SIFF World Cup

Stevo985

I just hope the ref isn't swayed by the honeybadgers' reputation for violence and dirty play. It's been made too much of, and the kangaroos have been known to mix it themselves. Can't see that game ending 11 v 11. 

This pattern continued for much of the first 20 minutes. Despite Opo in the Dolphin goal making a number of saves by rolling into the path of incoming shots, the Cheetahs found themselves 26-0 up with the game barely a quarter complete.

That is some Police Machine bullsh*t.

The Kangaroos vs Honeybadgers looks like Men Vs Boys. I can only see a Kangaroo win, unless the Honeybadgers put in one hell of a performance, and keep their discipline.

The Kodiaks vs Zebras will be a much tighter contest, in my opinion. Kodiaks have the strength and 2-legged advantage, but Zebras are quicker and much more agile.

Zebras also have a better leap and also their acceleration is better, but, being 4-legged is their downfall.

My money is on the Zebras! Go Zebras!!!!

• Like 1

Surely the K.B.s would go ultra defensive try and use their immense size to limit the zebras ability to get it inside, they've got small legs but not being on all 4s is a big advantage for them. Sure Zebras can have a max speed of about 40km/hr but I don't think a zebra could dribble that well with it's head. Plus the bears are going to be very hard to get the ball off if they shield it well with their backs due to the huge strength advantage. Reckon they'd do a job from set plays too, the fact they have a height advantage, can't imagine the zebras are going to be able to have a good standing jump, the bears arent going to give them the space in the box to get a running leap, then factor in those small legs can you imagine how strong they must be to support that frame, surely they can get way more power in their shots than a Zebra.

• Like 1

Plus how much power can a zebra get into a shot with it's head, they are going to be useless in goal and basically trying to save it with the head or ass. KBs ain't slow either have a top speed of about 35km/hr which is only 5km/hr behind that of the Zebra. Over 8 foot tall & well over a tonne in weight, the zebras can't even tackle the bears for fear they'll fall on them and crush them. Also things like passing the bears will be able to spread it round, tippy tappy stuff on 2 legs. If the zebras are trying to make a pass its going to be with their head (how many yards can they hit it with their head?) or have to turn around and do a back heel. Plus if a bear gets in a position to shoulder a zebra it's going to be game over. 

• Like 1

The Honey badgers are known in some quarters as 'the Chuck Norrises of the Animal Kingdon' and having read up a bit on them I'm not surprised. I think they'll battle hard and get in and around the Kangroos and make nusiances of themselves and protect the ball in possesion but ultimately I worry about their ability once they have the ball to do any real damage, they're going to have to use some really clever movement and triangle passing to take advantage of the fact that the Kangeroos might be cumbersome on the turn. But I think the Kangeroos will edge this one, just by having the bipedal advantage, I certainly believe they'll be more dangerous in possesion.

• Like 2

Now that I realise that it's the Zodiak bears and not the Koala bears, I'm struggling to see any hope for the Zebras one advantage they may have is that they'll be better climatized to the African heat and I suspect may have more endurance than the kodiaks so if at all possible need limit the Bears for as long as possible. Again I think The Bears being able to walk on their hind legs will be a big advantage as will their height.

Folski, you need to take your Kodiak Bear specs off a minute!!

The 'Bears top speed might only be 5km/hr behind the Zebras, but it's their acceleration that lets them down. They plog along at about 15km/hr until for 10-15 feet before picking up any pace, that's a huge disadvantage.

You say that the 'Bears aren't going to give the Zebras space to run into the box, but when you've got the pace/agility advantage that the Zebras have, it's not that straight forward. If the 'Bears can't use their muscle, then the Zebras will be able to get around them. I wouldn't be suprised to see the lumbering Kodiaks give a number of free kicks away too.

Finally, 4-legged animals aren't just limited to backheels and headers. They can kick forward, they just need to be careful that the ball doesn't touch their front legs when they do. Animals with a small frame are at risk of this, with their legs being so close together, but I can definately see the Zebras using a 'diagonal kick' method, of kicking it with their back legs, diagonally in-front of them.

Take them specs off buddy!!!!!!! Things aren't always that black and white when it comes to Zebras!

• Like 1

I can definately see the Zebras using a 'diagonal kick' method, of kicking it with their back legs, diagonally in-front of them.

That's a good point that hadn't crossed my mind. If the Zebras can perfect that method I can see them pulling of a lot of one-two passing that could be more affective  than them trying to dribble with ball. This could be a tight game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think equine animals would struggle to see their back legs without turning their head upside down. So unless this is a team of no-look-pass Ronaldinho zebras I doubt they could utilise one twos to any great effect.

Folski, you need to take your Kodiak Bear specs off a minute!!

The 'Bears top speed might only be 5km/hr behind the Zebras, but it's their acceleration that lets them down. They plog along at about 15km/hr until for 10-15 feet before picking up any pace, that's a huge disadvantage.

You say that the 'Bears aren't going to give the Zebras space to run into the box, but when you've got the pace/agility advantage that the Zebras have, it's not that straight forward. If the 'Bears can't use their muscle, then the Zebras will be able to get around them. I wouldn't be suprised to see the lumbering Kodiaks give a number of free kicks away too.

Finally, 4-legged animals aren't just limited to backheels and headers. They can kick forward, they just need to be careful that the ball doesn't touch their front legs when they do. Animals with a small frame are at risk of this, with their legs being so close together, but I can definately see the Zebras using a 'diagonal kick' method, of kicking it with their back legs, diagonally in-front of them.

Take them specs off buddy!!!!!!! Things aren't always that black and white when it comes to Zebras!

I've factored in the zebra's better acceleration, I don't think it's that much of a threat to be honest, I don't see the bears going too far in the competition but they beat the zebras every time. If I was the bears I'd line up like Pulis' Stoke team but go 5-4-1. Also have u seen Zebras move, when their back legs go forward their front legs go back I don't see how it's possible for them to not hand ball it, factor in then they've got really small hooves. They haven't a hope of being able to control the ball. You talk about the bears giving away free kicks, but what's a zebra going to do with a free kick, them hooves, and a wall with 8 foot bears? Also, a zebra goal keeper hasn't got any fingers, he can't hold onto a ball, the bears are used to catching salmon jumping out of water, their keep is going to have a field day. I was saying that if a corner or free kick near the box happens, the bears can pack the box with 4/5 players and take up so much space that the zebras won't be able to run and jump to clear, but 5 8 foot tall bears will be able to get their massive heads on  the ball absolutely towering over these zebras.

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think equine animals would struggle to see their back legs without turning their head upside down. So unless this is a team of no-look-pass Ronaldinho zebras I doubt they could utilise one twos to any great effect.

But remember they're proffesionals and have been training for this. As long as they can position their bodys so they receive the ball at a slight sideways on angle then I think a quick glance to the side should suffice.

Although it's still the Kodiacs game to lose for me.

• Like 2