Tom Fox

Cracker1234

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm sure he means well and is sufficiently motivated for the task at hand.

The problem is that he's a marketer, and marketers are **** useless.  

Wrong. Marketing is a hugely important part of any business.

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Wrong. Marketing is a hugely important part of any business.

Advertising is, but marketing departments not so much, they are bloated cost centres for the most part, that's why they are the first thing in a business to be savaged if costs have to be cut, nothing like cutting apart a cost centre. And most people in that profession have absolute shit for brains, Tom Fox doesn't seem to deviate too much from that hypothesis. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Advertising is, but marketing departments not so much, they are bloated cost centres for the most part, that's why they are the first thing in a business to be savaged if costs have to be cut, nothing like cutting apart a cost centre. And most people in that profession have absolute shit for brains, Tom Fox doesn't seem to deviate too much from that hypothesis. 

Advertising is a small part of marketing.

And I doubt if Tom Fox got where he has with `shit for brains'.

And you really cannot generalise about people the way you have done.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

They went through all our summer signings and said about 2 were hits as opposed to misses.

• Richards
  • Amavi

sobering thought isn't it.

It is easy to say that when there is no accountability attached. Trust me, if our form picks up and we win a few games they will jump on the bandwagon. Being a pundit is such an easy, easy job. 

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

It is easy to say that when there is no accountability attached. Trust me, if our form picks up and we win a few games they will jump on the bandwagon. Being a pundit is such an easy, easy job. 

Our form won't pick up, and they are pretty much right. Our signings are totally useless and not capable of being championship players never mind premier league players. I'd add Ayew to the list of decent signings but the other signings I'm afraid are shit

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he just got slaughtered by Merse on Sky Sports

Who cares? Merse was a great player for us but the guy is a **** clown. Another of the English mafia on tv here (along with Shearer, Hansen, Souness etc) who are living in the 80's and know absolutely zero about modern sports.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, mwj said:

Who cares? Merse was a great player for us but the guy is a **** clown. Another of the English mafia on tv here (along with Shearer, Hansen, Souness etc) who are living in the 80's and know absolutely zero about modern sports.

What?

Are you suggesting that they are wrong then? I'm not sure if you have watched us play this season or have had a chance to look at the league table but all the pundits are totally spot on. I don't see what your problem with Merson is when he says we are crap and the majority of our signings are crap. He is bang on the money when he slates Tom Fox and the club in general. Aston Villa is a farce

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

The accountabilty?.... its what they have seen to date.....just like us the fans.

I am not even saying pundits know more than fans.

If it turns out fine and the players improve .....Then we will all have an opportunity to say so.

Right now.......as is.

PS  what they are, is pundits not clairvoyants

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There were eight fans, Tom and two people from the club; about the number of people that would fit around the table.

It didn't need to be a quorum - we weren't deciding on anything and the club doesn't function that way anyway, I'm not sure I'm getting what you mean?

I was just trying to gauge whether it was just a PR stunt to give the impression that the club was communicating with the fans, or a full and frank exchange of opinions from a broad group of fans.

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

They went through all our summer signings and said about 2 were hits as opposed to misses.

• Richards
  • Amavi

sobering thought isn't it.

As has been said a few times I actually think a number of our signings will prove to be hits at some point.

Veretout, Ayew, Adama, Gana and maybe even Gestede (although that depends on the team adapting to play to his strengths) could all end up being good players. Ayew and Veretout have already started turning it around.

Our problem is they are all needing time to settle and improve, and we didn't have the quality elsewhere in the squad to carry them while that happened.

If we'd had a good team and we made the signings that we did then I think it would be seen as a positive window. It was the lack of bringing in any experience to help those guys bed in that was the problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I was just trying to gauge whether it was just a PR stunt to give the impression that the club was communicating with the fans, or a full and frank exchange of opinions from a broad group of fans.

I'm not sure it was intended to be either. The club haven't done much in terms of PR on it and I'm not sure that inviting a much larger group would get you anything more than an 'I'm angrier than you' competition - I think larger forums have a habit of turning into people trying to ask a very 'clever' question rather than spark a more interesting debate - in fact, one fan site didn't attend this meeting because they'd rather do something smaller. I think the club wanted to speak directly to fans and to get across a version of what's going on that wasn't being reported in the media. There's an obvious benefit to the club in that, but I think you either choose to believe it or not. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

As has been said a few times I actually think a number of our signings will prove to be hits at some point.

Veretout, Ayew, Adama, Gana and maybe even Gestede (although that depends on the team adapting to play to his strengths) could all end up being good players. Ayew and Veretout have already started turning it around.

Our problem is they are all needing time to settle and improve, and we didn't have the quality elsewhere in the squad to carry them while that happened.

If we'd had a good team and we made the signings that we did then I think it would be seen as a positive window. It was the lack of bringing in any experience to help those guys bed in that was the problem.

Gestede :D

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

If my auntie had ****s she would be my uncle.

They were asked a question in their opinion....2 hits the rest misses.

I guess the response was a bit superficial, but they hadn't the time to go in to detail.

That was their off the cuff answer.

ps It doesn't mean they are right, just their reaction.

pps .. despite the efforts of some fans to be positive, the worry is the general public who cross our paths are not as interested in trying to be.....thus we become the general laughing stock.

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

If my auntie had ****s she would be my uncle.

They were asked a question in their opinion....2 hits the rest misses.

I guess the response was a bit superficial, but they hadn't the time to go in to detail.

That was their off the cuff answer.

ps It doesn't mean they are right, just their reaction.

pps .. despite the efforts of some fans to be positive, the worry is the general public who cross our paths are not as interested in trying to be.....thus we become the general laughing stock.

We are not a laughing stock. You give us too much credibility. Other fans do not care about us at all.

• Like 1

Smacks of "The Emperors New Clothes" 

Que the season ticket propaganda… 

Hey guys, Great news... we are we freezing next seasons season ticket prices and giving you 4 free extra games. 

Erm, Grab a hotdog & Come back soon for more news… Woooooo!

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Veretout  has swapped roles with gana with the latter being pants

Â