limpid

Bent on at half time? Sounds like we've been playing with no strikers!

I don't think that's the problem so much as getting our "striker" involved. We really need a target up there if we're going to try and flood forward from midfield. At the minute the ball isn't sticking up top very well.

Stoke are quite organised at the back. Decent first half.

I'd bring Grealish or Bacuna on this half for Zog, or at least very early in the next half.

You reckon gabby for grealish and bacuna for zog? Got to be worth a try. I still think whack bent on, get the ball to him and he'll get it on target at least. Can't wait for benteke to come back! Edited by alreadyexists

It seems that Gabby and Weimann are highlighting quite nicely what has been our biggest problem the past few years.

Plodders with no ability stealing a living.

We can't let Gabby play every game despite being so poor again this season.

• Like 2

Not bad. Thing is, Stoke will change something in the second half, tactically/with subs; it's just a matter of seeing whether we do too. Playing well, just need that little something more, be it a simple strike of luck or that bit of cutting edge up front. Keep it going lads, I didn't expect we'd be showing glimpses of actual football!

Not a bad first half at all. Hutton and Cissokho have looked very solid defensively, with the latter looking very impressive going forward. Richardson has put a good shift in and N'Zogbia has had some good touches. Weimann's done some running, but the final product is still not there for him. Gabby's looked poor and really should've scored.

Was a period where we kept playing long ball to Gabby and it didn't work, last 10 minutes of the half though Westwood and Delph put their foot on the ball and we played it around better, producing much better opportunities and getting in better areas. Carry on the 2nd half the way we finished the first please. I'd give Gabby 10 minutes before I'd bring Bent on if there's no improvement from him.

Gabby and Weimann off.... Grealish and bent on.... We have been pretty good this first half.... Full backs been very good and going forward we have been pretty good.... Gabby should have scored though!

Give Gabby 10 mins after half time then hook him for Bent, Grealish for Weimann for the last half an hour. Subbing them both at half time might be counterproductive in the long run, still though they look they need a kick up the arse, maybe Bent straight away and then Grealish to come on after 10 mins for Weimann....

• Like 1

Gabby and Weimann off.... Grealish and bent on.... We have been pretty good this first half.... Full backs been very good and going forward we have been pretty good.... Gabby should have scored though!

Give Gabby 10 mins after half time then hook him for Bent, Grealish for Weimann for the last half an hour. Subbing them both at half time might be counterproductive in the long run, still though they look they need a kick up the arse, maybe Bent straight away and then Grealish to come on after 10 mins for Weimann....

Grealish for Zog - Zog and Grealish is too attacking IMO for an away game

No we don't need Bent,all he does is score goals,no room in this team foe a goalscorer

We have others on the team who are well capable of scoring a goal who also actually contribute in other areas.
not sure we do. We have a serious lack of goals in us without benteke.

Â