Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

Overall not bad, the main thing of note is that our defence looks confident and assured. Something we have not seen for a while. It's still early days of course but if we can keep everyone fit our defence will improve.

We're missing Benteke a bit but overall we look competent going forward.

Edited by PompeyVillan

Deceptively, the team doesn't look too different to last season's, but Cissokho, Hutton, Senderos, Richardson and Zog are all improvements on the players they've replaced (except for Tekkers, of course).

Thought we were going to struggle with how well Newcastle kept the ball in the opening 10 minutes (think we were on about 20% possession), but again we've grown in to the game nicely and it's been very even.

Not been overly tested but they had one chance which they should've done a lot better with (Cabella I think?).

Wouldn't change anything @ HT but would look to change our attack if we continue to struggle. I don't actually think Gabby or Andi have been too bad, we've just not had the kind of clear cut chance you would expect (or rather hope) them to put away. Gabby has led the line well.

Westwood has incredible footballing ability. Like seriously, I cannot wait for him to have Sanchez behind him so he can do it without worrying.

Not a big fan but he's been excellent.

I reckon he looks stronger for definite, especially being as he has been up against Sissoko a few times and not dropped to the floor.

Think Richardson has been alright, he's doing a job of just being In space that Newcastle want to use. Won't sub at half time but cole and bent for Weimann and gabby at around 65 and Sanchez for Richardson at 75

Couldn't believe Weimann didn't see the pass and tried a shot from 30 yards, real schoolboy stuff that.

But he works hard and he's a natural finisher though. With 15 goals in 83 games.

I do appreciate his hard work though in all fairness, we wouldn't have had half the space so far in this game if it wasn't for the mercurial talents of Newcastle leaving plenty of space in behind and not tracking back. Cabella could score a screamer or set one up in the 2nd half, but against better teams they'll be exposed.

Many have said they think Richardson's been poor, but I think he's one of the reasons for our better look. He is in the right place, and plays with calmness. He's not very visible, but I like him.

he's not suppose to do that. our midfield three are too similar. Cole needs to come on

Â