Paul Lambert

limpid

I can't say I understand much about football but it was so obvious today what was wrong so why he doesn't get it? Not having any midfield width both messed up our offense and made us more vulnerable in defence. I think that in certain games it's a good idea to push Hutton and Cissokho forward but this wasn't one of them. They got nowhere offensively and at the same time made it too easy for them to attack. I think 4-4-2 with Bacuna, Westwood, Sanchez & N'Zogbia, with Benteke and Weimann or Gabby up front could have been the the solution today.

Not worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

It's clearly not working, and it's clearly not going to get any better. But Lambert isn't going anywhere so it's simply not worth the wasted energy getting angry, talking about banners or anything else. Enough energy, time and money has been wasted by good people who support this club already.

I tend to try to not be too reactionary and have opposed sacking Lambert, but it's getting harder to maintain that stance after today. Seeing Blues improve after removing Clarke has made me wonder how much potential this team might have with just that change alone.

I do think we've had some decent performances whilst not winning and even a couple of unlucky results, but there was absolutely nothing to redeem todays performance.

The line up was wrong, the subs were wrong, Lambert didn't get up to shout any instructions or try to change anything and he didn't change anything at half time. The players are obviously very low in confidence and most looked somewhere between confused and afraid. There was a decent level of commitment but not enough for a team sliding down the table. We were simply setup all wrong - it was so easy for them to deal with anything we did inside their half, I had to keep reminding myself they're 20th placed newly promoted, we made them look so much better than they are.

There have been a lot of false dawns under Lamberts reign, but every time it seems like we've turned a corner we trip over our own feet.

Again, I'm generally against removing the manager unless it is absolutely necessary but I'm afraid to say that I think that we should be looking to replace Lambert ASAP..

Unfortunately I have very little faith in the board to actually do that and even less faith in them finding a replacement that will improve us.

So **** bored of this and football in general, I feel as though I should care more, but I geniunely feel I'm sat mirroring Paul's expressionless face as we slip ever closer to what seems to be an inevitable relegation.

If im being nice, he has had a good go, fair play to him, but its mostly been obvious the job was too big for him. he could have walked into a everton squad and maybe kept them where they were, but its batent the Villa job was much to big for a Championship manager to handle at the transition stage which is where we were.

To me from day one onwards, with the bomb squad issues, Karsa, keane, Lowton, loosing to bottom of the league and weak cup ties and now not being able to score goals, on paper it just looks his tenure ahs been a complete f*** up from start to hopefully soon...................FINISH!

Today he showed his true character, with all the shit going on at the end of the game. An it wasn't pretty, showed him as the soft unmotivating, clueless manager he really is.

• Like 2

Just at the cinema with a mate chatting about villa. He's a plop fan and has pretty much got it bang on by simply saying with our squad we should be playing much much much better.

I'm beginning to literally hate him. And I don't like that feeling because he doesn't deserve to be hated. He's just shit at his job.

We were duped by his good season in the prem with Norwich.

Coppell did well with reading for a year. Where is he now?

No seriously where is he because he's better than this utter utter clown.

Diabolical really, a new manager would act as a great catalyst, as this team is capable of playing and scoring but under Lambert it's not going to improve. I have been a supporter of his but this is just dreadful, and how we're 13th in the league is a miracle, that is soon going to be over after the next 3 games. He needs to go, and the whole place needs a boot up the arse!

My main reason for not wanting to get rid of lambert was because i didn't think anyone could do better with the current financial situation we find ourselves in. However, on current evidence, i think most managers could at least give us a mix of possession and getting the ball forwards. It would appear Lambert can't do this to any sort of standard and so I wouldn't be upset if he was given his marching orders.

I still don't think we will see him sacked though, what with the current contract etc, but there really doesn't seem like anyone could do a worse job at the moment.

• Like 1

He's the only person who seems to not get what is wrong game after game.

I dread to think the clueless billionaire owner will drag in next but surely he has to be better than this clown?

We're losing 1-0 away at the club bottom of the league and our manager brings on Weimann and Richardson. Why no Grealish or Robinson. To be fair, I say that without seeing the subs bench but, if available, why not give them a go?

After reading the forum for the last 4 years I finally joined last year to voice my opinions which have been ridiculed by some here.

I take no pride in critisizing people or thier opinions

However,

I take 100% pride in my opinion by saying this.

LAMBERT OUT

• Like 1

I think maybe not the majority, but some fans are finding another excuse now for him not to go, now we are losing to teams with worse players, no big transfer funds etc. An what is that excuse "Lerner will never sack him!" Ok so I will carry on my support going to games wasting my money on watching clueless football from a clueless manager, yes?

Believe this as I keep saying and that is being ignored. "It matters nothing that the turnstiles bring in pitance compared to sponsers and sky etc." If the fans don't turn up and the ones that do continue to complain and hound him out, he will be gone for certain. Ok maybe not immediately but he will be sacked. A football club needs fans in the stadium, for the money,. maybe not. But it needs support and once that starts to deplete in big numbers, action is then taken!!!!!!!!!!!

We're not as bad as this manager is making us out to be!

After our next 3-4 games, at this rate, we will be in the bottom 3.

We have a good run-in where we could potentially get 10-12 points but not with this fool in charge.

My guess is he has probably lost the dressing room, if hasn't he should have. Why oh why did we not can him and get Pulis in when we could?

Today decided me that I will give the Bournemouth game a miss. I simply, Mr Fox, don't want to give any more of my hard earned cash to the club. I stupidly spunked the thick end of a grand on renewing my two season tickets, my heart winning over my head again. No doubt Liverpool will cane us next week, then thing could get really ugly. I hope they do as the club really needs to see that the paying fans have had enough of this useless clown of a manager.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

The thing is if we stay up, then what? What will be different giving him more time and money? It's resulted in nothing so far, in fact more time and money is actually starting to make us worse.

My guess is he has probably lost the dressing room, if hasn't he should have. Why oh why did we not can him and get Pulis in when we could?

Today decided me that I will give the Bournemouth game a miss. I simply, Mr Fox, don't want to give any more of my hard earned cash to the club. I stupidly spunked the thick end of a grand on renewing my two season tickets, my heart winning over my head again. No doubt Liverpool will cane us next week, then thing could get really ugly. I hope they do as the club really needs to see that the paying fans have had enough of this useless clown of a manager.

I think the red cards are showing a loss of the dressing room.  Quite clear the players are getting frustrated with this rubbish.

• Like 1

Â