Football Manager 2015

hogso

Shrewsbury still have no money even though I'm in the prem now.

May as well call me Free Transfer Old Boys FC

Team now includes Glenn Johnson, joleon lescott, David Silva, Wayne Rooney, vagner love, branislav Ivanovic, Darren fletcher and Stuart Holden.

We'd be quite good if it wasn't 2020 in game.

Edited by Stevo985

Sorry, I'm not on FM15

I'm just hijacking the thread :)

Edit: Shrewsbury sacked me. 10th in the premier league in our first season (when expectations were to battle relegation) and reached the FA cup quarter finals.

**** this game.

Edited by Stevo985

I'm a few games into my second season, sitting 7th, but in the past few games Gabby, Westwood & Delph have picked up injuries, out for 2 months, 4 months and 5 months. Annoying.

Start unemployed you cheats

I always play a season or two with Villa or another big team just to get my bearings and used to changes. Then I'll start Dafuges challenge or something similar.

Blues beating me was the game that got me the sack.

Fair enough really.

Poor show. I drew Blues away in the first round of the Capital One Cup.

Highlight of my season so far. Won 4-0, Grealish with 2, long term injuries to 2 of there "star" players and gave us a good ego boost after a few poor results.

Grealish has started every PL game for me so far. Won Young Player of the Month award once, came 2nd once and named in the Team of the Week twice. Still only in October of my first season. Delph is leading the way with 7.74 avg rating.

Stevo, FM14? Same here. Havant & W in the prem :)

Yep. Handheld though.

Got a job at Boro. Immediately got relegated but they were doomed anyway.

Top of the championship.

You're a stepping stone, Boro. I hope you know that.

Not starting unemployed is cheating? I don't remember having to press up, down, left, right, start+a..

That's the purest way to play the game, IMO.

Start unemployed with as low reputation as you can get and work your way up.

I usually start at a non-league club when I've got bored of my Villa save. I've never started unemployed and done that whole 'career' thing though, going from club to club. It does sound fun, but I'm a one club, one save kind of a guy.

It's a bit like playing Super Mario Bros and waiting to get a job as a plumber.

Starting to get to grips with this game, think the tactics are a lot harder this year, I normally go a one tactic fits all but It seem teamss are setting up differently home and away, changing tactics a lot more in games.

Pros

Scouting - so much better and makes it much harder to find the gems

Transfer negotiations - much better, love having to negotiate the price seems to work a lot better than pervious

Match engine - looks a lot better

Cons

Tactics screen - obviously (still unusable)

Match engine - dosnt seem to reflect what you tell it, previous versions it's been a lot easier to fill spaces that you see are they with your tactics or manage the way your team plays. I've got a tactic that works but just trial and error, no where near the tactic I started with.

User interface - the bar should be collapsible and shouldn't change colour, a lot of clicks to get info you need

Player happiness - all teams hate their manager

Injuries - as per

Money - teams have too much money, suppose this is real life but once you get to the top league in a country you have millions, used to love having to spend all my budget on one player and spend 3/4 seasons trying to turn the team into a top side. Last few years you can do it in one year.

Still it's football manager, feel like I have a purpose in life again, until death do us part.

• Like 1

Not starting unemployed is cheating? I don't remember having to press up, down, left, right, start+a..

The main thing that would annoy me about that, is that if/when you eventually get a job at Villa, all the current players would be long gone. I like to buy the game to take over Villa and see how much better than Lambert I can do. (I'm currently 7th btw!)

The main thing that would annoy me about that, is that if/when you eventually get a job at Villa, all the current players would be long gone. I like to buy the game to take over Villa and see how much better than Lambert I can do. (I'm currently 7th btw!)

How?? I'm consistently in a relegation scrap no matter what I try

My first season was a bit hit and miss, I was around the relegation zone for a bit but finished 13th. Then Graham Taylor's consortium took over, gave me a month to impress them, then gave me a new contract and £20m to spend in the transfer window. I've not been entirely consistent, but I've managed to pull results out of the bag by going 'Attacking' in the second half. 3-0 against Chelsea, 2-1 against Man Utd, 1-1 against Man City, 2-2 against Liverpool and then a number of wins against the smaller sides. Strangely, I spent all my money and then in December 2015 signed Cleverley on a free (£54k p/w and £1.1m signing on fee) and it said 'you have £19m remaining', so I'm going to spend that in January! :D

This game is so frustrating.

I just can't seem to get Benteke or Kozak scoring goals. Have loads of shots every game they just dont score. 

Yet the opposition seem to score 3 out of the 5 chances they get.

Edited by PieFacE

Â