Carlos Sanchez

ArteSuave

The Daily Mail article (first one to report £4.7 million fee) was updated a minute ago and now includes the line:

"Sanchez will undergo his medical at Villa's Bodymoor Heath training complex in the coming days, with the club hopeful of completing the deal soon after...".

Edited by kasabian21

How do people reckon the midfield will line up then.

To me it all points to the diamond seeing as we have hardly a wide player at the club now Albrighton and Tonev have been moved on.

Sanchez holding with Delph and Westwood pushed forward more or is there still one for one more? If Ki is still an option then I'd be a lot more confident for the season ahead once our decent strikers return as our midfield would look pretty competitive.

Sanchez

Westwood/KEA            Delph

N'zogbia/Cole/,,,,,,,,Grealish?

Judging from pre season Richardson will probably be an option for the middle trio aswell.

It's good enough for me. The fact that many sources are even confirming our interest, is good enough! If all goes well, I reckon we'll have him by..... Friday!

I really hope we sign Sanchez because it's been a long time since we had a decent player whose normal role is defensive midfield. His signing could be the making of a top 10 side for us because we would see a better Delph and our defenders might actually get a breather.

How do people reckon the midfield will line up then.

To me it all points to the diamond seeing as we have hardly a wide player at the club now Albrighton and Tonev have been moved on.

Sanchez holding with Delph and Westwood pushed forward more or is there still one for one more? If Ki is still an option then I'd be a lot more confident for the season ahead once our decent strikers return as our midfield would look pretty competitive.

Sanchez

Westwood/KEA            Delph

N'zogbia/Cole/,,,,,,,,Grealish?

Judging from pre season Richardson will probably be an option for the middle trio aswell.

I'd say that would be a good line-up, and can become a 5 man midfield with the central player going wide and one of Agbonlahor/Weimann/substitute moving to the other side.

How big a signing is this? Is he just better than what we have or could he be a very good premier league player?

I think it's a signing you'd barely notice at another club, maybe think hhhmmm, is that the guy from the world cup?

But for Villa it's very exciting to sign

1. A player who excelled at the world cup

2. A South American

3. A player who is costing a decent chunk of money (by recent Villa standards)

4. A player in a position we really need and have done for some time

• Like 3

Linky

Aston Villa: Carlos Sanchez on verge of Villa switch Colombian international flying to Birmingham ahead of a medical after Villa agree fee with Elche of around £4.5m

Villa are hoping to make Carlos Sanchez their fifth summer signing.

The Colombian is flying into Birmingham ahead of a medical which could take place at some point tomorrow after a fee was agreed with his current club Elche.

They are expected to pay around £4.5million in total which includes a payment to the third party ownership group that controls part of the player’s rights.

Earlier today rumours surfaced that Villa’s interest had cooled, however the move appears to be very much on.

It’s thought that some minor details still need to be ironed out as talks continue but I’m told that today's negotiations went well.

Subject to him passing a medical, and at this stage, there is not one booked, Sanchez is expected to become a Villa player.

There are not likely to be any work permit issues, though.

The 28-year-old has 48 international caps and played for his country four times during the World Cup.

His move from the Spanish side, should there be no late problems, will be a big boost for Paul Lambert.

The claret and blues boss has been searching for a defensive midfielder to bolster his ranks ahead of the start of the season.

Sanchez was identified following his solid displays for club and country.

He performed well in Brazil during Colombia’s impressive World Cup campaign and will offer the bite that Villa have lacked in recent years.

Last term Fabian Delph was the stand-out player in the middle of the park but he lacked the support alongside him.

With a player like Sanchez sitting in a deeper role, Delph and co could flourish with the greater protection behind them.

If Villa can land another cash signing it will be exciting news for fans ahead of the season’s opener on Saturday.

Before last week Villa had only recruited three new players - all of them arriving on free transfers.

With Joe Cole missing much of the pre-season schedule through injury, supporters only had Philippe Senderos and Kieran Richardson to check out before Aly Cissokho’s arrival.

The left-back who signed from Valencia is expected to be fit and ready to play against Stoke City at the weekend.

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

The defensive midfielder nicknamed The Rock is heading to Villa Park after the club agreed a £1.5million fee with Spanish outfit Elche

Colombian midfielder Carlos Sanchez will fly in to join Aston Villa before the start of the season.

Sanchez’s agent Diego Merino is in Birmingham to thrash out a deal worth £1.5million after Villa beat off competition from Everton and QPR.

Defensive midfielder Sanchez, 28 – nicknamed The Rock – has agreed a three year contract at Villa Park.

Manager Paul Lambert has been on the lookout for a defensive midfielder all summer but with wantaway owner Randy Lerner struggling to find a buyer for the club, the Scotsman was priced out of a move for Swansea's Korean international Ki Sung-Yeung.

Sanchez will be only the second significant cash buy at Villa Park this summer following the arrival of former Liverpool loanee Aly Cissokho from Valencia in a £2million deal last week.

They join Bosman signings Joe Cole and Philipe Senderos, while Kieran Richardson

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-agree-carlos-sanchez-4042087?

Â