Paul Lambert

limpid

I really wish the Villa fans with a sense of perspective could drown out the whingers in the Holte on match days.

Do you actually mean that you really wish the Villa fans who are prepared to pay good money and watch dross most weeks would be more vociferous than those who have had enough after nearly four seasons of crap being foisted upon them?

I just wish every bit of enthusiasm and support wasn't drawn from what was happening on the pitch, just a bit of positive energy and blind support would make the football experience much more fun. Watching games in Germany

is a real eye opener. They'd probably say "shit support my lord". Away games are fine but English home crowds are woeful.

• Like 3

I really wish the Villa fans with a sense of perspective could drown out the whingers in the Holte on match days.

Do you actually mean that you really wish the Villa fans who are prepared to pay good money and watch dross most weeks would be more vociferous than those who have had enough after nearly four seasons of crap being foisted upon them?

Like it or not football fans are fickle, at 2-0 down to Albion fans were understandably frustrated, however a minority by me were slating Lambert, however those same fans were singing his name after the game.

you want to keep better company.lol

Do actually mean that you really wish the Villa fans who are prepared to pay good money and watch dross most weeks would be more vociferous than those who have had enough after nearly four seasons of crap being foisted upon them? 

As per usual the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

While people are completely entitled to say whatever they want because they pay their money, there is certainly an element of moaning for the sake of moaning at match days from some fans. I hear some right lines around me. Makes me laugh to be fair. Some fans just dislike some players regardless of what they actually do. Likewise, there will be some fans that defend a player to the hilt.

takes all sorts to make a world

• Like 1

Like it or not football fans are fickle, at 2-0 down to Albion fans were understandably frustrated, however a minority by me were slating Lambert, however those same fans were singing his name after the game.

It's not understandable at all to me.  A wonder goal and an own goal were the reason we were 2-0 (having started by far the brighter team) and the fans started booing immediately.  After 8 **** minutes.

Villa Park is a horrific place for a home team to play football imo - the atmosphere is toxic as soon as we go a goal down.  I think it goes a long way to explaining why our home form sucks in comparison to our away form where the fans aren't immediately on the teams collective backs.

Edit:  It's the same short term-ism that sees people calling for Lambert's head after 18 months in charge.  There's no acceptance that a game is 90 minutes/a season is 38 games and that we should actually support Aston Villa - just look for the immediate negatives and criticise them/boo the team.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 4

To be honest, at 2-0 down I just found it funny, not frustrating at all. They had made one attack and were two up through an own goal and a wonder strike.

At that point I was just thinking that we would beat them five or six two.

Had Benteke converted his chance to make us 4-2, that may well have happened!

I agree that we can get frustrated, but the Albion game wasn't one of them.

Edited by thetrees

It's not understandable at all to me. A wonder goal and an own goal were the reason we were 2-0 (having started by far the brighter team) and the fans started booing immediately. After 8 **** minutes.

Villa Park is a horrific place for a home team to play football imo - the atmosphere is toxic as soon as we go a goal down. I think it goes a long way to explaining why our home form sucks in comparison to our away form where the fans aren't immediately on the teams collective backs.

Edit: It's the same short term-ism that sees people calling for Lambert's head after 18 months in charge. There's no acceptance that a game is 90 minutes/a season is 38 games and that we should actually support Aston Villa - just look for the immediate negatives and criticise them/boo the team.

Well yes, they had one shot on target and were 2-0 up! I just can't understand the abuse aimed at Lambert at this point. Like you say, a game is 90 minutes, a season 38 games long. You don't have to be happy clappy but get behind the team.

I think some fans are at the stage of going the games expecting crap and ready to boo regardless of what appears! There's no noise really before kick off. The place should be rocking when the team walks out hopefully that will make them respond. It seems most modern fans wait for the team to do something then sing. I thought last year our support was good probably because we knew how important it was because of the predicament we was in. This year it's a case of 'entertain me' then I'll back you. Granted the 2 go hand in hand but one should always take the lead. My ST isn't in the Holte so I sat there against Sheff Utd and it was crap and before people say well so was the team it was flat before the game kicked off. Paul Lambert needs to get us winning at least 50% of home games and to do that the team needs to be relaxed and not worried about failing a strong loud supportive Holte would lead to a rocking VP and help immensely.

Yet another boring press conferance. Just compare his enthusiasm in press conferances with the likes of Martinez, Solskjaer etc.

That is because Paul Lambert is a boring man.

Paulo Di Canio is an interesting character full of controversy and life, doesn't make him a good manager.

Yet another boring press conferance. Just compare his enthusiasm in press conferances with the likes of Martinez, Solskjaer etc.

That is because Paul Lambert is a boring man.

Paulo Di Canio is an interesting character full of controversy and life, doesn't make him a good manager.

Actually, Paolo Di Canio is a madman. That is what makes him a bad manager. There is a happy medium between being a cross between Mussolini and Charlie Chaplin on the one hand, and a mumbler on the other.

I don't really know what Lambert thinks about the team because it's hard to catch what he is saying and most of what I do manage to pick up is just clichees.

The worst home form in the league and we're moaning at the fans?

Doesn't seem right somehow.

It's a bit of a vicious circle though isn't it. If the home fans are quiet, uneasy or getting on the backs of players ( which lets face it, we have got a reputation for ) then it will filter down to the players which in turn can affect performances. I'm not saying it's the only factor ( lack of a number 10, over reliance on counter attacking etc ) but I certainly think it has some influence on things

Our away fans are always fantastic and you always hear them above the home fans in pretty much every game, maybe that's why they players appear to prefer playing away from home ?

Edited by Biskitt

The home fans have been outstanding at Villa Park this season and they've been rewarded with some of the worst football ever seen at home, yet some on here are criticising those very same fans for their lack of support and negative reaction when we go a goal down.

I've seen it all now.

• Like 1

The fans have minimal impact remember these players are meant to be professional footballers and handle the pressure it's simply down to tactics and footballing ability

We only know how to play two ways either counter attack or park the bus and hoof it hoping to nick a goal

Away from home teams are forced to attack us and leave space which is why our counter attack is so effective

Unless we get a team like WBA who defend on the half way line after going 2 - 0 up away from home, we struggle to break teams down because we have zero creativity in the final third because we have no number 10 to make things happen or any width we rely solely on Benteke to provide knockdowns and bring others into play

It is no coincidence that our upturn in form has coincided with Benteke rediscovering his just look at his stats last season he was not only responsible for scoring the majority of our goals but providing others with the majority of theirs 

Imo Lambert is a limited manager and if we stick with him it will be interesting to see if we improve dramatically or our style changes after we add some quality and a bit of creativity but i'm yet to be convinced

Edited by AshVilla

Boring press conferences.

Well, credit where it's due lads. You keep coming up with new sticks to beat the manager with.

I await the complaints about his choice of shoelace.

There's plenty of sticks of his own making without the need for you to come up with more.

Boring press conferences.

Well, credit where it's due lads. You keep coming up with new sticks to beat the manager with.

I await the complaints about his choice of shoelace.

There's plenty of sticks of his own making without the need for you to come up with more.

Like being dull in press conferences? The dastard!

Â