambert

limpid

I said it in the match thread and I'll say it again now: for me the telling moment of the match was when Pearson decided to go an front up to the Villa bench. Scott Marshall was arguing back, but Lambert couldn't even look Pearson in the eye - he just curled up and kept scribbling on his pad.

I don't particularly care if he's a nice guy or not - Lambert looked pathetic. When Pearson was on the touchline directing traffic and geeing his players up, Lambert was sat on he bench looking like he was about to burst into tears. Put whether or not you like him aside; can anyone say that they actually find him inspiring? Does he display any of the strength or decisiveness you look for in a leader?

Lambert out.

I agree with you, this lack of guts, strengths & decisiveness also comes across in his post match interviews. Really if i had to listen to that dull, soul destroying voice (nothing against the Scots, i am one) he would inspire me to fall asleep, zzzzzzzzzzzz

If Lambert can see about the lack of creativity then why does he do nothing tactically to help that fact?

What scares me is there are so many people on this boards who can see exactly what the issues are with the team and the way we play but we're not paid tens of thousands to manage a football club!

Appreciate knowing what the issue is and being able to fix it are two different things, but doing the same thing over and over again with same players is utterly unacceptable!

I've generally been behind him but I think this is the last straw for me. Given his funding, he has performed minor miracles to assemble a squad which is actually fairly decent but he is just incapable of getting the best out of them or organising them in a way which means we are able to win football matches consistently. For me, ultimately the blame still lies with Lerner and years of underinvestment but Lambert clearly isn't right man for the job.

• Like 2

I like Paul Lambert, I really do. I will not revert to name calling, I think it's pathetic.

But he has failed. There can't be many left that disagree?

I agree completely. I do think, for me personally, that if he was backed properly from the get go we would be in a far better possession though. Lambert is a far better manager than he is showing.

I don't think he's as good a manager as people would have you believe.

He did well at Colchester for a while and then went to Norwich and turned them around drastically. However, for me, the rest is down to momentum and familiarity. I doubt Norwich would have stated up had he been there another one or two seasons.

I do not believe that if we replace Lambert we will be able to obtain anyone that is any more capable than him or anymore capable of having the team score goals. 

We will get a caretaker. Our defense will go to shit and we will get scored on a lot more than we have been scored on in the past. We will still not score because we don't have any good offensive players. 

This result does not change a single thing. It does not confirm anything the past 4 or 5 matches did not confirm. The fundamental issues remain the same.  As does the only solution.

As long as we do not sign anyone this window barring a miracle we will go down. It doesn't matter if we have Lambert coaching or Pep **** Guardiola. 

• Like 2

I do not believe that if we replace Lambert we will be able to obtain anyone that is any more capable than him or anymore capable of having the team score goals.

We will get a caretaker. Our defense will go to shit and we will get scored on a lot more than we have been scored on in the past. We will still not score because we don't have any good offensive players.

This result does not change a single thing. It does not confirm anything the past 4 or 5 matches did not confirm. The fundamental issues remain the same. As does the only solution.

As long as we do not sign anyone this window barring a miracle we will go down. It doesn't matter if we have Lambert coaching or Pep **** Guardiola.

Sorry but that's absolute rubbish.

Seconded. Same old lame excuses.

• Like 1

People say he has made good transfers but I think i could succeed with the type of 1 in 10 players signed is half decent ratio he has.

I expect next season we'll have another load of players out on loan with little chance of making it

This result does not change a single thing. It does not confirm anything the past 4 or 5 matches did not confirm. The fundamental issues remain the same. As does the only solution.

Sorry but that's absolute rubbish.

Seconded. Same old lame excuses.

Thirded. The most jaded argument out there. 

I think even you know that is BS.

Seriously, we couldn't obtain anyone better! I am sick of hearing this total drivel.
  • Like 1

It's not stubbornness, though. He just doesn't give a toss.

Nah I disagree with that. Some of the players don't give a toss, sure. I think our crapness, his inability to turn it around, and everything he tries not working has got to him. He cares, you could tell that from how hurt he was when the chants started vs Blackpool.

Lerner isn't stubborn. But I see that's been cleared up!

Edited by ChrisVillan

I think we're going to struggle to bring in a quality replacement - we can't promise a new man a job beyond the next few months, if Lerner sells, the new owner will want his own manager and whoever we were to appoint would most likely be gone. That will leave us with an extremely limited list of candidates.

Quite frankly though, I'm prepared to take that risk - I'll take Kevin McDonald or whoever it ends up being over the football we've seen today.

• Like 2

A change is needed

1 Sack Lambert = reset

2 Caretaker appointment Scott Marshall???? Given???? Cowans????

3 Change of team section process

4 Change of tactics

5 have plan A plan B & plan C

Guzan

Hutton Okore Baker (Clark after ban) Sissohko

Sanchez

Bacuna (or Lowton) Westwood Delph (when available or Grealish)

Cole (Bacuna, Grealish or N'Zog) free role

or

Weimann up front with

Benteke

Following players to be used in emergency

Lowton (only on right wing/Midfield)

Richardson (only on Left wing/Midfield)

Gaby (impact sub)

we have a waffer thin squad

we have no reasonable cover at RB (lowton not good enough) LB (Richardson NGE) DM (Westwood/Delph not ideal) CF (Gaby/Andy NGE)

We have no RW LW No10 (Cole Not fit enough - CNZ ??? - Grealish Not yet)

We need 7 players, 3 (better?) coaches, (Def,Mid & Att) 1 new Manager, 1 Assist. Man (better?) & 1 new owner

no more injuries/suspentions please

without a few of those changes = as good as relegated

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

Â