SIFF World Cup

Stevo985

It'll be interesting to see which breed of Dogs play in which positions. Could have big say on the outcome of tomorrow's match.

Dobermans on the wing to employ a classic pinscher movement down the flanks, putting in crosses to my Great Dane and Border Collie upfront or playing the ball back to my marauding attacking midfield ace from Rhodesia, who trains in the offseason killing lions. Stout hearted Rottweilers in central defense flanked by Pit Bulls. Apes gonna be shitting it every time they go forward...

• Like 3

I don't think it'll be a walk in the park for the Gorillas today, for me they'll struggle with the Dogs speed, agility and movement off the ball. I'm going for a victory for the dogs who I think need to perfect their passing game to advance up the pitch as they'll struggle with dribbling given the short distance between their front and back legs.

The Ostriches have to fancy themselves against the Elephants with their pace and superior mobility. I can see them pulling off a few nutmegs in this match, something the elephants will have to guard against, balls passed inbetween their front and bag legs could cause a lot of damage, but they'll know this and will have been training for it.

• Like 2

Match 5 - Gorillas vs Dogs

The third day of the SIFF world cup promised much, as two matches were taking place that, with the bookies at least, looked like they would be close games.

The Gorillas took on the Dogs in the early kick off. The Gorillas set up with a traditional 4-4-2 whereas Kenny Dog-leash set his team up with a more unconventional 3-4-1-2.

The game started well for the dogs, Spaniel Alves and Dirk Snout performing their wing back roles admirably, regularly spreading the play and feeding Mutt Le Tissier in the middle of the park.

But it was the gorillas who had the first chance. A long through ball evaded the dog defence, Robert Woof unable to keep pace with King Kong, the Gorilla captain, but he saw his shout tipped over by Stray Given in the dog goal.

Nicky Mutt had the Dog’s first chance when he crashed a header against the foot of the post from a Doggy Zamora cross.

Despite all the dogs’ hard work, it was they who fell behind late in the first half. Denis Paw gave away a foul after snapping at the heels of Faustino Gorilla, and the tricky silverback dusted himself off and dispatched the free kick high into the corner of the net, well out of the reach of Given in goal.

The second half was a different story. The dogs tried to freshen things up, bringing on Lassie-na Diarra and Growl Meireles to sure up the midfield, but it had the opposite effect. The dogs failed to keep their discipline as the Gorillas moved up a gear and picked them apart.

The lead was doubled on the hour mark as Joe Young got onto the end of a through ball ad finished coolly through the keeper’s legs.

The Dogs did their best to get back into the game but found themselves further behind soon after. Given flapped at a cross, unable to hold the ball between his paws, and Congo slid in at the back post to send the ball home and give the Gorillas ample breathing space.

The dogs were given hope late in the game, Johan Crufts getting on the end of a hopeful punt downfield from Wesley Schnauser and lobbed the hapless Gorilla goalkeeper with a beautiful header.

But it proved to be only a consolation, especially when, with the 90 minutes played, King Kong got his second of the game to finish off the dogs in injury time.

A valiant effort from the Dogs, but the Gorillas, in truth, never looked overly troubled and continue the trend of the favourites going through in every game so far.

Result - Gorillas 4 - 1 Dogs
Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 4

This thread has to take the biscuit for most confusing thread in the history of VT.

WTF!! What on earth is this about :huh:

its quite simple, if you put a human brain in animals, ie intelligence wasn't a factor, which animal would have the best football team?

Obviously its evolved slightly ;)