SIFF World Cup

Stevo985

I'd have preferred to keep the polls private so that only I could see who had won, so that the match reports would have been a surprise. But I don't think that's possible so we'll have to go with public.

Polls will go on until at least midday for every game.

I'd have preferred to keep the polls private so that only I could see who had won, so that the match reports would have been a surprise. But I don't think that's possible so we'll have to go with public.

Looks like they are private.

​B: I think he's saying, once people read...well...all this basically...even if they don't read it, which is more likely and just look at the wall of text, they will want the Polar Bears to win.

8P: *Looks devastated*...what?

:D

• Like 1

They're private in so much as you can't see who has voted for who. But I meant you wouldn't be able to see how many votes had been cast for each team.

They're private in so much as you can't see who has voted for who. But I meant you wouldn't be able to see how many votes had been cast for each team.

Ah, gotcha.

I think I was originally siding with the chimps against the polar bears given the solitary nature of the latter and their obvious problems with the conditions but the apparent lack of unity in the chimps' camp is edging me towards an upset.

That the chimps' defence and attack will probably spend most of their time swinging from the crossbars and nets in the various goals (either being much too deep defensively or constantly offside) means they'll get overrun in the middle of the park and I give it to the polar bears with a spectacular (though accidental) forty yard strike.

Finally, as the poll is finishing at midday, it would appear to be a morning kick off which would see the polar bears at the peak of their abilities. An evening game would have seen the chimps winning by three or four.

With the dolphins' request to move the fixture to a more suitable venue having been denied and the subsequently wished for rain looking unlikely, the cheetahs ought to stroll through (well not stroll, clearly).

• Like 3

WIth the African sun, I worry that Polar Bears are going to overheat, they really need to conserve as much energy as possible. If the Chimpanzees can get any early goal then I'd have them down as clear favourites. Really it needs a strong defensive performance from the Bears and hopefully (from their point of view) they can get a late goal, possibly from a set piece, they've got the height advantage and need to make it count.

• Like 1

As useless says, this year's destination is not the 'Bears preferred choice.

If they get the vote to host the next SIFF World Cup, then my money will be on them. But Today, I feel they will be having early (ice) baths.

• Like 2

This is my starting eleven for CHIMP XI

Our nickname is 'The Panzees'

Our Motto is 'Beware The Beast, Man" (The comma is important in our version...this is not part of the motto, just an explanation)

keeper.png
Çarli
home.png
CJ
home.png
Clara
home.png
Evie Evo
home.png
Bam Bam
home.png
Muggs
home.png
Kwanza
home.png
Pankun
home.png
Caesar (Captain)
home.png
Bubbles
home.png
Cornelius

Edited by 8pints

More information on the problems in the chimps' camp from social media 'sources':

Apparently, they are unhappy with some aspects of the training regime. The worst of it is reported to be them being served PG Tips after one session and doing 'upper body strength' work that included moving pianos.

One first team regular commented, before rushing off to swing on a tire, "It's like being back in the '70s. No respect for the players."

• Like 4

I'm struggling to think of a good argument for the Dolphins against the Cheetahs. I know the Cheetah's can't play at full pace the entire match but still the Dolphins can hardly move at all they're going to have to perfect the tika taka style and make the ball do the work. Like the Polar Bears I worry for them in the heat, they're going to have to make sure they get properly refreshed at half time.

Who is in the human team? Is it the best players today, or, just some blokes

Germany. Current world champs.

But like I said, it doesn't really matter. We're assuming that brains are the same. 

So in effect, assume it's Germany representing every single team. The only difference is the bodies they are in.