Euro 2016 General Chat

MrDuck

Just now, av1 said:

There is not a UTD fan on earth that would want to swap Martial for Giroud, conversely there is not an Arsenal fan on earth that wouldn't want to swap Giroud for Martial. 

But you you're right, Giroud fits the system better. 

I'm not sure how the top comment is relevant in any way whatsoever,  Martial is a better player than Giroud but France can't just go out and buy another target man style centre forward like Arsenal or Manchester United can.  They have two of any real quality, Giroud and Benzema.  Karim Benzema thought it would be a good idea to involve himself in an attempt to blackmail a fellow international team mate and as a result it seems a lot of the France players don't want him anywhere near the squad. Who can blame them? 

10 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I'm giving Deschamps the benefit of the doubt here, the change in shape has kinda worked going forwards.   Kante and Payet are bossing the midfield for the most part so going for a bit more pace down the flanks is a positive move. 

Two minutes later: :ph34r:

https://streamable.com/grxh

(replay of the goal btw)

3 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

I'm not sure how the top comment is relevant in any way whatsoever,  

It was obviously a poor way of articulating that a cohesive system is more important than just playing your better players. 

Off topic but something England could learn from.

Pogba very much has the Gerards about him, great player but sometimes everything has to go through him too much. Well done Deschamps for subbing him.

Payet, was superb, keep that performance up and he could be at a top team next season.

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Is that Manu Petit on punditry?  That grey beard has put ten years on him. :blink:

I'd say the last 10 years have done that.

• Like 3

Â