Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

entertaining game all the same tonight though the skill level was lacking, Romania keeper was shocking.

France will not win this tournament as defence is awful and will be beaten by 1st half decent organised team they play

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

12m west ham paid?

I feel sick. What a player..and not just the goal.

West Ham get a player like Payet and we pay big and get a clown like Nzogbia

sure he will never be a Scott Sinclair in that wide position

France look very average. I thought Romania deserved a point and with better refereeing and better finishing could have had more.

France have some good individuals but not quite the blend - it'll be interesting to see if they can find it.

Pogba is fascinating - when he's good, he's excellent, some of his long passing was fantastic, but when he's bad, he's Carlton Palmer, and the number of times he gave the ball away in front of his back four will worry the French.

I think they'll get better, but they'll have to - right now, they're nowhere near it.

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Don't get the hype around pogba, I don't watch European football admittedly but I've seen him now 4 or 5 times and he's not impressed me once

You should definitely watch him a bit more, he's the complete midfielder.  I can't decide whether he reminds me more of Gazza or Vieira, but he's a big strong box to box midfielder who is as much a playmaker as he is a ball winner.  He's a good passer and an excellent dribbler, he can shoot, he's got vision and he's an athlete. It's weird how Manchester United let him go so cheaply, part of me thinks it's because Fergie was only interested in having a team which would be effective until he retired rather than building for the future which someone else would profit from.  

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Just watching a live feed of these saints all pissed up,  in the faces of the many police singing "stand up if you hate the French". 

What a bunch of bellends 

Why can't they just have a few beers and a laugh amongst themselves? Why do they feel the need to chant at the police are just standing around keeping the peace? 

The world is watching them tonight,  I bet it turns violent before too long. 

Im in France following England. The VAST majority of us are good people who have come here to make friends and enjoy the football and the atmosphere. Do we have ***** following us? Hell yes. But I think that people are too quick to believe the media hype when incidents occur. I was told today by many French fans how much they respect England supporters for what we did at Wembley following the atrocities in Paris last year. We have fantastic support as ever, yes there are few retards but as a whole, we are an incredibly respectful and well behaved set of fans. 

That, however, doesnt make the headlines. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Rev said:

You should definitely watch him a bit more, he's the complete midfielder.  I can't decide whether he reminds me more of Gazza or Vieira, but he's a big strong box to box midfielder who is as much a playmaker as he is a ball winner.  He's a good passer and an excellent dribbler, he can shoot, he's got vision and he's an athlete. It's weird how Manchester United let him go so cheaply, part of me thinks it's because Fergie was only interested in having a team which would be effective until he retired rather than building for the future which someone else would profit from.  

Man U didn't let him go cheaply, he refused to sign a new contract and left on a free. Pogba has said Ferguson made multiple attempts to convince him to stay but he claimed he was not getting enough first team action (at 19!) and had made up his mind to move on when his contract was up. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

Griezmann awful again, France looked much better without him. Still time to come good I suppose, but I don't get the hype. France have some issues, they are not good at the back, Evra, wow, what an awful player, well past it, he was getting scorched by some average players, he's a massive liability. 

France also struggled to break Romania down, the 'fluency' wasn't there in their play. Pogba is clearly talented but it wasn't a great display, some lovely passes at times but he certainly didn't boss the game and he gave the ball away a lot. Giroud, despite scoring, offered very little else, a total statue up front. 

I think they should consider playing Payet more centrally and starting Martial. 

6 hours ago, One For The Road said:

We have fantastic support as ever, yes there are few retards but as a whole, we are an incredibly respectful and well behaved set of fans. 

That, however, doesnt make the headlines. 

What would the headline be?

"Group of English fans have a few drinks and don't fight the police or smash up a bar" :lol:  Well done :thumb:

More fans attacking the general public, and fighting the police. Way to represent our country, dickheads.

More fans being sat in bars doing not a lot having tear gas fired at them...

And more fans walking round getting a slap from locals

There are plenty of videos around showing both sides of it, we've got a lot of dickheads out there but the policing looks shocking

• Like 2

I think Pogba was trying too hard to impress. Too much show boating and holywood passes. Payet was scary good. That goal with his weaker foot. They have got the individuals to go all the way. 

• Like 1

Â