Paul Lambert

limpid

I just don't understand how anyone has faith in his ability, his completely nonsensical tactical decisions and seeming inability to read when a game needs a change has destroyed any faith I had in him.

But I guess the world would be a boring place if everyone had the same opinion.

Edited by penguin

The fact that I used "begin" suggests I feel it is a probable future outcome not that it has already happened. If I wanted to say it had already happened I would have said "and I've been abused".

However, the fact that Risso likes to come at me and says I said "Lambert was the best manager ever" is irritating!

Saying 'let the abuse begin' suggests you have a basis to believe it will, i.e. those expressing support in Lambert usually receive said abuse.

Risso's comment is a slight embellishment but obviously he means your comment that Lambert is our best manager 'in the last 30 years' which was totally baseless. When you make a comment as bold as that, you leave yourself open to it being rehashed when it turns out to be complete bollocks.

But that comment has not been rehashed.  It has been totally changed

What was the original then? I definitely remember you claiming he was our best manager in the last 30 years.

"So for me this is why Lambert is the best we have had in the last 30 years. He has dismantled, started again and is improving us."

The most amount of wrong outside of the "Confessions" thread.

I just don't understand how anyone has faith in his ability, his completely nonsensical tactical decisions and seemingly inability to read when a game needs a change has destroyed any faith I had in him.

But I guess the world would be a boring place if everyone had the same opinion.

It's probably because there have been runs of games (end of last season, beginning of this in particular) where he got things spot on.  Likewise in certain other games such as the win against Chelsea.  The baffling/frustrating thing is the complete lack of consistency or a decent "plan B" option.

However, I think it's tough enough to get all of that with a new squad straight away - let alone when you're not spending much on quality.  It looks as if he's tried to address issues as we go along, namely;

- When he joined, our problem was scoring goals - he signed Benteke

- Last season, our problem was conceeding goals - on the whole, the defence has been better this season (up until recently)

- This season, our problem has been retaining possession and creating chances - the last few games have seen improved possession but shit results

For me, this is why he should be given until Christmas/end of next season (assuming he gets some backing in the summer).  He knows what's wrong with the team and has worked with his poor squad for 2 seasons now.  Let him add to it, see if it goes well and, if it really, really doesn't, sack him around Christmas.

I don't think Paul Lambert is the greatest manager in the world but I can't think of an obvious candidate that would come to us and be MUCH better.  Added to the problems surrounding more upheaval/costs etc, I'd stick with him for the time being.

The summer is huge though, simple.

• Like 1

Lamberties need to get real. Lambert is a poor manager and that has reflected in our results, simple as that.

And there we have it folks. 'Lambertites'

No, Lamberties.

They're a new marketing gimmick - a tie with Paul Lambert's face on and a button that you can press which repeats "we go again, we go again, we go again".

Lamberties need to get real. Lambert is a poor manager and that has reflected in our results, simple as that.

What were you saying abour reading ability earlier?! ;)

• Like 1

I resent being labeled as "folks" :)

But i guess it's better than the usual "moaner" or "doom monger"

"So for me this is why Lambert is the best we have had in the last 30 years. He has dismantled, started again and is improving us."

But not the best manager ever as you had claimed I had said by putting words in my mouth.

Well actually he said 'Lamberties' which I suspect is a whole different group of people!  :D

But not the best manager ever as you had claimed I had said by putting words in my mouth.

I didn't have time to search for the exact wording of your nonsense earlier in the day.  Now I've done so, it isn't any less ridiculous.

im about 60% lambert in 40% out at present but he has been so so poor lately. his tactics and team selections have been awful

Jesus he is damn useless when he is 100% in God knows what he would be like if he were only 60% in!

I didn't have time to search for the exact wording of your nonsense earlier in the day.  

That amazes me as you've referenced it often enough

Lam.ber.tite (lăm′bə'ʌɪt)

n.

1. A person affected by Lambertitis.

2. A person content with retrograde football and ten home defeats in a season.

• Like 3

Lam.ber.tite (lăm′bə'ʌɪt)

n.

1. A person affected by Lambertitis.

2. A person content with retrograde football and ten home defeats in a season.

Have you missed some out? I am sure there are a few more descriptions in the ultimate definition.

Â