Paul Lambert

limpid

Looking at him today, he looked very sombre on the bench and the fact he didn't make a change until the 70min suggest's to me he is fast running out of ideas of what to do. IMO he is cleary out of his depth, something which was quite evident last season and should've been addressed by the owner. Also I'm not down with the arguement that he hasn't had enough money, because for me money doesn't buy organisation, discipline, formations, tactical knowledge etc. Lambert is failing in all these departments and has done for quite a while.

IMO though, and I may get slaughtered for this from some quarters. WE the fans are partially to blame for this mess. We have been far too soft and patient with Lambert regardless of the financial situation and shouldv'e reacted far sooner to the bullshit on the pitch. If thing's do continue like this over the next couple of weeks without the fans turning on mass then unfortunately we deserve everything we get for allowing this to continue without opposing it.

I personally don't agree with slaughtering people for no reason but I am a firm believer in standing up and saying enough is enough when what I care about is mistreated/mismanaged. This time is now and should happen against Liverpool next week regardless of the consequences in the game! Lambert out before it is too late!!

• Like 1

It would be nice to see an ounce of improvement in creating chances, there's none.

It's all in the coaching. It's been drilled into the players all season to keep their shape. So there's no movement, no runners past the ball. It's really not rocket science really. If we so need to keep our shape we're better going long. But we need proper width. Get balls into the box, because nothing else is working. Time to get simple, because he hasn't a clue how to coach movement.

• Like 1

To be fair to him, he's actually assembled a decent squad/team. We should be comfortably mid-table, not looking over our shoulder.

Why does he continue with 3 holding midfielders? It should be 2 from Delph/Westwood/Cleverly/Sanchez, and then 2 from Cole/Richardson/Nzogbia/Grealish wide, and Benteke and either Gabby or Weimann up front.

I honestly don't see what he has to lose by going 4-4-2 with 2 holding midfielders rather than 3. His team selection is his downfall. The passing style we now have will be much more effective with two wide players. I feel like I've been saying this for over a year.

Before the last 6 games, I said these would determine our season, and we needed 6-9 points as minimum. What we have produced is pathetic, both in terms of points and performances. We are lucky that alot of the teams around us have drawn games or we would be further down the table. I fully expect us to be in the bottom 3 after the next 3 games, and to stay there for the rest of the season.

I've actually given up now.

I still think theres out of work managers who would jump at the chance.

Who?

Probably most out of work managers right now. Why wouldn't they? Getting premier league jobs isn't exactly an easy thing to do. A chance to get back in at this level, possibility of another year if the club isn't sold. Doesn't sound a bad deal if you're out of work currently.

I seriously don't think Lambert will be going. Lerner has proven time and again that he is a weak and never had a clue about how to run a business never mind a football club.

For better or worse, Imho we are stuck with Lambert and relegation is now a distinct possibility. The "three worse teams" theory no longer holds. We are undoubtedly one of the three worst at the moment and unless there is a miracle I could easily see us going down with QPR and Hull. On today's display Leicester were head and shoulders above us.

Even if we somehow fluke another survival the support will diminish even further as no one wants season after season of this dross. Despite all his big talk in 2006 Lerner doesn't give a damn about Villa or the fans. He will continue to just sit in his Long Island mansion counting his Dads money while AVFC rots.

Despite various problems this squad is IMO better than others around us but not with Lambert as manager. The players desperately need someone who knows what they are doing. I want Lamber gone now, but wouldn't trust Lerner to replace him or turn the club round. We are damned either way to a pretty miserable existence. That some now wish we could have got Pulis really sums up how desperate the situation is. How the mighty Villa has fallen.

**** off Lerner and Lambert!

If we can't find anyone, I would ask Brian Little to come back for the rest of the season. 

Can't see that working out at all.

Unfortunately there are quite a few examples of clubs that have sacked under-performing managers only to have their replacements come in and fare worse/the same/only marginally better. Just look at Neil Adams with Norwich or Pepe Mel with West Brom. Of course there's the flip-side of this (like Pulis with Crystal Palace) but I don't really see any stand out candidates out there. I'm even wary of the likes of Eddie Howe (not that I think he'd come here) because his profile right now is exactly the same as Lambert's 3 years ago - young, up and coming and with a reputation for attacking football.

It's all a big ****. Lambert really doesn't look up to the job and deserves pretty much all the criticism coming his way but I believe that the root of the problem is Lerner. The only thing I can see properly sorting us out is a takeover and a change of manager.

Edited by Mantis

If we can't find anyone, I would ask Brian Little to come back for the rest of the season. 

Can't see that working out at all.

Unfortunately there are quite a few examples of clubs that have sacked under-performing managers only to have their replacements come in and fare worse/the same/only marginally better. Just look at Neil Adams with Norwich or Pepe Mel with West Brom. Of course there's the flip-side of this (like Pulis with Crystal Palace) but I don't really see any stand out candidates out there. I'm even wary of the likes of Eddie Howe (not that I think he'd come here) because his profile right now is exactly the same as Lambert's 3 years ago - young, up and coming and with a reputation for attacking football.

It's all a big ****. Lambert really doesn't look up to the job and deserves pretty much all the criticism coming his way but I believe that the root of the problem is Lerner. The only thing I can see properly sorting us out is a takeover and a change of manager.

I know what you mean, and we can't forget the Brian Little lost the dressing room a bit before he left. BUT, if we need a short term appointment, it should be someone with experience and some loves the club. It could have been John Gregory if not for his heart problem.

Although as I type this, I'm thinking of when Alan Shearer took Newcastle down.

What hurt today was that Leicester were so much better than us.

he wont be sacked.. so why bother.

so what will he do next? change the style again? 

i would keep the keep ball style but change the formation. His narrow bullshit does not work. Play some wingers!!!

----------------Guzan-----------------

Hutton---Okore---Baker---Cissohko

Grealish---Sanchez--Delph--Nzogbia

----------Wiemann---Benteke---------

or at least pick proper width in that formation.

-----Sanchez-----Cole----Delph---

Grealish-------Benteke-------Nzogbia

His persistence on picking Westwood.. Cleverley AND Sanchez.. who have 2 assists between them all season is why we are not scoring. They have 0 goals to add as well.

This is not good enough. Fabregas has 13 assists. Obviously different class of player but to think 3 of our players dont even get close is concerning.

We need more options going forward.. they do not make any runs from midfield.. they are too narrow and pass the ball in little cute triangles to each other. No width until we spread it to Cissohko or Hutton who cant beat their man to get to the byline and when they are clear they cant cross.

Its quite clear what is going wrong but he still persists with the same old formation. 

Edited by KSV

Who?

Neil Warnock? Joe Kinnear?

The return of MON on a short term deal?

There's only one person I'd want here less and that's McLeish. Would never happen anyway.

• Like 2

Who?

Neil Warnock? Joe Kinnear?

The return of MON on a short term deal?

There's only one person I'd want here less and that's McLeish. Would never happen anyway.

....Bacuna and Grealish on the wings whipping crosses into Benteke..... :P Sanchez as RB!

Edited by GENTLEMAN

he wont be sacked.. so why bother.

so what will he do next? change the style again? 

i would keep the keep ball style but change the formation. His narrow bullshit does not work. Play some wingers!!!

Grealish---Sanchez--Delph--Nzogbia

----------Wiemann---Benteke---------

or at least pick proper width in that formation.

-----Sanchez-----Cole----Delph---

Grealish-------Benteke-------Nzogbia

His persistence on picking Westwood.. Cleverley AND Sanchez.. who have 2 assists between them all season is why we are not scoring. They have 0 goals to add as well.

This is not good enough. Fabregas has 13 assists. Obviously different class of player but to think 3 of our players dont even get close is concerning.

We need more options going forward.. they do not make any runs from midfield.. they are too narrow and pass the ball in little cute triangles to each other. No width until we spread it to Cissohko or Hutton who cant beat their man to get to the byline and when they are clear they cant cross.

Its quite clear what is going wrong but he still persists with the same old formation. 

Agree 100%. Don't know how Lambert can't see this.

I think Lerner needs asking one question; "Who's failing? You or Lambert?"

Everyone agrees this is a sh*t time to be a fan, everyone. So if he thinks Lambert is at fault for our position he should sack him. If he genuinely believes he has given him sufficient funds for transfers and wages then he needs sacking. However if he's pleased with the job Lambert is doing under the remit he's been given then he must back him with funds immediately. Significant funds - at least £10-15m. You can't have it both ways as this is why everyone hates it at Villa at the moment.

BACK HIM or SACK HIM.

Personally I'd back him given those choices. I hate our predicament as much as anyone and I'll lose my rag loads of times at Lambert and the players and get infuriated at the crap that I pay to watch week in, week out but when I calm down and look at the bigger picture I just know the biggest change in fortunes will come from financial input not a change in manager.

My greatest fear is Lambert is becoming an easy target and distracting from the real problem - Lerner. If Lambert goes fine, I won't cry but I won't expect significant change and all it will have done is give Lerner more restbite from the fans as he'll just use classic line new manager/ new start line.

I HATE Lerner; he's ruined my club. I may only be old enough to have known the Premiership years (first game in 93) but Ellis at least made decisions - he did back or sack. Not always correctly but I don't think he would let us get relegated, Lerner doesn't care other than for the cash. Name another club in the country where the former owner turns up to more games than the current one?!

Edited by jackbauer24
  • Like 1

Â