Football Manager 2015

hogso

Sweet. I am thinking of buying the mobile version, just for something to do on long trips. I did try it before but always gave in. Might have to stick with it, and maybe not manage Villa.

Is it easy to pick up good regents? I never got that far.

Yeah a piece of piss really. 

Maybe they'll change it for FMH15, but on 14, as I said above, there doesnt seem to be any ability in your scouts. They're just right.

You don't get a situation where your scout says someone will be amazing, but because they're a shit scout, the player turns out to be crap.

So I usually just send them out in about February on a number of assignments, and then when summer rolls round you have a huge list of players that you can sort by position, value, contract etc but most importantly, ability and potential ability, which like I say always appears to be correct.

Then if you have 10 players with max PA, but 9 of them are £10m and one is £5m, you plump for the £5m (and your "transfer acumen" will take a nice boost)

You still have the problem that the best regens are going to be expensive and the clubs won't want to sell to you. But you can even filter by "interested" so you're only looking at the players you can realistically get.

The way I did it was until I got into the prem I pretty much relied on loans and free transfers. Which is why I had players like Rooney, Dzeko, Johnson, Luiz, Fletcher etc playing for me when they were like 38 :D

Then when you get into the prem and actually have some cash you can look at the regens.

oh, also your assitant's recommendations in the team report for players to buy are usually pretty good too. The main problem being they're usually a player that will cost your entire transfer budget!

Maybe they'll change it for FMH15, but on 14, as I said above, there doesnt seem to be any ability in your scouts. They're just right.

You don't get a situation where your scout says someone will be amazing, but because they're a shit scout, the player turns out to be crap.

So I usually just send them out in about February on a number of assignments, and then when summer rolls round you have a huge list of players that you can sort by position, value, contract etc but most importantly, ability and potential ability, which like I say always appears to be correct.

Then if you have 10 players with max PA, but 9 of them are £10m and one is £5m, you plump for the £5m (and your "transfer acumen" will take a nice boost)

You still have the problem that the best regens are going to be expensive and the clubs won't want to sell to you. But you can even filter by "interested" so you're only looking at the players you can realistically get.

The way I did it was until I got into the prem I pretty much relied on loans and free transfers. Which is why I had players like Rooney, Dzeko, Johnson, Luiz, Fletcher etc playing for me when they were like 38 :D

Then when you get into the prem and actually have some cash you can look at the regens.

oh, also your assitant's recommendations in the team report for players to buy are usually pretty good too. The main problem being they're usually a player that will cost your entire transfer budget!

I've downloaded (14) to give it a go, I tried playing it a few months back but probably didn't give it enough of a chance tbh. I shall report back with my thoughts on it. I really want to stick with it.

Are you a Cricket fan?

Oh and for the FM15 crew, I just tried the demo, in two friendlies I got 7 injuries. Is there a problem with injuries in the game?

• Like 1

Annoying. I was 2-0 up against Norwich in the 60th minute, so decided to take off my central midfielder and rightback to bring on a 20 year old and 16 year old prospect. I ended up drawing 2-2, Berahino last minute equaliser :(

I've downloaded (14) to give it a go, I tried playing it a few months back but probably didn't give it enough of a chance tbh. I shall report back with my thoughts on it. I really want to stick with it.

Are you a Cricket fan?

Oh and for the FM15 crew, I just tried the demo, in two friendlies I got 7 injuries. Is there a problem with injuries in the game?

Absolutely not :)

• Like 1

DK if you're struggling on FMH14 give me a shout and I'll share a pretty good tactic with you.

Cheers mate, have started a game. I am bound to struggle sooner rather than later.

I asked about cricket because of International Cricket Captain, I think I am the only person to play it :D

Haha no I don't work for SI. If you scroll back in this thread, nearly everyone who played the beta had injury problems. I was getting around 2 per game. After the beta though, my game sorted itself out and injuries are realistic again. Unless you're on the beta or need updating, perhaps your training is on the wrong focus? Or too intense?

Quite possibly the greatest result I've had on FM, this year for sure. 4-1 down in the first leg I'd pretty much given up for another year...

878ea6f0dec3901fafc90d6ce06e9ed1.png

I'd like to thank Busquets with his huge assistance by getting sent off  :) Into the Champions League semis I go!

• Like 1

Well, I did end up going all the way, I beat Chelsea 3-1 on aggregate in the semis. Unfortunately for me though, I had Real Madrid in the final

4e37395049ede1ba82a1bfcfd4afa6b4.png

faecda955766d5436888151f84498928.png

Gutted when I look at the stats, they even missed a penalty which gave me even more hope that I was going to do it. Just never took our chances in the end.

Â