Paul Lambert

limpid

I can't see him staying if he's lost the fans. Needs something Saturday to not lose them completly.

He hasn't lost the fans. I back Lambo 100% & I am not the only poster who holds that view on VT either.

The reality is he has only lost the impatient fans & not the one's who believe in the Lambert Project & see that as the bigger picture.

Some fans have only turned recently out of frustration at having to stick with a long term project that has been derailed mainly due to the loss of our talisman Benteke.

Get over the line & many of these fans can easily be won back again.

Also, there is no shame in being wrong or frustrated because it is only due to the hurt & despair of seeing our beloved Villa languishing down amongst the dead men.

Lambert has balls & I like that.

As for the fans currently against him I would say "Don't Ball's It Up For The Rest Of Us!"

Has the fact that 'our talisman Benteke' been largely shite during his 'fit' parts of the season escaped you?

I support Lambert on Saturday, but if he needs a lift to Norwich after the game, I am his man.

I wish our other 'shit' players had scored 11 this season. Then maybe we wouldn't be in the shit.

He started the season well and then picked up an odd injury. Its clear he was rushed back as we needed him. This didn't work out and he went on a period without scoring. He then broke that and bagged a few more.

So I do t think he's been shit, maybe if you compare that to last season. But I think 11 goals in an injury hit season is a good return.

• Like 3

It's not a question of moving on, it's merely a question of acknowledging, understanding & recognising those realities.

I think you need to acknowledge the fact that Lambert is the worst manager we've had since Billy McNeill.  He's tactically inept, unable to organise or motivate his players, and never seems to have a plan B.  He's given us our worst ever result, lots of cup defeats to lower league teams, our worst ever home record, and seems intent on taking us down.  The only thing he has in his favour is that he isn't Alex McLeish, and even that isn't looking too clever right about now.

• Like 3

I was dubious about Lambert from the off and based purely on how he picked players out of position. However, you can't help but wonder how any other manager would do with the same funds and players.

If there's so many against him, why isn't there a poll of potential new managers yet?

I'm not over supportive of Lambert but I just can't think of anyone who could make us better with what we have.

Edited by villarocker

I can't see him staying if he's lost the fans. Needs something Saturday to not lose them completly.

He hasn't lost the fans. I back Lambo 100% & I am not the only poster who holds that view on VT either.

The reality is he has only lost the impatient fans & not the one's who believe in the Lambert Project & see that as the bigger picture.

Some fans have only turned recently out of frustration at having to stick with a long term project that has been derailed mainly due to the loss of our talisman Benteke.

Also, there is no shame in being wrong or frustrated because it is only due to the hurt & despair of seeing our beloved Villa languishing down amongst the dead men.

As for the fans currently against him I would say "Don't Ball's It Up For The Rest Of Us!"

'Impatient fans'

'Project'

'Bigger picture'

I thought we'd moved on from this sort of post.

It's not a question of moving on, it's merely a question of acknowledging, understanding & recognising those realities.

Just from your own point of view what did you actually think of his tactics at the weekend?

Most people in the match thread before kick off were saying playing 5 at the back against palace and 3 in midfield would ultimately let us get over run. Which is exactly what happened.

If you check that thread you ll see a large volume of people on it calling for a subscription 10-20 mins before the goal as our formation wasn't working and Palace were all over us.

This is what worries me about Lambert and has become a more prevalent point as the season has progressed. These things above are blinding obvious to us and yet he can't seem to see it. Tactically as the season has progressed he has regressed.

Wrong formations, slow to adapt or change. Baffling substitutions or substitutions which are to little and to late.

This has little to do with money for me but far more to do with his coaching ability.

The more I see of Villa lately the more I lose faith in any plan he has or even if he ever had one to begin with.

• Like 4

just don't think the holier than you attitude is called for.

Especially when the evidence suggests they're wrong.

It's not a holier than you attitude though is it. I might be completely wrong. I am in no way a better or worse fan than either of you or any other VT poster.

It is just my own considered opinion.

If I was Paul Lambert I would say to all the moaners who all profess to know better, " Show us your ******* Medals!"

Lambo is a great manager & I hope in time you both come round to my way of thinking.

If I am wrong & you guy's prove accurate in your analysis & opinion I will be the first to acknowledge this & shake your hands.

The bottom line though is don't be afraid to make mistakes & let Lambo make & learn from his.

The man who never made a mistake never done anything.

Alex McLeish was hardly short of "**** medals" either, but nobody was sticking up for him this time two years ago.  Making a mistake is fine, and you've made a huge one in your backing of Lambert.  NOTHING he has done in his time as Villa manger marks him out as a great manager, nothing whatsoever.

• Like 1

With Lambert in charge for the rest of the season I reckon we'll actually finish on LESS points than McLeish did.

How anyone, even the most ardent Lambophile can find that acceptable & want him to remain next season is an absolute mystery.

In any case, he's a dead man walking. Gone either after Southampton or after the last match in my opinion.

• Like 2

just don't think the holier than you attitude is called for.

Especially when the evidence suggests they're wrong.

In football there's a lot of unanswered questions, something's we'll never find out who's right and who's wrong, I just hope Lambert has the chance to prove people wrong. Until that point then people need to understand and respect others opinions instead of just saying 'you're wrong'.

Are you honestly still coming out with this crap? Every time I put you right, you ignore my post and 20 pages later you're still bleating on about "impatient fans" and "Project Lambert" - it's getting really, really tiresome.

Everybody knows, pro-Lambert/anti Lambert, that the Villa fanbase has been extremely patient with Paul Lambert. Will you please, please. please stop typing tosh. On Saturday he lost the away fans, notoriously the "last line of defence" for a manager and everyone knows this. Yes, sure, if we went on a 20 game winning streak now then he'd win them back because all football fans are fickle but there's more chance of you shutting up about "Project Lambert" than that happening.

If you love Lambert, and think he can take us forward, fine. But please stop calling our dedicated away following "impatient" as if your viewpoint is the majority. It's not.

• Like 2

With Lambert in charge for the rest of the season I reckon we'll actually finish on LESS points than McLeish did.

How anyone, even the most ardent Lambophile can find that acceptable & want him to remain next season is an absolute mystery.

In any case, he's a dead man walking. Gone either after Southampton or after the last match in my opinion.

So now we're being labeled?

And thanks for bringing up AM, I'm sure Lerner made him work under the same restrictions.

Lambert has not had an easy ride in terms of wages and transfer funds but the board are not responsible for Millwall, Bradford, Sheff Utd, 8-0 Chelsea, Fulham & Palace doing the double over us and the worst home form most of us have probably ever seen.

It seems easy for some people to forget how patient many Villa fans have been. If another club had seen the month we did during Christmas 2012 there would have been chants against management. 

• Like 3

'Impatient fans'

'Project'

'Bigger picture'

I thought we'd moved on from this sort of post.

Just from your own point of view what did you actually think of his tactics at the weekend?

Most people in the match thread before kick off were saying playing 5 at the back against palace and 3 in midfield would ultimately let us get over run. Which is exactly what happened.

If you check that thread you ll see a large volume of people on it calling for a subscription 10-20 mins before the goal as our formation wasn't working and Palace were all over us.

This is what worries me about Lambert and has become a more prevalent point as the season has progressed. These things above are blinding obvious to us and yet he can't seem to see it. Tactically as the season has progressed he has regressed.

Wrong formations, slow to adapt or change. Baffling substitutions or substitutions which are to little and to late.

This has little to do with money for me but far more to do with his coaching ability.

The more I see of Villa lately the more I lose faith in any plan he has or even if he ever had one to begin with.

Not having a pop at you & this is not personal but perfect hindsight (based on the result) is a wonderful thing.

Lambert was brave against Chelsea to play 3 up top & it paid ultimate dividends.

The point is the fans may have called it right on this occasion but do fans ever admit it when they get it wrong?

Are you honestly still coming out with this crap? Every time I put you right, you ignore my post and 20 pages later you're still bleating on about "impatient fans" and "Project Lambert" - it's getting really, really tiresome.

Everybody knows, pro-Lambert/anti Lambert, that the Villa fanbase has been extremely patient with Paul Lambert. Will you please, please. please stop typing tosh. On Saturday he lost the away fans, notoriously the "last line of defence" for a manager and everyone knows this. Yes, sure, if we went on a 20 game winning streak now then he'd win them back because all football fans are fickle but there's more chance of you shutting up about "Project Lambert" than that happening.

If you love Lambert, and think he can take us forward, fine. But please stop calling our dedicated away following "impatient" as if your viewpoint is the majority. It's not.

I think you'll find the last line of defence is the Chairman.

I still believe Houllier would have come good if given the summer to continue and not for his health issues (which may have been brought on by pressure), Cabaye, Rami and Oriol Romeu would've been decent signings.

Has the fact that 'our talisman Benteke' been largely shite during his 'fit' parts of the season escaped you?

I support Lambert on Saturday, but if he needs a lift to Norwich after the game, I am his man.

I wish our other 'shit' players had scored 11 this season. Then maybe we wouldn't be in the shit.

He started the season well and then picked up an odd injury. Its clear he was rushed back as we needed him. This didn't work out and he went on a period without scoring. He then broke that and bagged a few more.

So I do t think he's been shit, maybe if you compare that to last season. But I think 11 goals in an injury hit season is a good return.

The point was that the season has not been 'derailed' by the loss of Benteke, because his performances have been generally poor, which you allude to by claiming that he was 'rushed back'.

I agree, he was 'rushed back' and, clearly unfit, made little or no contribution in a number of games.

I think you'll find the last line of defence is the Chairman.

Wrong again. Chairman come and go, the fans are the constant. Give it a rest.

Any team would struggle given the injuries we have had and the fact that our team is so young and relies on our big players more than most teams.  Lambert has always said that we are a million miles away from where he wants to get us.  He has been working under serious constraints and has done an average job but so far has kept us up last season and hopefully will this season.

I'd like to see him given the chance to add some quality to his first 11 and overall have a better squad at his disposal. He is a young manager and he will be learning alot through the hard times as well as our players and he could turn out to be a good thing in this whole bad mess that Villa has become due to the owner and his lack of interest after making a cock-up of the whole thing.  Just 3 or 4 players of Premiership standard please Randy!!  Pay the wages!!

Â